Results Are Everything - Chapter 9

It's Pretty Simple, Sir!

It has been four months since the last encounter with the three troubled boys. Many opportunities and minor memories were made and missed, but in order to continue following their lives, this is needed.

Christmas had passed with flying colours for Kyuhyun and Siwon. Kyuhyun’s parents had welcomed the couple into their home; with Kyuhyun’s mother being a little too impressed by Siwon’s appearance. Siwon; having told the younger’s family about his parents lack of acceptance was allowed to stay at the Cho family house for the rest of the holiday period.

Days flew, school started, Siwon was able to take Kyuhyun on his birthday and Valentine’s Day dates; after much protest as to who was going to be giving the chocolates on Valentine’s Day and White day of course.

Meanwhile, during the four months that this story was quiet, Changmin was able to move into the Jung’s family apartment. During the earlier days, Changmin had been kicked out of his house due to his “bad influence” on his siblings. The Jung’s had taken him in; as they saw him as a second son, and made Changmin at home in the spare bedroom next to the elder’s room; giving them the closeness the best friends wanted. However, during those four months, Changmin never spoke a word of the confession, leaving his love for Yunho still inside his heart.

Finally, that leads us to Donghae, but sadly, there is no improvement. The opportunities that were missed were mainly his. Throughout Christmas, New Year and Valentine’s Day Donghae has made plans in his mind, but never got around to putting them into action. He was scared as to what Mr Lee was say if he was asked out by the youngster. By the time school had rolled around again, Donghae was so scared of the question that school became a force and a disaster. Being a senior meant this was his last opportunity, but he really didn’t know what to do with the limited time.

And this brings us to our current dilemma, getting the plan of a ‘date’ into action. Ready, set, go!


It was Monday morning and school was starting earlier than usual. The yearly exams results had been posted the night before and students were eager to see where they were placed in their grade. Donghae however, was only ever more miserable. He had done well; coming 14th in his grace of a hundred but this was not the greatest. His parents expected him in the top ten, and the brutal and time consuming studying that he had done did nothing to get him to the top.

Walking away from the notice board, he saw a familiar pair of shoes walk towards him. Knowing that a certain maknae’s boyfriend was close behind, the brunette kept a brisk pace, however the maknae caught up to him quickly; grabbing his arm in the process and spinning him around. Donghae growled at the younger “What do you want Kyuhyun-ah?”

Kyuhyun stared at his best friend with wide eyes. He hadn’t expected the elder to be in such a foul mood. “What’s the matter hyung? You seem troubled”. Donghae pointed at the noticeboard accusingly and raged. “Did you see where I am placed Kyuhyun-ah? I came 14th, 14th! Do you know what my parents are going to say when I get home? I can already see their judging eyes. I’m a failure Kyu, a complete and utter failure!”

Kyuhyun looked at his best friend and twiddled his thumbs. “Hyung, do you actually believe what your parents told you? Come on, you beat me and I am supposed to be the genius out of the three of us!”

“Kyuhyun seriously” growled the elder “I understand what you’re saying, but remember your family love you no matter what. They accepted your boyfriend for crying out loud! My parents took three months just to look at me when I came out to them”. Kyuhyun looked down at his feet. He had forgotten that Donghae’s parents were not as accepting as his was. He knew that they were a little more understanding and accepting than Changmin’s parents but were still nothing compared to his own.

Suddenly an arm snuck around Kyuhyun’s waist and a sweet kiss was placed on his cheek. He looked up to see Siwon grinning at him, but when his boyfriend saw the downcast look on both Kyuhyun’s and Donghae’s faces, his smile fell. The silence was broken when the bell rang above their heads, signalling them to go to class. Donghae threw a lopsided smile at Kyuhyun before setting off to his locker to grab the necessary books and materials for the day.  It was going to be a long day indeed.

When Donghae reached his first class, he could see Changmin and Yunho laughing and carrying on at the back. A small smile graced his face at the sight of the two friends. He was glad that Changmin had confessed on of his secrets to Yunho and that the two of them had gotten closer. Sitting down in the middle row, he pulled out his textbooks and notebook and started to work on revision questions he had yet to finish for he knew any moment the teacher would walk in and start the lesson. When the teacher did arrive at last, the lesson began, and slowly the day began to pass by.

Whilst Donghae was going through his classes, a cetain Wonkyu couple was being a little adventurous in their own classroom. They had been moved form Donghae's and Changmin's class as they had disrupted the class one to many times. However this time, they knew the teacher was going to be furious. It was third period and Kyuhyun was getting slightly agitated. "Wonnie, I'm bored....Wanna play a game?"

Siwon shook his head knowing that whenever the gamer played games in class, it never ended well. Suddenly a hand grasped his leg and he flinched; knowing full well what his boyfriend was up too. The trick was old, but hilarious either way. Suddenly he gasped as the hand pinched his thigh and travelled up. Sounds resonated through the classroom, disturing the teacher. "Mr Cho and Mr Choi.... WHAT ARE YOU DOING UNDER THAT TABLE! TO THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE NOW!"

Kyuhyun cracked up laughing as he and Siwon were sent out of the classroom. By the time they had reached the principal's office, Kyuhyun was about to fall down. "Did she honestly think that..." Siwon shook his head chuckling. "Ahh Kyu-ah, you always manage to amaze me, how can you make sharpening your pencil so ual?!"

"Well" the younger started "you could say the tip should always be ready"


The day went by, and before Donghae registered what was his last class, the bell for end of the second last class went. Standing up, he stretched out his arms; feeling joints crack and pop. Content with the feeling, he sat back down and began to relax. His last class was with Mr Lee and he knew if he wanted to stay attentive he had to relax his figure. A few minutes passed and Mr Lee walked into the classroom, holding a pile of reviewed examination papers and results.

“Alright class” he began. “I trust that you all did well in this examination as I did not mark them but another higher up teacher did. However from what I was told, you all did exceptionally well, especially a few of you who got a 90+ result”. Donghae’s breath hitched at the sound of that. He was hoping he was in that range so that he could finally have something to be proud about in front of his ever-demanding parents. “Lee Donghae, 98% correct” Donghae snapped out of his thoughts when he heard his name and mark. His insides flipped at the sound of his result and his heart swelled with pride at the thought of finally doing something right. Getting up out of his chair, he marched towards the front and grabbed his exam and had to hold in a rather un-manly squeal. Without a second glance at Mr Lee he walked back to his desk and sat down with a huge grin on his face. Well, one good thing down, now to get to the next. He was going to ask the man of his dreams on a date.

Donghae waited as the minutes ticked by slowly, and when the bell rang he waited until everyone was leaving before he started to pack up. Confidently he walked up to th teachers desk where Mr Lee was hunched over working on some examinations from another grade. The brunette cleared his throat and watched as the blonde haired teachers’ head shot up.

“So sir” started off Donghae flirtingly “what are your thoughts on a student asking a teacher to a date?” Mr Lee smirked, knowing where this was going “depends on the student, why do you ask?”

Donghae smiled “Well sir, I was going to ask what you are doing this weekend, but I already know the answer. Clear all your work, you’re coming with me”


Holy is been what... 4-5 months since I updated this! I'm really am a slack writer! Anyway we finally got to the asking out yayayaayayaya!!! Sorry I have been away for so long, my mental health hasn't been to great so to speak, and I needed to get that slightly patched up before I started writing again. Now that that is slightly better, you might see more updates. I understand if you unsubscribe or downvote, its a pretty crappy story anyway.

I hope you enjoyed this! Also I am looking for a poster or banner for this story! If anyone can help, PM me or message me on Twitter (@HoldOnAngel)

Bye

Sam xo