We should get to know each other first

From Ms. Ngo to Ms. Kim

"Lynn... I heard from Kyuhyun. Do you like me?" Changmin asked me. I was horrified and couldn't hide my facial expression.

*Oh Kyuhyun, you are so gonna get it the next time I see you.*

What do I say? Should I lie and say that Kyuhyun was messing with him, or should I tell him the truth?

"Please, just tell me the truth." He said as if he read my mind. 

I sighed. "Okay, it's true. I do like you." Changmin smiled when I said that.

"Why do you like me?" That surprised me. Do guys usually ask that when a girl confesses to them? It was my first time telling a guy I liked him. I thought they would either reject the girl or accept, and they would start dating right away. Maybe I watched too many dramas. 

"Um, you're tall, handsome, shy, and considerate. You have the cutest smile ever with your uneven eyes, and you eat a lot. I love your screams and high notes in your songs, too." I listed.

"Wow. That's the first time I heard someone say they like the fact that I eat a lot."

"Well, I cook a lot. So if I dated someone like you, my food wouldn't go to waste." I stated.

"Ah, I see." He looked at me, leaned down, and kissed me. I blushed the darkest shade of red there was. 

"I think we should get to know each other first." He murmured huskily.

"Sure," I mumbled, still shocked by the kiss. Changmin chuckled and said bye. I waved and returned inside the house after replaying the kiss on my cheek a million times. Why did this kiss affect me more than the drunk kiss?

"Welcome home, Lynn!" Junsu exclaimed in English. "How was college?"

"It was okay. I made a Vietnamese friend." I told him. "Hey Oppa, do you have Kyuhyun's phone number?"

"Yeah, do you need it?"

I nodded and took my phone out. I pressed the numbers in and went into my room.

"Yobosaeyo (Hello)?"

"Kyuhyun, you promised me you wouldn't tell yesterday."

"Sorry. I didn't mean to, but Changmin said he would help me with starcraft if I told him who liked him."

"And how did he know someone liked him besides his fans?" I asked.

"Umm hehe. When he asked if there was anyone who liked him who wasn't his fan but like an idol or something, I told him I knew someone who did."

"You babo (fool). I don't trust you anymore." I murmured.

"And we just met yesterday, too." He said, sounding sad.

"Aish… it's okay. I'll forgive you. Just don't break any future promises, araso?"

"Araso. Bye, Lynn."

I hung up and sighed. I'm speaking more Korean. I just learned about Araso today in Korean class. It meant okay, got it, or I understand. Anyway, I could never stay mad at someone for so long. I didn't like to hold grudges.

I went back to the kitchen feeling hungry. Junho noticed me and mentioned, "So… Changmin knows you like him now."

"Ughh, don't tell me you eavesdropped." I groaned.

"Xin lỗi." He said softly.

"Oh! You learned how to say sorry in Vietnamese? Did Mom teach that to you?"

He nodded. "I didn't mean to. I was watering the plants when I heard Changmin come. I was going to greet him, but you came and started talking. I didn't want to interrupt anything." *Ugh, he saw Changmin kiss me on the cheek, too!*

As soon as Junho said that, Mom came home from work. She recently got a job at Mr. Kim... I mean Dad's business.

"Welcome home." The twins said before they left to hang with their friends.

"How was work today?" I asked.

"Fun! I made new friends." She beamed. "How was college?" 

"I made a new friend also. Her name's Lan."

"Lan? What's her last name?" She questioned.

"Tran. Why?"

"Omona! I know her mom!" She squealed. "I can't believe she's still living in Korea!"

"Wait, what?" I was confused.

"I have a friend named Tuyet. We were best friends during our teenage years. We were pregnant at the same time, and we went through a lot of tough times together. But then she moved, and I wasn't able to contact her. Do you have Lan's number?"

"Yeah. Let me call her then." So I did, and Lan picked up.

"Hey Lynn, what's up?"

"Umm my mom wants to speak to your mom, she thinks she knows her. Is that okay?"

"To tell you the truth, my mom was just talking about that. Okay, I'll put her on the phone." I did, and once I did, she started screaming into the phone. So I guess Lan and I reunited our moms. That's pretty cool. Mom has a good friend back in her life.

The next day, I was walking to Chosun because it was a nice day. While I was walking, I saw someone who looked familiar. I then realized that it was Changmin. But he was with a girl. It was Lee Yeonhee, the actress from SM Entertainment, the same company as DBSK and Super Junior. *I wonder why they're together.*

As soon as I thought that, Yeonhee hugged him. It felt like my heart stopped beating. Why would he tell me we should get to know each other if he liked someone else?