I Knew About It

Our Happy Family...Not

 

"I want to see how you explain this, Changmin ah." Yunho said, his arms crossed. Looking at how his father was behaving, Changmin knew better than to spill everything out right there and then.
 
"How long are you staying in Japan?" Changmin asked.
 
"I don't know but it should be quite long." Yunho answered.
 
"Good then. We can talk about this over dinner." Changmin suggested.
 
"Changmin, I want-"
 
"Great! Dinner tomorrow at our villa. I'll bring Junsu too. Got to go. Bye!" Changmin immediately said before running into the building behind him.
 
Yunho sighed before turning to walk out of the area. Jaejoong stood by the window in his house, looking down at Yunho who was slowly walking back to the main road. Jaejoong sees Yunho stop suddenly before turning back to the dorm. Yunho looked up and Jaejoong gasped, immediately hiding himself. He brought his hand to his heart which was beating furiously. Jaejoong tried to peek again and he sees Yunho looking up but not towards Jaejoong. Instead, Jaejoong feels that Yunho was looking up to the sky.
 
"Yunnie." Jaejoong called out softly, his hand on the window as if he was trying to reach out to the man below him.
 
"Joongie." Yunho muttured, looking up to the sky.
 
His eyes bring itself to the penthouse on top of the dormitory building. Yunho frowned when he saw a glimpse of someone standing by the window but he just shrugged. Yunho let out a soft sigh before continuing his walk back to the main road.
 
"He saw me, didn't he?" Jaejoong asked himself before looking out of the window again.
 
"Where is he?" Jaejoong asked, standing up immediately.
 
The man run out of his house, leaving the door wide open. Seeing that the lift will take a long time to bring him down, he got to the stairs. Jaejoong run pass Changmin, ignoring the boy's calls for him.
 
"Yunho." Jaejoong called softly, running through the trees before passing Yamapi. Yamapi immediately hold on to his wrist, stopping Jaejoong. Jaejoong turned to look at the man.
 
"Yamapi, let me go." Jaejoong said.
 
"And then what are you going to do? Run to him and show yourself to him? With your status right now, I don't think he will like it." Yamapi said and Jaejoong immediately kept quiet.
 
"I told you, didn't I? You accepting Changmin as your lover is just going to hurt people. Look what is happening. You're hurting yourself, Jae." Yamapi said, letting go of Jaejoong's wrist.
 
"Then what am I supposed to do? Things have been done. Words have been spoken. I can't just simply take it back." Jaejoong said.
 
"Tell him the truth. Tell Changmin who you are, Jae. That's the only way for him to stop loving you in that manner." Yamapi advised his friend.
 
"You're just saying that so Changmin will hate me and will not let Yunho know about my whereabouts, right?" Jaejoong asked.
 
"You know me too well, Jae." Yamapi said and Jaejoong kept quiet.
 
"Come on. Let's bring you back to the house." Yamapi said, placing his hand around Jaejoong's shoulders and bringing him back to the dorm.
 

Everyday, Jaejoong would have wished for the day to end quickly so that he will be able to sleep and dream about Yunho but on that fateful night, he just wished time would stop so he won't have to go for the dinner together with Changmin and Junsu. There he was, stuck in between Changmin and Junsu as the taxi brings them to the Jung's villa.

"Seriously Junsu, you really shouldn't have believe to everything that I said." Changmin said, teasing the boy who was just wearing a simple shirt and jeans compared to the other two who were wearing something more formal.

"You're my friend. Of course I would believe you. This is so embarassing. First time I'm eating with your father and I'm wearing something that isn't suitable for the dinner. I-"

"Junsu, enough! You're annoying me with your whining." Jaejoong snapped at his son and Junsu immediately kept quiet, looking at Jaejoong confusingly.

Never did once had Jaejoong actually said things like that to Junsu. Jaejoong let out a sigh, looking down and frowning. Changmin let his thumb to caress the back of Jaejoong's hand so as to calm the older man down a little. Jaejoong smiled a little at him before slowly pulling his hand away. The taxi stops in front of a huge, white house and Jaejoong unconciously smiled as he remembered that one time where Yunho had brought him here right after they got married.

"Let's go." Changmin said, holding out his hand for Jaejoong to hold.

Jaejoong nod at him, not taking Changmin's hand but instead got down of the car by himself. He hooked his arm around Junsu's and the three of them walked to the door. Changmin knocked on the door and Jaejoong closes his eyes, taking a deep breath. He felt Junsu's hold on him tighten and he open his eyes, smiling at Junsu. Junsu looked at him worriedly.

"It's going to be fine." Jaejoong mouthed at his son and Junsu nod slightly. The door slowly opens and Jaejoong looked to the door, expecting Yunho to be standing right in front of them. Instead, a butler was standing there.

"Welcome. Master Jung is still getting ready. He has ordered me to you to the living room as dinner isn't ready yet." The man said and the three of them followed him to the living room.

After nervously waiting in the living room, Yunho finally arrives. He open the door with a welcoming smile, ready to meet his son's friends. His smile immediately vanished when he sees the man standing up together with Junsu and Changmin.

"Jaejoongie?"

"Hi." Jaejoong said.

"Yunho." The man called Yunho and they both looked at each other's eyes, not knowing what to say. The butler knocked on the door, gaining attention from everyone.

"Dinner is ready. I suggest moving to the dining room now, Master Jung." The butler said and Yunho nod shakily.

"Bring the two guests to the dining room first. I want to talk to Changmin for awhile." Yunho said, nodding to Changmin before walking away.

He walked into an empty room with Changmin following him right behind. Changmin closes the door before seeing his father standing by the window, his arms crossed over his chest. Changmin walked up towards him, looking at Yunho warily.

"Appa."

"That's your boyfriend? Junsu's...father?" Yunho asked.

"Of course not." Changmin quickly answered. Yunho looked at him in the eye.

"It's true." Yunho stated, before letting out a sigh.

"Appa, I'm sorry. But I can explain-"

"Stop. Just stop Changmin ah." Yunho said as he turned his back on Changmin, taking out a cigarette from his pocket before lighting it. He inhaled it for a little while before breathing out a few puffs of smoke.

"When did you start smoking again? You stopped five years ago." Changmin said, grabbing the cigarette.

"I didn't stop. I just didn't smoke in front of you." Yunho said.

"Appa, you know that's not good for your health." Changmin told him.

"Let's go. They're waiting." Yunho said but Changmin stopped him.

"I want the cigarettes." Changmin said, holding out his hand.

Yunho stared at Changmin before he finally decides to just give in to what Changmin had wanted. He slapped the two boxes of cigarettes on Changmin's hand before walking out of the room. Changmin walked into the dining room together with Yunho, seeing Jaejoong and Junsu sitting awkwardly around the table.

Yunho sat down beside Changmin who was sitting opposite of Junsu with Jaejoong facing Yunho. Yunho looked at Jaejoong who was just silently sitting in front of him. His mouth went dry once Jaejoong look up and his eyes pierce through Yunho's.

"Appa, start the dinner." Changmin said, hitting the man's hand to stop him from daydreaming.

Yunho just wearily smile before turning to his butler to get the dinner started. They were served course by course with no one talking to each other. The two sons in the room knew the history between their fathers thus they too were silent, contributing to the awkward and tense atmosphere around. The dinner ended rather awkwardly with Changmin burping so suddenly, causing Yunho to hit him in the head slightly.

"We should...go to the living room." Yunho said, finally saying something after such a long time. Yunho led the other three out of the dining room.

"Wait." Changmin said, stopping immediately.

"I have something to say, appa...umma." He continued causing Yunho and Jaejoong to look surprised.

"I...I knew about Jaejoong being my umma. On the night I confessed to Jaejoong."

 

 


Comments are loved. XD