Minute 8: "It's boring."

Intervention

 

 

tumblr_m9opzgGNwk1rskb5no4_r2_500_large.

now tell me that's not love ;A; (please don't ask if i ship baekren or jren because they're both perfect)

Once JR saw Baekho stomped away towards the toilet with an over-sized pink towel, (It was a gift from manager-hyung when they had decided their official band colour) the esteemed leader quickly snuck upstairs, leaving Aron in the kitchen to attend to breakfast (Minhyun was still in his bed-couch).

Covertly, Kim Jonghyun was incredibly pleased that Minhyun thought he was the one who could persuade the maknae into doing something so un-Ren.

“Hey, maknae.” He started the conversation with his usual bright smile and began creeping up beside the platinum blonde. He was careful not to cross any personal boundaries, memories of an enraged Ren causing warning signs to flash in his mind. Ren was sitting rigidly in the middle of his futon, curled up like a ball of yarn. A thin layer of blanket wrapped around his small body-frame, as if it had been too cold without waking up to a warm Baekho. (JR hoped that wasn’t the case)

He had been staring into space when JR interrupted, and his poker-face was kept in check as he looked blankly into JR’s smiling face.

“Ummm, Ren-ah…” JR began slowly and promptly stopped short as he realized, in total horror, that he had abso-in-lutely no idea how to even bring up the topic.

“What, hyung? I’m really not in the mood right now...” Ren pouted, indicating his words wasn’t meant to be harsh, but pity-inducing instead. JR gulped as he struggled to sustain himself from pinching the younger male’s fluffy, milky white cheeks.

“Err…” JR paused for a while, the heat slowly making its way to his neck when Ren blinked and continued staring at his face. “Min said we should have an intravern!” he blubbered out quickly.

Ren’s face scrunched up in confusion. “A what?” he asked suspiciously.

“In-Intravern.” JR repeated dumbly.

“Whats that?”

“S-Some kind of…meeting?”

Ren frowned slightly. He knew JR was talking about an intervention, but he was too tired to correct the teen and asked instead, “Why?”

JR began stuttering again. God, he was so damn stupid!

“Be-Because Minhyun…he-“

“Minhyun initiated it?” Ren asked in mild surprise. “I shouldn’t have asked him for advice…” He mumbled carelessly to himself, to which JR did not hear it only because he was having a panic attack all by himself.

“What is the meeting about?” Ren asked nicely, because JR was his favourite hyung in the world and he wouldn’t want to hurt his hyung’s feelings, did he?

JR ‘aah-ed’ and ‘umm-ed’ for a while before Ren got his answer, and it was lucky JR was ‘Ren’s favourite hyung in the world’ because if not, he’d be sporting a bruise on his face by now. Ren can be patient, but the limit of it was like a 100-metre race—over in a few seconds.

“I think Min said it’s about the band.”

Ren tried not to scoff-or rather, blow up in JR’s face at this obvious answer and ultimately succeeded. Barely.

“And?” he prompted. Patiently.

“About our feelings, I guess? Minhyun--”

“I see!” Ren interrupted brashly, raising his voice a little in the process. It was of no special reason why he did that. It was only because Minhyun’s name coming out of JR’s mouth had become too frequent for Ren’s liking. And what was this? An intervention about their feelings? Only Minhyun could come up with something so obscenely boring not to mention highly embarrassing. And what did Minhyun do to JR, anyway, making the poor leader practically beg on his knees for Ren’s participation?

It was one thing for Ren to agree to anything JR says, but it was another matter when it involves Baekho, candy and interventions.

“I’m not doing it.” Ren announced nonchalantly, stretching out his legs in front of him. “It’s boring.”

JR looked mortified. “But-But why? It involves you too…”

“What about me?”

“You’re in a fight with Baekho. We should fix it before manager-hyung knows. Minhyun—“

“I’m not fighting with Baekho.” Ren denied curtly, again disrupting JR’s sentence when he heard Minhyun’s name.

“Yes, you are. You won’t sit beside him anymore, you won’t touch him and he won’t touch you, and—and it’s all confusing sometimes…”JR confessed sullenly. “There’s—There’s also another issue.”

Suddenly, JR’s guts had decided to surface. He was going to do it. He was going to. Yes. Right. Freaking. Now.

What issue?” Ren asked suspiciously, narrowing his eyes at the suddenly fidgety Kim Jonghyun.

“The truth is…I’m…I have been…I…”

JR was unfortunate. He had exceeded Ren’s temper limit without even knowing Ren has one.

“Just spit it out!” Ren yelled out loud in frustration. The words seemed to have a sudden impact on JR and before he knew it, he was blurting out stuff he didn’t even know existed in his vocabulary.

“I have been harboring feelings for you, alright? I don’t know exactly—what kind of feelings, but they’re definitely there. Whenever I see Baekho with you, I just want to rip that cheesy smile off his face and…and I keep wanting to impress you and you’ll always be ‘Hyung, this’ and ‘Hyung, that’ and every freakin time you say my name, I just…It’s all your fault, Choi Minki!”

JR’s little speech ended abruptly, with him gasping for much needed air and Ren gaping openly. No words could have described what was going through JR’s head, because now his brain had conveniently turned to mush.

Unfortunately, the same could not be said for Ren. Everything was going through his head.

“Hyung, are you confessing?” he said in his diva-like way, which surprisingly, pissed JR off. And although it was irrelevant and pointless at that point of time, JR could not hold back his pissed off attitude.

“Yah, maknae!” he shouted, pointing a redundant finger at the platinum blonde. “You don’t have the friggin right to ask me that question when you obviously get what I meant! I’m—I’m the leader and maknaes respect their leader and—“

“Umm, Jonghyun?” There was a tap on his shoulder and thankfully, it stopped JR from spouting any more nonsensical statements. Because honestly, quote Ren, ‘maknaes meant disobedience, rebelliance and evil and ultimately, they never respect their leader’.

It was Minhyun. He let out a huge sigh. It was superfluous, Ren thought.

“Thanks, JR. I’ll take it from here.” JR scoffed, gave a hesitant roll of his eyes and stalked down the stairs, muttering insignificances.

You put that guy up to this?” Ren asked coldly, eyeing Minhyun and his baggy eye bags and his messy bed hair and his ‘old-woman’ face and—

“Yeah, I should’ve known better. He confessed to you didn’t he? I heard.” Minhyun actually chuckled at this, earning a (painful) punch in the shoulder.

“He said he hates seeing Baekho with me.” Ren shrugged, but his act shattered when Minhyun saw the obvious heat crawling up his neck.

“You’re happy, huh? To get so much attention from your hyungs.”

“Yah, SHUT UP!” Ren yelled. It was uncalled for, Minhyun thought as he ‘tch’ed and decided not to aggravate the youngest member anymore. There was a faint ‘Is everything okay?’ from Aron in the kitchen and Min replied with a definite ‘no’.

“So you’re up for it, right? The intervention?” Minhyun paused for a millisecond and continued, as if knowing Ren was actually going to say ‘no’. “You do know this is vital, right? If we don’t solve matters now, I’d bet manager-hyung would assign some psycho-assed therapist to teach us about good morals and whatnot... On our rest days.”

Ren’s eyes flew open at this, and he stared at Minhyun in horror. “I need sleep.” He mumbled, pulling at the area under his eyes which, he admits, were in worse condition than Minhyun’s.

Minhyun smirked. “We all need sleep. And the only way to maintain the hours of sleep we have now…is to have a small, simple, intervention.”

Ren pouted at this, and Minhyun noted gravely in his mind; that he was not going to fall for the maknae’s aegyo techniques anymore.

Ren, thankfully, seemed to understand Minhyun’s expression quickly and figured out that it meant Minhyun was being absolutely serious.

“…Okay.”

Minhyun raised his eyebrows in surprise. He did not know it was this easy to persuade Choi Minki.  He had thought it would involve at least a bundle of snacks or a bag full of branded clothes. So he asked skeptically, “Okay, what?”

The pretty teen only rolled his eyes. “Okay, I agree with it. Must you be so doubtful of me?”

Minhyun grinned widely at his success and Ren’s perfect imposing of someone openly offended.

“Yeah, sorry. I thought you’d be harder to get.” Minhyun said with a belly laugh at his own sick, little joke that Ren didn’t register at an instant.

“Yah, Hwang Minhyun! Are you saying I’m cheap?!”

Minhyun only laughed harder.

 


 

A/N: Ren is a girly diva. That's a fact.