Minute 6: "Manager-hyung's MARRIED!"

Intervention

tumblr_m7n3d9Ajdi1rr2gkto1_500.jpg

so clueless. just let me hug you, jonghyun ;A;

 

 

Aron massaged the bridge of his nose, squeezing his eyes shut in sage-like concentration. What had Minhyun wanted him to say again? Something about a meeting? Inter…Interventive, or something.

He peeked through his fingers at the leader of the group, who was chewing slowly through his food and facing completely in the maknae’s direction. Aron supposed it was normal that people are attracted to Ren, but absolutely NOT when the fragile boy is not wearing any make-up and looked like a living zombie complaining about the food Baekho had cooked.

“Aron’s got a headache!” Baekho shouted loudly, rushing over from the couch (he insisted on having breakfast on Minhyun’s make-do bed despite the latter’s utmost disapproval) and knocking Ren’s spoon out of his hand.

The expression the maknae wore was of extreme sinister gloom and vengeance that Aron’s heart actually pulpitated in absolute fear.

“What the freakin f***, Baekho! What in hell do you think you’re doing?!”

Ren’s shriek made Aron’s ear twitch. Yes, they twitched like a pair of freakin bunny’s ears.

“It wasn’t on purpose, maknae!” Baekho replied coldly, which sounded odd, because well, it was Baekho—sunshine and fluffs and rainbows, he’s not supposed to sound cold.

Aron’s supposed ‘headache’ was promptly forgotten, and so was his secret mission.

Jonghyun looked as though he was slapped in the face. He was staring at Ren with wide eyes, probably bewildered by the abundance of profanities coming from their dearest, childlike maknae.

“Son of a—“

Before Ren got to finish his (assumed) profanity-filled sentence, the door to their dorm (thankfully) swung open.

“What’s…” Minhyun’s usual ‘what’s up’ floated in the air like a dust particle, turning into a “What’s going on?” when he saw Ren’s fist pulled back in a threatening pose and Baekho staring at the ground intensely, along with JR’s ghost-like expression and a guilty-looking Aron.

What is going on?” Minhyun repeated, striding into the kitchen, putting the groceries onto the table and standing in between Baekho and Ren, just in case it turns into a full-blown wrestling match. This wasn’t their trainee days. They cannot NOT get along and punch each other as they pleased.

“Cut this out.” Min ordered. “Now!” he shouted furiously. Ren sat with a huff and Baekho retreated to Min’s couch.

“It happened so suddenly—and I forgot about the, uh--“ Aron began, but was immediately cut off.

“Save it, hyung. I’ll talk to JR myself.”

A lost puppy would’ve resembled Kim Jonghyun greatly at that very moment.

 


 

 

“Intervention? What for?”

Minhyun opened his mouth to speak, and closed it again, sighing.

“What? Tell me. I’m your charismatic leader.” JR threatened playfully. His smile turned into a frown when he saw the uncomfortable, guilty expression on the taller male.

“I…” Minhyun paused in thought and continued, this time completely avoiding the other boy’s questioning gaze. “Are you—“ another sigh. “JR…do you have a crush on Ren?”

The colour of fully-ripened strawberries couldn’t even hold a candle to the colour that spread onto the leader’s handsome features. He began stuttering, reminding Minhyun of the time they were training and Jonghyun would mess up his lines every time he tried doing a mock-interview. It kind of went like this:

“What—how…” long pause. “I’m…” another long pause. “You…n-no way!”

It was enough to convince a child that he was shamefully lying.

“Please, Jonghyun.”

JR flinched at his real name.

“I need the truth.”

JR seemed close to tears now, gulping profusely.

“Y-Yes.” He said quietly and almost immediately became defensive. “But you know how he is, right Minhyun?? He’s like a girl and you know we don’t get to see girls on a daily basis and I think no one can help it when he does that bbuing-bbuing stuff! It’s not only me, you know. Even manager-hyung—“

Min thought this was going too far as far as JR’s explanation went.

“Manager-hyung’s MARRIED, Jonghyun!” he interrupted in aghast. “And I understand, so don’t worry about it. I don’t judge.”

Maybe it was just his imagination, but Min could’ve sworn he heard JR say ‘You don’t judge, my ’ but his professional self promptly ignored it.

What was happening to everyone? Was this a plague? A Ren infection??

“This…” Minhyun his invisible beard slowly. “This is serious.”

JR merely rolled his eyes. “So this thing…when are you gonna do it?”

Minhyun inhaled and exhaled slowly. “As soon as the maknae’s convinced.”

“Who’s gonna do that?” JR scoffed. Minhyun laughed this time, although it was stiff and cold and it died down quickly.

YOU are, Leader-ssi.”

 


 

A/N: i force myself to write at least one word of author's notes so you guys don't feel abandoned. ;A; i'm such agood author-nim.

cry at my feet, loyal minions!