The Suju/DBSK concert part 2

From Ms. Ngo to Ms. Kim

I didn't understand what was happening. One minute Changmin was glaring at Kyuhyun with so much hatred in his eyes, and then the next moment, they're best friends again, because Changmin exclaims "Good job with the performance, Kyuhyun-ah!" and he gives him a hug. 

Did he do a 180 because he saw me looking at them? I decided to ignore them and went to go talk to Junsu. After Junsu, Jaejoong, and Yoochun perform Get Out, I would go back to the stage with Junho, and they would introduce me as their sister and have a quick chat in order for Super Junior to prepare to perform Mr. Simple.

While I was talking with Junho, I finally saw Kyuhyun by himself so I quickly went over to him.

"Hey! What was up with that kiss?" I glared at him.

"At least the plan worked. I think you saw how mad Changmin was, right? You'll be super surprised before the end of the concert." He remarked.

"What? Why?" I didn't understand what he was talking about at all. 

"You'll see later on. Good luck." He shook his head and smiled before going to Sungmin and Siwon.

As I sat down and waited for Junsu to give the cue, I noticed Changmin. He was smiling and talking to one of the coordinator ladies.

When he finished talking to her, he walked past me and completely avoided my gaze. *Fine, be that way.* I had no idea what was up with him. It's not like I wanted Kyuhyun to kiss my cheek.

"Alright everybody!" I heard Junsu shout. The fans cheered loudly.

"Are you guys ready to meet my new sister?"

"YEAH!!!!" They hollered and shrilled. I was so nervous. 

"Junho came here as well. Here's my sister Lynn!!!"

Junho came over and grabbed my hand. We walked to the stage right where Junsu was.

"Isn't she pretty? Why don't you introduce yourself?" Junsu handed me his microphone.

"Hi ELF's and Cassiopeia! I'm Lynn. I'm Vietnamese American and I have been living with my twin step brothers for almost 2 months."

Some of the fangirls said hi back, others were just yelling at the top of their lungs.

"So how do you feel, performing here with your friends on stage officially for the first time?" Junho questioned.

"It's like a dream come true. I never imagined to be singing on stage at all. Then again, I never imagined I would have famous step brothers."  I replied, which made quite a few fans laugh.

"If you ever do become a singer like us, I'm sure our fans will support you since you're part of the family now, right guys?" Junsu asked the crowd.

"YEAHH!" They responded.

We talked a little more about our home life with our parents, and then Junho stated "Alright, you guys can find out more about Lynn later, it's now time for Super Junior's Mr. Simple!"

The three of us went back and we had a quick talk about my future.

"Anh, I don't think I would want to become a singer. You know my passion for cooking."

"It could still be a part time job! Like when you start working at Spicy Pho Bay on the weekends, and then the weekdays you can become a trainee!" Junsu exclaimed.

But I just shook my head. "It's not gonna happen. Singing is just a hobby. By the way, when exactly am I going to start working there?"

"How about next weekend?" Junsu suggested. 

I nodded and we started a contract. Some things he won't let me do is 

  • give discounts to friends or fans
  • encourage fans to stalk Junsu whenever he is there
  • make sure the gifts and presents Junsu receives are safe and good, if not, just give them to employees.

​"Really Junsu?" I gave him a disapproving look. I knew he was narcisstic but I didn't really like these rules, especially the last one. Those gifts should only be given to Junsu. 

"You do know that I'm the most popular member in the group, right?"

Junho and I laughed at him. It was crazy how different the twins were sometimes. Personally, Violet and Emily prefer Junho over Junsu. Olivia loved Junsu's voice at first, but he's her bias because of his looks and personality, and everything else, too. We talked a little bit more until the twins had their duet. 

L.O.V.E sang along to a couple of Super Junior's songs, performed DBSK's wrong number by ourselves, and we had a short interview about ourselves. The two boy bands performed over half of their songs, I could tell they were tired, but it was worth it because they loved seeing the fans. Before we all knew it,the time was flying by.

The concert was ending soon. There were three songs left which were Happiness, Confession, and Here We Go. I was so nervous for the duet with Changmin. 

Happiness was such a cute song. Super Junior were such dorks. They were doing a lot of fan service. 

Finally, the song ended. Leeteuk, being the mc he always was, announced the next song. "Now, it's time for Changmin and Lynn's duet, Confession!"

Throughout the crowd, I could hear the Changmin biased fans scream out of jealousy as Changmin and I walked to the stage from opposite sides. 

I anticipated for Changmin to give me a hwaiting pose but he continued to ignore me,  and then the song began.

*Oh my gosh, oh my gosh.* I anxiously held on to the microphone as the audience started to quiet down. 

Listening to Changmin's voice was so soothing. But as I was singing the second verse, Changmin started to walk towards me. I just smiled at him, thinking that we would pretend to be a couple singing like Kyuhyun and Seohyun when they sang their duet before.

But I was wrong. As we sang the chorus together, he held my hand and we started to walk up to the front, where the fans that were in the first few rows were wailing and crying out in envy. 

What really provoked them and made them mad was when the song ended. Why because-

"No way! Why is my Changmin Oppa KISSING HER!!!!"

"I can't accept this! Oppa, I hate you!"

"I WILL QUIT BEING A CASSIOPEIA IF THEY END UP DATING!"

Yep, Changmin was kissing me in front of the entire audience. All fans, members of both bands, managers, coordinators, stylists, back up dancers, technology technicians and everyone else working at the concert were completely horrified at Changmin's action.

I was pretty appalled myself. After all, he had completely disregarded my existance before this. But this kiss was so much better than the first two. 

"I know this is really surprising for all of you. But I thought this would be a good time to prove it to the world that I want to be with this woman. Lynn, will you be my girlfriend?" Changmin asked me, sincerely.

This felt like a dream. It couldn't have been real. I couldn't say anything since I was dumbfounded, but I guess I nodded my head because there were so many fangirls that were furious and outraged. Only a quarter of them cheered and looked calm and actually proud. They said things like 

"Go Oppa! If you're happy, we'll be happy!"

"Hwaiting! We hope you and her are together for a long time!"

"We'll ship you guys!"

I liked those fans a lot. It's because of those fans that I was able to talk. "To tell you guys the truth, I had confessed to Changmin before. It was a few days after I arrived in Korea, but I fell for him as soon as I saw him. I didn't think that he would return the feelings because he's a kpop idol, while I'm a Vietnamese American that isn't really fluent in Korean yet. I probably said something wrong as I'm saying this. But I want you girls (and guys) to know that if you have anyone to blame, it should be me. It wouldn't make sense to leave a fanclub you've in for a long time just because one band member wants to date. Aren't you supporting them because of their music and hard work? Do you guys only care about their looks and bodies?" 

As soon as I spoke those words, the crowd became dead silent. However, Changmin wanted to speak also.

"Kpop idols don't always fall for other kpop idols. Take Shindong, for example. He's been with his girlfriend for 4 years now. It doesn't matter if she's famous or not, because he loves her just the way she is. Just like in Bruno Mar's song. Kpop idols are human. We can fall for anyone, whether they're famous, nonfamous, Korean, non-Korean, it doesn't matter because we don't get to choose who we fall in love with. At first, I only fell in love with Lynn's cooking."

A number of fangirls laughed because they knew about his eating habits.

"But as I got to know more about her, I fell for her. It wasn't just her personality or looks. It was her everything. Lynn made me feel comfortable around her even though we didn't hang out that often. It might have been awkward at first because of the language barrier, but we can overcome that obstacle. I hope you can support our new relationship. And for those that don't, at least support the other 4 members." 

Changmin grabbed ahold of my hand again, we both bowed, and walked backstage. It was nice, hearing the majority of the crowd applaud. That meant that they listened to us and could agree that what they were doing wasn't mature.

"I can't believe you just did that." I murmured. "You told me you wanted to get to know each other more. It's only been three weeks since then."

"I can't believe it myself either. But it's all thanks to Kyuhyun. I wouldn't have done it if he didn't make me jealous by doing those things with you. It was after you confessed, I grew interested in you to the point where the feelings were mutual."

"Oh my gosh. So you were jealous? I like that you admit it though. But Changmin, how are you going to deal with the company, anti-fans, other members, and most importantly, your family?"

"I'll find a way." was all he said before he leaned tiwards me, and our lips touched once again. I pinched myself just to make sure this was all real.

"It's all real, Lynn. I like you a lot." He smiled that un-even smile I loved and together, we walked hand in hand, ready to face the wrath of our friends and members.