You remembered

I wish we never met

 

Today was a pretty special day for Luhan and this was one of the days that he didn’t have trouble getting out of bed. “MOM!” He called out as he walked down the stairs but there was no response. He searched every room but she was nowhere to be found. Picking up his bag which was by the door, he sighed and was frustrated about getting his hopes up. “She forgot my birthday.”

Standing in front of the school gate, Luhan sighed. He knew that no one in this place would even bother to greet him . . .  They probably didn’t even know that it was his birthday. Walking in the hallways, Luhan spotted Sehun, leaning by his locker and flirting with a girl as usual. They caught each other’s eyes but Luhan looked away and picked up his pace, eager to get away.

“Typical” He thought and headed to his class.

-------

Looking into Luhan’s eyes, Sehun saw that he was unhappy which was odd because it was his birthday today. “So . . . I’m done with my part. Just submit the project on time, Okay?” He said to Miyoung, whom he was paired up with to accomplish a project they had in Literature. She nodded and waved goodbye, heading to the other side of the corridor where her friends were. Sehun opened his locker and took out a blue paper bag which contained a deer plushie.

“Happy birthday Lulu” He wrote on a post it and stuck it on the bag. He sighed, placing the paper bag in his locker and cupped his face. “Why can’t I stay mad at you?” He thought and leaned against his locker. His eyes being closed, he didn’t notice that Jongin had been standing there, watching him.

“Sehun?”

Upon opening his eyes, he saw Jongin, who was giving him a questioning look, standing before him.

“Oh Hey” Sehun said, fixing himself since he probably looked like he just woke up. “What’s up?”

“Well, class is about to start in a minute.” Jongin said, looking at his watch. Sehun pulled his arm, leading him to their classroom and sighed in relief upon seeing that the teacher wasn’t there yet.  Once Mr. Lee arrived, the class went on smoothly. Sehun couldn’t help but constantly check his watch, waiting for this class to be over so that he could talk to Luhan and give him his gift. Once the bell rang, Sehun was the first to stand up from his seat and immediately headed out to search for Luhan. The sight of Luhan sitting at a bench by the courtyard made Sehun smile from ear to ear but upon seeing another figure approach Luhan, Sehun’s expression dropped.

“Lulu!” Xiumin called out, making Luhan face towards his direction and was really shocked upon seeing the huge stuffed animal that he held in his arms. Sehun looked at the paper bag he was holding and sighed. Leaving the paper bag behind the bench Luhan was sitting on, he walked away disappointed that he wasn’t the first one to make Luhan smile on his birthday.

------

Even though Luhan didn’t really like Xiumin’s gift, he was all smiles, not wanting to make Xiumin feel bad. It wasn’t his fault that he didn’t like crocodiles or reptiles in general and upon standing up from his place, he noticed something behind the bench. “What’s this?” He thought, picking the paper bag up and peered inside. He took out a deer plushie and stared at it, especially at its huge eyes in awe.

“Awww” He thought, squeezing the plushie in his arms and taking another look inside the paper bag, he saw a card which looked home made.

Dear Luhan,

Happy Birthday! I know I haven’t been the greatest friend . .  I wasn’t even close to being a good friend. so I’m saying this again even though you’re probably already tired of hearing it. I’m really really sorry Luhan and I am saying this from the bottom of my heart. I hope that you could forgive me someday but that day doesn’t have to be today so don’t worry. Anyways, I’m giving you this deer because upon seeing it, it immediately reminded me of you. Especially its eyes. I hope you like it.

Sehun

Luhan looked around, wondering where Sehun was but after a few minutes of searching he gave up and sat on the bench once again, wrapping his arms around the stuffed animal.

“You remembered.” 

-------

I'm really sorry if it took me so long to update. I haven't really been busy.. My brain just doesn't want to work and I've been feeling sick these past few days. -sneezes- Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and I just wanted to share that It's my birthday today! -blows horn- Hooray! Not. Haha, It's my sweet 16 and it's not... really.. happy... Yeah. :)) Anyways if this chapter has grammar errors or something.. I am sorry.. I was too lazy to proof read :) I'm not really in the mood to do so.

Comments || Subscriptions || Upvotes = appreciated.