chapter 4

my daughter's babysitter

i'm wake up and look at my watch. it's 9 pm. i went to the dining room and saw that seohyun is having her dinner.

seo : unnie! come here.. eat with me. i make some dinner but it's not good as yours.

yuri : ( sit in front seo ) it so delicious. are you sure you made this?

seo : i'm just order it actually.

yuri : i know it because you can't cook.

seo : unnie, care to tell me why you going home before the time?

yuri : actually something happen... ( i tell her what happen )

seo : he said that?

yuri : and i'm really dissapointed now. he shouldn't think like that. did i have to quit this job?

seo : no... maybe he just want to test you.. for me, your answer is good enough to make him know that you're not like that. unnie just ignore him.. just think about yoobin.

yuri : but.. ( suddenly my phone is ringing )

PHONE CONSERVATION

yuri : hello mrs.lee..

mrs.lee : yuri-ah... come to hospital please... ( she cried )

yuri : did something happen?...

mrs.lee : yoobin.... ( she cried )

yuri : yoobin?? what happen ?

mrs. lee : she falled from the stairs.. her head is injured right now. come to seoul hospital now..

yuri : okay i will...

i rushed to my bedroom and changed my cloth. i take a cab and heading to seoul hospital.as soon after arrived at the hospital, i went to yoobin's room and saw mrs.lee.

yuri : what happen?

mrs.lee : i'm cooking at the kitchen and suddenly i heard a loud sound at the stairs. i'm rushingly went to the stairs and saw yoobin already fainted with so many blood around her head. ( she cried )

yuri : auntie... ( i hug her ) go home and get some rest... i'm sure that you still shocked. i will take care of yoobin.. don't worry auntie.

mrs.lee : thanks yuri... i'll go home first. ( she leave )

i opened yoobin's ward room and saw donghae sit beside her.

yuri : anneonghasaeyo.. ( i bowed )

donghae : ( he looked at me with his teary eyes )

yuri : donghae-sshi... i'm sorry about what happen this morning. i didn't meant to yelled at you. it's my fault to force you eat when you don't want it.

donghae : ( he cried and covered his face with his palm )

yuri : ( i patted his back ) you have to be strong... i'm sure that yoobin is strong to survive for her life.

donghae : it's my fault.... ( he cried ) first, my wife and now yoobin...

actually i'm really suprised that he finally talk to me.. but i have to act cool. i pulled a chair and sit beside him. i patted his back.

yuri : you know what... i know what did you feel right now because i have experienced it..

donghae : ( he looked at me ) what do you mean?

yuri : my parents died in a car accident last year.. i locked myself in my room after that. i'm crying non-stop but when i think of my sister, i know that i have to take care of her for my parents. so i have to be strong.. i work to pay for her school's fee. i can't cry in front of her because i know if i cry, she will cry too. it hurt me to see her like that. donghae-sshi, you have to be strong.. yoobin is a present that your wife left for you to take care of. i'm sure that she will be sad if she know that you just abandoned yoobin. donghae-sshi, you have to survive in order to make yoobin's happy.. survive for your own daughter... ( i patted him )

donghae : thanks yuri-sshi... i'm sorry for what i'm said to you this morning..

yuri : never mind... it's my fault too.. now go back home and rest.. you can come and visit yoobin tomorrow.. let me take care of yoobin tonight.

donghae : thanks.. ( he leave )