Minute 1: "Boo!"

Intervention

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBuESNOpdCkTGbxE9yAFa

these two scaredy cats =='

“I don’t know why PD hyung is making us do this.” Baekho muttered sullenly. He could feel Ren nodding in agreement, strands of blonde hair tickling Baekho’s neck.

They were walking carefully on a forest trail, with Ren clutching at the older male’s muscular arm. Baekho made Ren feel secure, although no amount of security could make Ren less frightened in their current situation.

“Baekho-ah…”whispered Ren, his eyes sweeping left and right as if something would fly at them at any second. “What if  something… comes out?”

Baekho flinched at the maknae’s words. Didn’t he know about not saying certain stuff when you’re at certain places? Now Baekho was sure something would come out and attack them, but that didn’t stop him from comforting his band member.

“D-Don’t worry, Minki.” He stuttered. “Everything’s gonna be-aaaAAAAAAHHHH!!!”

When what the VJs heard was only the loud snap of a broken twig, what Baekho heard was something different entirely. When Ren saw the sandy blonde fleeing, he sped up too, running as fast as his legs could carry. “Baekho-ah!!!”

“We’re gonna die, we’re gonna die, WE ARE GOING TO DIE!!!” yelled Baekho.

“Aish, come back kids!” shouted one of the VJs, trying his best to catch up with them. “It was just a twig, damn it!”

Baekho stopped abruptly, causing Ren to crash into him. Their jaws clashed and when they broke apart, Ren noticed the older male rubbing his chin and wincing.

“Oh, crap.” He muttered. “Are you hurt? I’m sorry, Baekho-ah..!”

“Nah,this is nothing.” He smiled, walking forward and shinng his torch towards a suspicious lump of plastic abandoned at the base of a tree trunk.

“Found it!” Baekho suddenly shouted, grabbing what looked like and was, in fact marinated meat. Ren looked like he couldn’t care less and just kept clinging to the older male. “Let’s get out of here, Baekho.”

“Yeah.” Baekho agreed quickly. They walked in silence again, through the godforsaken dark woods. All the VJs could pray for was that nobody EVER steps on a twig again. Halfway through, Baekho had a sudden urge to execute an evil plan in his evil little mind. He shot a cheeky grin towards the confused VJ’s, took a large breath of air and-

“Boo!”

“AAAAHH!!!”

Baekho laughed at his success in scaring the maknae. He absolutely loves it when Ren gets all agitated and scared like that. Sadistic? Wellll, only Minhyun really notices sometimes.

“Yah, Kang Dongho!” Ren whispered harshly, swatting the arm he was holding on to. “Don’t you dare do that again!”

“And here was the guy who said he wasn’t scared of anything…” Baekho chuckled, and then frowned. “Don’t call me that. It’s Baekho, BAEKho. Not Dongho. That’s U-kiss’ maknae. I’m the white tiger.” He said smugly, smiling at the thought of the noona who gave the nickname to him. Ren snorted in pure annoyance. If anything, the fake name only boosts Kang Dongho’s massive ego, aside from avoiding misunderstandings from the fans.

“Whatever.” Ren muttered. “I’ll call you what I want, Dongho.”

Baekho fumed in anger. “Don’t!” he yelled, yanking his arm away. “Or-or I’ll call you Minki!” he threatened pointlessly. Ren, or Choi Minki, laughed, amused by his dearest friend’s absolute stupidity.

“You do know you still call me that, don’t you? Even when manager-hyung said not to in front of the cameras.” Ren blinked after he said those words and turned around, as if he only just realized the camera was rolling. “Er, let’s go Baekho.”

“”Wait, I’m not fini-“Baekho’s whine was promptly cut short when Ren linked their arms together again.

“Shut up, Baekho. Walk.” Ren ordered.

Baekho was dragged forward, and both of them trudged through the woods again. Manager-hyung wouldn’t be too happy to know that they were arguing instead of looking good in front of the cameras. They’ll be yelled at. Again.

“Umm, VJ-hyung. You guys are gonna edit out that scene right?” Ren asked quietly. The VJ just shrugged and Ren sighed.

“Oi, we’re back!” Baekho shouted blissfully. “And here’s the meat~” Baekho all but skipped towards the circle of VJs and the rest of NU’EST’s members, namely Aron, Minhyun and JR; crowded around a steamy meat griller.

“Rennie-ah, come here and taste the meat.” JR immediately called out, looking expectantly at the maknae still practically stuck like glue to his mission partner. Ren obeyed instantly to JR’s nasally and annoying (as Baekho liked to put it in his mind) voice. Baekho half-snorted and sat beside Aron, secretly unamused.

After the shooting was done, (and they went back to their dorm after what seemed like an entire day of ‘unfairness’, as Baekho complains) they were visibly tired and basically deflated.

Irritatingly, that didn’t stop Baekho from making a fuss about his ‘sleeping space’ that Ren seemed to take too much of, and Ren arguing with the fact that the elder was in fact the one that intrudes on his ‘territory’.

Ten-excruciatingly loud-minutes later, they finally settled down when Baekho got his way and Ren was forced to sleep on JR’s side of the attic space, despite the latter’s dissatisfaction.

“Don’t drool.” JR warned grumpily, pulling the covers over his head like always and turning his back againts Ren. Ren sighed softly. Why was Baekho so mad anyways? As far as ‘sleeping spaces’ were concerned, Ren never knew Baekho even cared. He was always the one who would drape an entire length of his heavy arm across Ren’s head, technically attempting to murder the maknae in his sleep. And Baekho would always somehow manage to wrap himself around Ren, a habit that not only makes Ren uncomfortable, but also highly annoyed. So why is he bringing this up now, Ren has no idea. Maybe he’s just grumpy lately. Maybe it’s just the mood. Maybe it’s the hormones.

Maybe it's just Baekho being Baekho.

 


A/N: canon because i was (still is) obsessed with these boys *stone face