Who's Dong Bang Shin Ki?

Polar Opposites

Chapter 1

Who’s Dong Bang Shin Ki?

“Okay soooo, it’s official. I’m going to marry Hyun Bin when I grow up.” Your friend grinned and flipped through the channels of your television.

You blinked slowly before raising an eyebrow in curiosity. Closing the magazine you had been reading, you sat up in bed and crossed your legs while staring at your friend. Her curly brown hair was brushed back into a ponytail. “What the heck are you talking about Rebecca?”

Pouting, Rebecca glared at you and snatched the magazine from off your bed. She began to flip through pages as if searching for something. You giggled and shook your head.

Rebecca was a junior at Yongwonhi High School and was a foreign exchange student from America. She had caramel colored skin and thick curly brown hair. Big brown eyes were focused intently on the pages of the magazine before an ‘Ahah!’ escaped her parted lips.

Suddenly you had a picture of a man right in front of you face and you blinked in surprise. “Eh? Who’s this?”

“Who’s this?! Are you serious ~~~~~??! I’ve just been in Korea for a few months and you’ve been here all your life and you can’t recognize Hyun Bin? Have you not watched Secret Garden??”

Your mouth slowly formed an ‘O’ and you shook your head slowly.

“Ah! What kind of girl are you?!?! Hyun Bin is like the iest man on earth!”

You shook your head and focused your attention on  the television since your magazine had been kidnapped by your irate best friend. “Eh…you know I’m not into that whole drama and kpop group thing.” You paused and glanced at her. “Makes me wonder how we’re friends.”

Rebecca gasped and jumped on you. “Yah! ~~~~! You know we’re friends because you loooove me~ And I’m the only person that befriended you at Yongwonhi High. And I’m awesome, cool, intelligent, informative, funny, caring, ama-”

“Okay, Okay, I get it, Get off me I can’t breathe.”

Smiling in happiness, Rebecca rolled off of you and snuggled into your bed. “We should get some sleep, school tomorrow~”

You rolled your eyes and sighed. “Don’t remind me…”

The next morning found you and Rebecca running to make it to school on time. Rebecca grabbed onto your sleeve and paused to catch her breath. “How…are…you…not…tired???” You glanced back at her before you rolled your eyes and started dragging her along. “If I’m late again I’ll get detention! Now C’mon before we’re late!!”

Groaning Rebecca nodded and continued to run.

Panting, the two of you glanced at each other and grinned before looking back at the closing front gate. “Made it.”

Walking down the hallway you blinked and tilted your head to the side as you saw a group of girls squealing near the gymnasium doors. “Wonder what that’s all about…” You murmured.
“Oh my god! Here they come!!!”

“Ah!! We love you Dong bang shin ki!!!”

“Changmin-ah! Please marry me!!”

“Omona why are they so hot!!!”

Curious, you walked over to the group of girls and stood on your tippy toes to see what all the fuss was about. Your eyes widened when they met sharp brown orbs and a chill went down your spine. Blinking you quickly ducked down and turned around. ‘Who the hell was that…?’

Walking over to your locker you smiled when you noticed Rebecca. “Rebecca! I have a question to ask you.”

Smiling, Rebecca turned away from her friend and nodded for you to go on.

“Who’s Dong Bang Shin Ki?”

Brown eyes widening Rebecca slapped a hand over your mouth and dragged you into a classroom. “~~~~! Be careful, if any of the queenka’s or their stalkers heard you, you’d be dead meat!”

“What? All I asked was who Do-”

“Shh!!! Omo…I can’t believe you don’t know!”

Slightly frustrated you lightly glared at your best friend and crossed your arms.

“Okay, okay. Sorry. Okay lemme explain them to you.” Picking up a piece of chalk, Rebecca walked over to the chalkboard and quickly drew a sketch of five guys.

“This is Dong Bang Shin Ki, I can’t believe you’ve been a freshman here for four months and you don’t know them…”

“Becca…”

“Right, sorry. Anyway first is Kim Jaejoong..

He’s the oldest and is a Senior at school. Only heir to Kim Corporations.  Extremely wealthy and total pretty boy.


Next is Jung Yunho, Also a Senior. Tough, but extremely handsome. My favorite! Some people say that he’s a gang leader and he beats up people for fun! Also wealthy and is usually seen on a new motorcycle every month.


Park Yoochun. Junior, the third wealthiest of DBSK. Total playboy. Has a new girlfriend every week! People say that he owns his own strip club! Has a nice smile but uses his deep voice to charm the ladies into sleeping with him.

Kim Junsu,

nickname the lil’ devil. He might look cute and innocent on the outside but he’s a real smart aleck and badass. Has his own b-boy crew and wastes his money on new cars and girlfriends. One of his charms is his cute ~…

“Rebecca!”

“Sorry geez. Okay, last but certainly not least in Shim Changmin.

Even though he’s a Junior some people believe he’s the leader of DBSK. Wealthiest of them all. Total player. If you could look up the definition of spoiled rich boy, you’d see Changmin’s picture. He always wears and buys the latest fashions. Money is not an issue for him. Anything he wants, he gets. He also has a bad temper so don’t mess with him. And that’s Dong Bang Shin Ki, our school’s kingka’s.” Taking a deep breath, Rebecca smiled and put down the piece of chalk.

You stared at her for several moments before glancing at the sketches on the board. “They all seem like a bunch of stuck up pretty boys who’d love nothing better than to make peoples lives miserable. I can’t stand guys like that! I swear if one of them ever comes near me I’m gonna sock him in his pretty boy face!” Scowling you walked out of the classroom. ‘Damn spoiled, rich pretty boys. I bet they don’t even know what struggle means. Ugh, I barely know them and I already hate them!’

“Achoo!” Changmin blinked and rubbed his nose.

“Hey? You okay?” Junsu questioned.

“Eh? Yeah. Just got a weird feeling that someone was talking about me…probably my fan girls. Ah, it feels so good to be popular and rich.”

Closing his eyes, Changmin leaned back in his chair and folded his hands behind his head. “Yup…this is the life.”