Because I Like Him

Our Happy Family...Not

The next morning, Junsu leaves Changmin for his job in the cafe. Changmin was slotted for the evening shift while Junsu had the afternoon shift so he was leaving first. He got inside the cafe, greeting everyone loudly.

"Junsu, customers are already here. Don't make so much noise."

"Hi Yuya!" Junsu said, waving at the boy in front of him

. "I just told you not to make so much noise." The boy said before pointing to the man sitting in one corner of the shop.

"Who's that?" Junsu asked, looking at the man who was just sitting there while reading the newspaper.

"A new customer. Though he didn't order any cakes or pastries. He just ordered a black coffee for him to drink." Yuya answered.

"The policy here is that customers are only allowed to sit if they buy a cake. Pack me the coffee cupcake I used to eat." Junsu said, putting on an apron. Yuya immediately get to work, listening to what Junsu told him. Once he had done his task, he gave it to Junsu.

"I'll pay it through my pay." Junsu said, grabbing the small box before walking towards the man still sitting in the corner. He placed the pink box on the table and the man immediately looked at him.

"Yes?" The man asked, wondering what was going on.

"I'm sorry sir but the policy here states that a customer is to buy at least one type of cake in order for you to continue sitting here. I bought a cake for you. Here." Junsu said, pushing the box a little closer towards the man.

"Sorry, I didn't know that but I don't really eat sweets." The man said.

"Don't worry. The cupcake that I chose for you is unsweetened coffee cupcake. It should go well with your black coffee over there. Try it." Junsu urged and the man looked at him suspiciously. Junsu gave him an assuring nod and the man open the box, taking out the cupcake. He broke off a small part of it, eating it the next second.

"It's good." The man said. "Try it with the coffee. It'll be better. Call me if you need anything else." Junsu said, bowing at the man. He was about to walk away when the man hold on to his wrist.

"Sir?"

"What should I call you if I need anything else?" The man asked and Junsu smiled at him.

"You can call me Junsu." He said and sees the man taking out a card.

"Yoochun." The man introduced himself, passing the card to Junsu.

"Park Yoochun." He continued.

"Nice to meet you." Junsu said before leaving Yoochun alone. Junsu went back inside the kitchen, showing Yuya the business card.

"You got one again?" Yuya asked, his mouth wide open as he sees Junsu sticking the card on a board.

"You should work really hard, Tegoshi Yuya." Junsu said, teasing the man who look to the board.

In that cafe, there is a system where employees of the month is picked from the number of business cards they get from their customers. Under Yuya's name, there were only two business cards while under Junsu's name, there were already dozens of business cards that he had received.

"I hate it when you are right." Yuya said, frowning a little.

"Come on. Get to work." Junsu said, already cracking the eggs to make a new batch of cakes. Yuya reluctantly walked to the counter before standing behind it. A few minutes later, Yoochun got up before walking to the counter.

"Yes sir?" Yuya asked, wondering why the man was standing at the counter when he had already paid for his coffee.

"Can I...meet Junsu?" Yoochun ask and Yuya stared at him for awhile before nodding.

"Please wait for a moment." Yuya told Yoochun before leaving him for the kitchen.

"Junsu! That businessman wanted to see you." Yuya excitedly said.

"Which businessman?" Junsu asked, whipping the egg whites while looking at Yuya confusingly.

"The new guy. Come on. You have to go out there and see him." Yuya said, taking the bowl from Junsu before pushing him out. Junsu sees Yoochun leaning on the counter and they both smile when they see each other.

"Is there anything you need, Mr Park?" Junsu asked as he walked to the counter.

"Just call me Yoochun. I want to pay for your coffee cupcake." Yoochun said.

"There's no need for that. I've already paid for it." Junsu told him. "No, I shouldn't have let you. How about...dinner tomorrow?" Yoochun asked and Junsu agreed.

"Then I'll pick you up. Where are you staying?"

"St. President's Academy. I'll tell the security guard to let you in. I'll be at the dorm, waiting for you." Junsu said and Yoochun nodded, leaving the shop the next minute. Junsu turned around and Yuya was standing right in front of him, grinning like a sly cat.

"So, what did he say?" Yuya asked.

"He's bringing me out for dinner tomorrow night. Though I sure bet that Yamapi would not let me out at night. Jae appa already ordered him not to since I moved out of our penthouse." Junsu said.

"So you're not letting him in?" Yuya asked.

"Of course not. I'm nice to him because I want to get his business card not the man itself. Being employee of the month means I get free cake. Who doesn't want that?" Junsu said, leaving Yuya alone and returning back to the kitchen.

"Karma is going to get you for leaving all those men on that board." Yuya said and Junsu just rolled his eyes.

The shop went into a buzzling cafe as customers came in and out of the shop. Junsu was busy baking the cakes. Once he was done with it, he started serving the customers instead. The door bell ring for the umpteenth time and Junsu bowed to the door, tired of greeting customers already. He stood straight before smiling.

"Appa, you came. What's the occasion?" Junsu asked, immediately running to his father's side.

"Changmin and me have something to tell you." Jaejoong said before bringing him into the resting area for the workers right beside the kitchen.

They sat down around a table. Junsu on one side while Changmin and Jaejoong on the other side. Junsu looked at the two suspiciously. He noticed Changmin was looking extra happy while Jaejoong seems nervous all of a sudden.

"It can't be that Changmin knew about Jae appa already, right? If its true, is he leaving me for Changmin?" Junsu thought, biting on his lip.

"Junsu ah, Changmin and me..."

"No!" Junsu shouted, standing up immediately.

"No, Jae appa." Junsu said, shaking his head.

"Junsu ah, I like Jae. Please, accept our relationship."

"Eh?" Junsu looked at Changmin weirdly.

"You mean...you two are together? Lovers?" Junsu asked, his eyes widening.

"Darling, I know its hard for you to accept me dating your friend. But please accept our relationship, alright?" Jaejoong said and Junsu look at his father instead.

"Of course it's hard. Changmin is your-"

"Junsu. Accept us, will you?" Jaejoong asked, interupting Junsu immediately. Junsu looked into Jaejoong's eyes, realising that Jaejoong was planning something.

"I want to talk to you. Alone." Junsu said before pulling Jaejoong out of the cafe.

"Where are we going?" Jaejoong asked, trailing after Junsu.

"Somewhere private." Junsu said before stopping when he was sure no one other than them were there.

"What are you planning, appa?" Junsu asked, his arms crossed as he frowns at his father.

"Nothing." Jaejoong said.

"Appa, you never lie to me." Junsu told him and Jaejoong kept silent.

"Do you really like him?" Junsu asked and his father still kept his silent.

"So you're going to keep silent all the way? Alright. I'll go and tell Changmin that you're his mother." Junsu said, turning around to go back to the cafe.

"Junsu ah, wait! I'll tell you." Jaejoong said, holding onto Junsu tightly.

"I'll tell you, Junsu ah. I'm just...I need someone in my life." Jaejoong said.

"Yamapi is there for that. He confesses to you every year but you kept rejecting him. Why is it that you decide to go out with Changmin instead?"

"Why are you so against it, Junsu ah?"

"Because I like him!" Junsu shouted at his father before running away immediately. 

 

 

 

 

 


Ok, I know you must have been waiting so long for the update. I am so sorry. Have been busy with new school so didn't have time to actually update. Hope that you enjoy this chap. XD