Minute 7: Intravern

Intervention

 

wpid-baekren1.jpg?w=510

way to make your crush less apparent, Kang Dongho...

JR was smart.

However, he knew for a fact that Minhyun was smarter.

Not only was Min exceptionally good in Maths, he was also a good decision maker and a genius at solving problems. (JR thinks maybe it’s all the maths, but whatever) Their height difference also proved to be unnerving.

Altogether, it made Minhyun a pretty good leader and JR, knowing that he was chosen as the group’s head simply because he was the second oldest and was handsome (the others made the second part quite negligible, to JR’s discontent) and Aron is a retarded Korean only gave JR an inferiority complex when it was thoroughly obvious during their trainee days that Minhyun was far more suitable for the role.

So hypothetically, if JR was right ten times, Minhyun would be right twenty times more.

Min is just that capable.

Well, not that capable. He knows squat about cooking. (But for the record, Baekho’s the only true cooker in the group.)

Therefore, when JR was confronted all of a sudden just because he was only spoiling the maknae in a very innocent way and clearly had no other motives (except for a few that would be hard to explain), he wasn’t very surprised that Minhyun was planning something behind their backs.

And the guy expected, he, Kim Jonghyun to participate in the campaign as well. How sick.

As if the leader would do something so un-leader-ish.

Right?

“I’m not doing it. I’m not persuading Ren to an intravern.”

“Intervention, JR.” Minhyun shook his head gravely. “And have you seen what’s been happening around here? The maknae’s head is probably full of fool-proof plans on how to murder Kang-freakinsunshinebunnies-Dongho.”

If it hadn’t been given the circumstances, JR would’ve laughed but he knew Minhyun was being serious.

“That guy hadn’t cracked a genuine ‘smiley’ smile ever since Ren’s outburst in the kitchen that day. And the looks that Ren gives you sometimes, I just—“ Minhyun shudders and massaged his temples, closing his eyes in an attempt to calm down a bit.

“”What looks?” asked JR curiously, and for some reason, he was positively eager to know. “Ren gives me… looks?”

Minhyun cringed.

“I don’t wanna talk about it, JR.” Minhyun said apathetically. “Not right now, anyways. But when we do have the intervention—we’ll have to talk about everything. I’ll give you fair warning. If you don’t make the maknae agree to this in one hour, I’ll be dragging the manager into all of this.”

JR wanted to tell Minhyun that he had absolutely no rights to be threatening the leader of NU’EST, but it suddenly dawned on him how Minhyun wasn’t even involved in any problems they have created between them and how he was trying his best to restore balance in the group. The thought that Minhyun cared much more than he lets on crossed JR’s mind, and he began to feel that maybe…maybe Minhyun was right.

They do need an intravern.

 


 

A/N: 'intravern' is not a real word. (i think) that's just me trying to be funny OTL