Minute 3: Entertaining

Intervention

 

baekren.jpg

Minhyun almost choked on his own spit. Where the hell is this coming from?! Who the hell is destroying the maknae’s innocence??

“Hyung? You promised to answer honestly.” The maknae’s voice was soft, and he ducked his head to hide his face from Minhyun.

“D-Did he confess…? To-to you?” Minhyun was all stuttering and tumbling through his words, trying to clear off all the possibilities running through his head like a freaking movie. It’s definitely Baekho. This brat is always clinging and smothering Ren. But…what if they get together? Wouldn’t that be awkward? What about manager-hyung- no,no they should keep it a secret. And  JR? He’s gonna be crushed…

“He?” Ren asked, sounding agitated.

“Him.” Minhyun repeated, shoving the boy between them less than gently. “Kang Dongho. Did he confess to you? When he’s drunk? Ren-ah, you can’t trust this-“ Minhyun’s beginning of a very long lecture about how untrustworthy guys like Kang Dongho are, was abruptly cut chort.

“Aaah, stop it hyung!!” Ren yelled exasperatedly, completely letting go of Baekho and palming both of his ears in an ovbious attempt to block out Minhyun’s words.

Minhyun was shocked by the sudden reaction (and also by Baekho’s sudden increase in weight- which proved Ren’s surprising but amazing strength) and frowned in confusion.

“It is NOT Baekho! No, no, no, no, NO!” Ren continued yelling, his face scrunched up and his eyes shut tightly. He swung his body this way and that and stomp his feet, shaking his head in a frenzied manner.

This was the first time Minhyun ever saw Ren throwing such a fit. And it. Is. Entertaining.

“Ren, Ren stop it!” Minhyun shouted, feeling a little guilty that he did that right into Baekho’s ear, the latter wincing and whimpering in objection but made no effort to stand on his own.

The maknae finally stopped, panting heavily and sporting two bright red spots on his cheeks.

“I get it, it’s not Baekho.” Minhyun said as convincingly as he could. As fun as it was to watch Ren throwing a tantrum, Minhyun hated the noise too much for him to want it happening again.

“It’s not.” Ren repeated, his voice noticeably cracking from the throat abuse he had just demonstrated. He walked numbly towards Baekho again, sighing and grabbing the toothbrush hanging from the sandy blonde’s mouth to move it forwards and backwards again.

Minhyun realized Baekho’s teeth would be like they were practically bleached by the time Ren’s done brushing. When Ren continued to sulk in silence, Minhyun decided it was time for him to talk. Carefully, this time.

“Err…back to your question…I think…it’s not particularly bad, but—“

“It’d be trouble.” Ren finished for his hyung, sullenly pouting and staring into the sink.

“Yeah…” Minhyun agreed, nodding just because he needed that extra assurance of his own words. “But, I mean, if you really love- God, how did he even get into this?? “-this person, and- and it’s not just… a phase, I think it’d be alright. As long as you guys have each other, it…should be.”

“What if- what if that other guy is straight?”

Minhyun raise his eyebrows. He wasn’t under the impression that Ren was confessed to anymore. He wants to confess, Minhyun concluded, praising the sheer genius of his own self.

“Then, you should let him know.”

“What if he’s your friend?” Ren pestered, anxiety showing in the way his voice trembled.

“You must pick between friendship and love, I guess. Life’s a risk.”

Ren nodded, biting his lips fervently. And just like that, they finished abusing brushing Baekho’s teeth.


 

“Wha-?” Baekho felt light-headed and very sick. It was worse than when he was literally hit by a truck. His attempt to sit up was thwarted when Ren pushed him down again, softly enough for Baekho to allow himself thinking Ren was being gentle, for once. He didn’t know the exact reason, but the image of Choi Minki coming into focus as soon as he woke up was probably one of the most enticing things he ever experienced. When Ren started speaking though, his voice was more intimidating than gentle.

“Yah, stay still. You’re sober, aren’t you?” Baekho wasn’t hearing yet. His system is just that slow. He just continued scanning through Ren’s pretty features; his eyes, skin, nose, lips. And he could barely catch a glimpse of his collar bone exposed from the baggy cotton shirt he was wearing. Wouldn’t it be great to wake up to this face every single morning…? Was what Baekho had thought.

And then he realized he literally sleeps with the maknae every night since one year ago. Why hadn’t that made an impression until now?

“Baekho-ah.” Ren repeated, shaking him a little by the shoulder. “ARE YOU SOBER YET??” he suddenly yelled in his childish sort of voice.

“S-Sober?” Baekho replied in delayed response. “Was I drunk? How—“

“You remember yesterday? The ice-cream you ate was poisoned.” Ren said curtly.

“Poi-poisoned?” Baekho repeated, eyes widening in horror. Was he dying already??

Ren shook his head in a frazzled manner.

“Ah, sorry. I meant…it was…” the blonde pulled his brows together, thinking of the right word—and ultimately pulling Baekho into fantasyland again. “Alcoholic? Yeah, that’s it. Your ice-cream was alcoholic.” He nodded adamantly, staring into Baekho’s face and waiting for a reaction.

All Baekho said was, “Huh.”

“So…you sure you’re gonna be okay?” Ren asked after a few moments.

“Yeah, look.” Baekho whisked up and stretched contentedly. “All better.” He smiled at the maknae.

“Good.” Ren muttered, getting up to leave the room and probably get a shower. The prospect of Ren leaving his room seemed absolutely disagreeable to Baekho at that very moment- so he made extra effort to reach towards the boy’s arm and grab it tight; odd, almost overwhelming feelings rushing through his body due to the sudden contact.

“What?” Ren spun around, frowning at the slightly older (and slightly taller) male to find the latter examining the floor intently. He subsequently slipped his hands out of Baekho’s grip, careful to do it as subtly as he could. “What in hell is it, Baekho-ah?!” Ren repeated his question aggravatedly. Baekho winced, but otherwise didn’t respond.This did nothing but infuriate Ren to no end.

“I don’t know what’s your problem, Baekho. But if you’re gonna say something, just-“

“I’M IN LOVE WITH YOU, ALRIGHT?!”

 


 

*well, that escalated quickly ==

A/N: you must've noticed by now that all the chapter titles are excerpts or random words from the story. i'm such a lazy i don't even... OTL the pictures are random too.