Settling Down

Our Happy Family...Not

The next morning, both father and son woke up late for their flight to Japan.

"So we're not going to grandfather's grave then?" Changmin asked as he pulled his luggage out of the house, bringing it to Yunho's car.

"You think we have time for that? We're already late for our flight. Your grandfather can wait. It's not as if he can go anywhere." Changmin snickered when Yunho said that.

"I'll drive."

"Hmm." Yunho replied, throwing the key to Changmin before he walked back to the house to lock it. Once he was done, Yunho got inside the car before looking at Changmin.

"You sure you want me to drive?" Changmin asked, smirking at his father.

"Yeah. Wait! No! Changmin ah!" Yunho was too late. His son had already drive out of the house in a speed no one is allowed to.

"Slow down, Changmin! We're going to get pulled over if the police sees us. And you don't have a license, damn it!" Yunho cursed once again as he hold onto his seat. He knew teaching his son driving would cause this to happen.

"This is the reason why you shouldn't teach me how to drive." Changmin said, slowing down once they got to the main road. Yunho let out a relieved sigh, slowly relaxing himself.

"I'm going to call Yoochun to pick the car up once we leave." Yunho said, taking out his phone. Yunho busied himself, dialling his best friend's number as he also made sure Changmin was going the right way.

"Yeah Jung? Any reason why you have to disturb my sleep on a peaceful Sunday?" Yunho heard Yoochun asked him.

"Yeah. One reason actually. I want you to pick up my car at the airport. You should get out of your room like right now." Yunho said, looking at his watch.

"Will do that. An hour later. Just leave the car key at the usual place." Yoochun said before hanging up.

"Changmin, are you sure you want to live in the dorm instead of our villa? I mean, it's near your school after all."

"Appa, I already told you I can stay in the dorm by myself. Stop worrying for me. I don't need you to sleep with me to keep those monsters under my bed away." Changmin said.

"That wasn't what you said ten years ago." Yunho replied ago, teasing the young man.

"I was 8! Of course I would be scared of stupid monsters under my bed." Changmin answered before he park the car.

Both of them got out of the car, taking their luggages before Yunho secretly slide his car key in the secret compartment outside the car for Yoochun to pick up. He run towards Changmin who was already advancing towards the departure gate.

"Can't you wait?" Yunho asked, catching up with his son.

"Not when you're slow." Changmin answered him as they both went through the gate.

Five minutes later, they were seated in the business class seats on an airplane heading towards Japan. Yunho let out a sigh again, looking at Changmin who was looking out of the window.

"I can't believe my own son is going to be living by his own now."

"Old man, I'm adopted." Changmin replied him causing Yunho to flick his son's head.

"Shut up. I'm trying to be an emotional parent here." Yunho said.

"You don't need to, old man. Will you really go back here once I'm settled down there?" Changmin asked and Yunho smirked.

"Why? Need me to scare those monsters away for you?" Yunho again.

"Very funny. I just need to make sure you won't stalk me like you did in high school."

"Oh come on. That was just one day." Yunho said.

"It became only one day because I found out about it and stop you immediately. No stalking me. Understand, old man?" Changmin asked.

"Yes, Changmin." Yunho jokingly saluted his son.

"Now sleep." Yunho continued, locking Changmin's head in a head lock.

The younger man started punching his father before the older man decides to let go. They both chuckled before resting their heads on each other. They reached Japan after a few hours on the plane. There was a car waiting for them and they were dropped right outside Changmin's new dorm.

"Welcome to St. President's Academy main dormitory. I assume you are Mr Jung, the student transfering here?" A young man asked Changmin, holding out his hand for a handshake.

"You can call me Shim Changmin." Changmin replied, shaking the man's hand.

"What is the security like here? Were there any robberies or anything of that sort here?" Yunho asked once he took a look at the forest surrounding the dormitory building.

"Old man, don't ask those kind of questions." Changmin hissed at his father and Yunho frowned at him.

"I'm worried, alright?" Yunho asked and the man in front of them cleared his throat.

"Don't worry, sir. Your son will be in good hands here. The surrounding area here is all part of the academy's land so trespassers are strictly not allowed in. Especially in the dormitory as well as the main building." The man said.

"See? Now you can go." Changmin said, pushing his father away slightly.

"But I haven't seen your room yet." Yunho said.

"Well, you've seen my dorm."

"But not your room." Yunho answered.

"Appa, everything is going to be alright. After all, there's someone here who could help me."

"Oh yeah. Let me introduce myself. I forgot about that just now. My name is Yamaa Tomohisa. You can call me Yamapi for short. I'm the dorm's manager." The man said, smiling at the both of them.

"Now go." Changmin said, pushing his father away.

"Bye. Get back safely." Changmin said, waving at his father happily.

"Talk about being so happy. Don't eat too much cakes here. I know your school is a school for patisseries but that doesn't mean you can eat so much. You'll grow fat, Changmin. Also, remember to eat your medicine if you're sick. I don't want you fainting and-"

"Bye already!" Changmin shouted and Yunho immediately shuts up.

He weakly wave at his son before turning back, walking to the main road to get a cab. Stopping by at the bakery just outside the school, he looked through the array of cakes displayed.

"Which one do you prefer, sir?" Yunho looked at the young man smiling at him, noticing the slight accent in his voice.

"Are you Korean by any chance?" Yunho asked and the man nod.

"Yes I am. My name is Junsu. Kim Junsu to be exact. I work here during the evening after school ends in the afternoon. Can I ask which cake do you want, sir?" The young man asked and Yunho smiled at him.

"I would like the chocolate cream tart. Just one slice will do. I'm having it here." Yunho said and the man nodded, repeating his order before leaving Yunho alone. Yunho sat down at one of the small tables and Junsu came to him a few minutes later with his order.

"Please enjoy it. This is our cafe's speciality because one of the teachers in our school invented this special one." Junsu said before bowing at Yunho.

"Can I know what school are you from?" Yunho asked him and Junsu nodded at him.

"I'm currently studying at St. President's Academy. This shop is under the school's management. The students from the third year classes manage it."

"I see. My son just transfered here. He is also in one of the third year classes. The first class." Yunho said proudly, showing off his son's achievement on getting into the first class among the third years.

"So you must be the father of Jung Changmin. We've heard a lot about him. I'm his room mate in our dorm. I'll make sure he'll be taken care of here, Mr Jung." Junsu said, still smiling brightly at him.

"Thank you."

"Then I'll leave you to enjoy your tart then." Junsu said before walking away.

Yunho look at the plate in front of him before taking a bite. He closes his eyes, a memory of Jaejoong making his own chocolate cream tart comes into his mind.

"Just like Jae's." Yunho muttured, smiling to himself as he takes another bite. Back in the dorm, Yamapi was showing Changmin to all the facilities in the dormitory.

"So now, the only thing to show you is your room." Yamapi said before stopping in front of a room.

"This is your room. You'll be sharing this with another Korean, just so that you can be comfortable here." Changmin nodded before stepping in. He sees a man sitting on one of the empty beds. The man sitting walked towards them, smiling at Changmin brightly.

"Hello! Welcome to St. President's Academy. My name is Jaejoong. Kim Jaejoong."