chapter 1

my daughter's babysitter

yuri : seo, wake up now or you will be late !

seo : okay! i will..

yuri : i have prepared your uniform and breakfast. i have to go now. make sure you lock the door before you go okay?

seo : don't worry unnie.


i start my day as usual. i have to open and clean all the table at the cafe. there's so many customer today but one of the customer.. no, not a customer i think. it's a girl around 3 years old crying at the bench in front of the cafe. i'm sitting beside her and lifted up her chin. it suprised me when she hugged me and say

?? : mommy...

yuri : (i'm loosen her grip and make her look at me) i'm not your mom.

?? : mommy (she cries)

yuri : okay,okay... can you tell me what's your name?

?? : yoobin.

yuri : yoobin-ah.. listen, i will help you to find your mom okay? but you have to wait here first. i will get you an ice cream.

yoobin : (she nodded)

i entered the cafe and ask sooyoung to help me to do my work for awhile. luckily she understand me after i tell her what's actually happen. i bring an ice cream and drinking water for yoobin. i'm feed her ice cream until someone called her name.

?? : omo! yoobin-ah, what are you doing here? i'm searching for you.

yuri : anneonghaseyo,(i bowed). auntie, i found yoobin crying so i'm just try to help her.

?? : ouh thank you. i'm mrs.lee. what's your name?

yuri :i'm yuri.  i'm working at this cafe

mrs.lee : yoobin-ah.. let's say thank you to unnie and go back home okay?

yoobin : (she run to me) i wanna be with mommy..

yuri : (i looked at mrs.lee) i don't know, she keeps calling me like that. ( i squat in front of yoobin) yoobin-ah, listen to me... i'm not your mom. just go home and have some rest okay?

yoobin : mommy.. (she hugged me tightly)

mrs.lee : erm yuri-sshi, if you're not busy, can you have lunch with us? i have something to tell you.

yuri : okay..


~at the restaurant~

yuri : erm mrs.lee, can i know what is your relationship with yoobin?

mrs.lee : that is the thing that i want to tell you. i'm her grandma. yoobin lost her mother last 3 months. her mother died in a car accident on the way to her office and she live with her father now. when her mother still alive, her father always play with her but not now. her father seems lost his confidence to go on with his life and now, yoobin is like an abandoned child. that's why i have to take care of har now. her father doesn't care about her anymore. he even don't care what happen around him.

yuri : i'm sorry.

mrs.lee : you don't have to say sorry. truthfully i said, you have a slight resemblance with her mother maybe that's why she called you her mother. so tell me about you..

yuri : i'm kwon yuri. 19 years old. i have one sister, seohyun. she's still study. my parents also died in a car accident last year so i have to work to pay my sister's school fees.

mrs.lee : can i ask for your help?

yuri : help?

mrs.lee : yes. can you be a babysitter for yoobin and help to do some of the house chores in her house? i'm begging you. i will pay you double your salary now as long as you can help me.

yuri : but i have to take care of seohyun. i don't think i can do this job.

mrs.lee : please... besides, yoobin look comfortable around you. she even think you as her mother. i'm not asking you to forget about your sister.. you can going back home after yoobin sleep.

yuri : bu..

mrs.lee : no but... i will pick you up tomorrow morning okay? yoobin let's go!

yoobin : i want to be with mommy..

mrs.lee : tomorrow okay? i'm promise.

yoobin : goodbye mommy.. ( she waving her hand)


~night~

seo : so you agree?

yuri : i have no choice plus, she will pay me double. it will be easier for me to support your school fees.

seo : up to you.. i'm just worried that you will fall in love with her father..

yuri : seo!! ( i chased her)