Are You Serious?

My Bride

 

“What happened?” oppa asked me.

 

            I can’t seem to find words to tell him and just looked at that direction where they were walking. Seung Hyun oppa saw it. It was my boyfriend. He knew him even though he just saw him once. He suddenly went out of the car. I was shocked so I also went out. He was so furious, in a mini-second he ran towards my boyfriend and punch him.

 

            “Kyaa! Oppa!” the girl cried out loud.

            “Yah! Who are you to hurt Cho Hee like this?” said TOP to him.

 

            I was just looking at them. I can’t move, my legs don’t want to. Jung Su got up.

 

            “Oh! Seung Hyun hyung! Why are –“

            “Don’t call me Hyung you bastard! I’ll never forgive you for cheating on Cho Hee.” He punched him again. This time it was a very hard punch that made blood come out of Jung Su’s mouth.

 

            I can’t take it anymore.

 

            “Stop it oppa!” I shouted. I walk towards them and held Seung Hyun oppa’s hands. He loosened his grip and let go of Jung Su and pushed him away. Jung Su was shocked to see me. That guilty face of him.

 

            “Cho Hee-ya, this is not what you think. I was just –“

           

            My hand like it has its own brain slapped him. So hard that I was hurt.

 

            “Let’s stop this nonsense. Let’s go oppa.”

 

            Everything ended between us. I knew it. I was so hurt but no tear came out of my eyes, I was just looking at the window the whole time. Even Seung Hyun oppa didn’t utter a word.

 

            “We’re here, Cho Hee.”

            “Ahhh.”

            “Are you fine?”

            “I think I’ll be.”

 

            I told him. He looked at me straight in the eye. He suddenly drove the car.

 

            “Oppa, where are we going?”

 

            He didn’t say a word. We came after all to a playground. This is where we played when we were kids. I still remember everything we did. This was also the place where he promised to be my groom.

 

            Both of us got out of the car. I knew it that he wants to cheer me up.

 

            “Oppa, I know you want to cheer me up. But why here? You should have brought me to a cooler place than this. You’re so cheap! What will you do with that money?” I awkwardly said trying to make the atmosphere lighter between us.

            “Ya, you can cry now.” He told me with that husky voice of him.

            “Oppa, are you joking me? You know I’m such a strong girl. Why would I cry?” It’s true I never cry in public. I never want to and I’m always telling myself not to. I’m an orphan and if I’m weak I’ll never get a life.

 

            He looked at me straight in the eye. I was looking at his gaze and he suddenly hugged me. A warm hug from a person who have always been there with me. My heart was so full with hurt. I can’t anymore hold it.

 

            “It’s okay. Oppa is here.” He said.

 

            That was the moment I burst into tears, it was very heart breaking. My heart kept it for so long. It hurts so much. For all those years we’ve been through, he just cheated. I was crying so hard but oppa didn’t let go of me. He was holding me. It was so warm that I felt so consoled.

 

            After awhile, I calmed down a bit. We sat on the swings and talked.

 

            “You’re still a crybaby?”

            “I never was. Ahh oppa, you’re at it again!”

            “Yah, you know I love teasing you so much!”

 

            I paused a bit.  

 

            “Komawo oppa! You’re always there for me. I really appreciate it and you look cool when you punched him. You should have punched him harder. I wonder why I stopped you. Aigooo…”

 

            He then stood up and sat in front of me. He put his hands on both sides of the swing. I was shocked, it’s like he wants to kiss me, then he suddenly said.

 

            “Cho Hee-ya, why don’t I just fulfill my promise to you?”

            “Hmm?”

            “Become my bride!”

            “Ehhh????”

 

            He was saying those words with a serious face, my heart jumped a beat. I don’t know what to say but then I remembered he’s an idol. He probably wants me to just cheer up that’s why he’s telling me those words.

 

            “You’re a crazy boy to ask your younger sister to marry you. Hahahaha!~” I told him with still a nervous voice.

 

            He then gave me a glare that is like telling me “Cho Hee, I’m serious”. But I just smiled because I know things that are impossible. He then smiled too. I know he can’t resist my smile. He then leaned forward and this time, he’s getting nearer. He looked at me and I just looked at him. Then he whispered, “Cho Hee no pabo!” and kissed me in the forehead.

 

            My heart beat so hard. It was not the first time that he kissed me, he did that a lot of time when we were kids. But I know it’s different now, we’re adults now and he kissed me. Is it for a sister or more? Ahh. My head aches. The feeling is different. Then he stood up and looked at my confused face.

 

            “Cho Hee looks like she loved it. Do you want me to give you more? And this time lower?”

            “Whh.. Whaattt????? You… ert!”

            “You were the first one thinking of things. Haha ~ Let’s go! You’re so dead. It’s only 15 minutes before your curfew time.”

            “Oh sh*t! I’m so dead.”

 

            That night ended with my mind still crippled with every word Seung Hyun oppa told me, I even forgot that I just broke up with my boyfriend. Oh well, let’s sleep.