Nightmares Or Sweet Dreams?

Our Happy Family...Not

"Yunnie, are we really going to be with each other from now on?" Jaejoong asked, looking at the ring on his finger.

"Of course. We will always be together. Forever and ever." Yunho said, caressing the back of Jaejoong's hand before kissing it.

"You promise me you won't leave me, Yunho? Even if your father orders you to do that?" Jaejoong asked, hugging onto Yunho tightly.

"Of course not, baby. I will never leave you. I swear." Yunho said, kissing the top of Jaejoong's head. Yunho was sure of it. Now that he's married, his father won't be able to oppose his relationship with Jaejoong again. They will live happily ever after, just like what he had dream always.


"Jae, I'm home!" Yunho said, calling for Jaejoong to come out as he cradled the still sleeping baby in his arms.

"Yunho, you-What are you holding?" Jaejoong asked when he saw Yunho carrying what looks like a baby.

"Why don't you come here and find out?" Yunho asked, walking a few steps forward. Jaejoong rushed towards him, smiling immediately when he sees the fragile-looking baby in Yunho's arms.

"You adopted a baby?" Jaejoong asked, looking at Yunho.

"Yeah. You like him?" Yunho questioned, letting Jaejoong carry the baby boy instead.

"Of course. I love you, Yunnie."

"Joongie, actions speak louder than words. How about a kiss on my lips instead?" Yunho asked and Jaejoong obeyed, kissing the man for awhile before turning his full attention on the sleeping baby.

"Why didn't you tell me we're adopting a baby? I could have gone shopping for a baby cot. I still need to decorate his room and-Wait, Yunnie. What's his name?" Jaejoong asked, looking at the tall man behind him.

"There's two choices. Either we take his former name that has been given to him or we choose a new name for this little baby here." Yunho said, his arms circling around Jaejoong's waist before pulling the shorter man towards him slightly.

"What's his former name?"

"Shim Changmin. That was what the person-in-charge said." Yunho told Jaejoong and the man nod, giving Yunho his approval of using that name.

"Shim Changmin. Listen here, young boy. From now on, we are your parents. We're going to be living together, not caring on what other people may say or what they may do to us. We will be together. Always." Yunho said before Jaejoong kissed him on the cheek.

"Always." Jaejoong said, smiling at the man.


Yunho went home happily as he was too excited to share the good news he had to his family. His father had finally accepted his little family and knowing Jaejoong, Yunho was sure that he will be happy to hear it.

"Jaejoong ah!" Yunho burst through the door before stopping when he sees Jaejoong in front of him. Yunho's smile turns into a frown immediately when he sees Jaejoong holding onto a luggage bag.

"Jae? Where are you going?" As if on cue, Yunho heard Changmin's cries from his room and Yunho rushed into the room when he sees Jaejoong not moving from his spot. He carried Changmin out, trying to quieten the baby down as he looked at Jaejoong who was wearing his shoes.

"Jae, you didn't answer me. Where are you going?" Yunho asked, holding onto Jaejoong's wrist.

"I'm leaving. I can't stay here anymore. I'm sorry. I have to go." Jaejoong said, pulling his hand away from Yunho's hold.

"No. Jaejoong ah, don't leave us please. Think about Changmin. He's still young." Yunho said and Changmin cried even more, as if he knew what was going on.

"I'm sorry." Jaejoong said, turning his back on Yunho.

"Jaejoong ah, why are you doing this to me? Jaejoong ah!"

Yunho sits up immediately, waking up from his dream. He took deep breaths as he felt the sweat rolling down along his cheeks. He heard a knock on the door and the door opens, revealing his eighteen year old son.

"You alright there, old man?" The boy asked, looking at Yunho worriedly.

"I'm fine, Changmin ah. Go back to sleep." Yunho said, wiping some of his sweat away.

"You sure, old man?"

"Changmin, I'm not old. Stop calling me old man." Yunho said.

"Umm...you're 35. You are old...old man." Changmin called him again and Yunho rolled his eyes at his son.

"Would it hurt you to call me appa for once?"

"Maybe it would." Changmin answered him, nodding a little.

"Go to sleep, Changmin. We need to wake up early to go to your grandfather's grave tomorrow." Yunho said, urging his son to leave him.

"Remind me once again why must I go when I'm adopted by you?"

"Changmin, be a little respectful. We're talking about my father here."

"But you hate him also. You told me he was the one who made umma leave us." Changmin said, frowning immediately.

"I was drunk, Changmin. I always talk about nonsense stuff when I'm drunk." Yunho rebutted.

"Appa, we both know you can't fool me. Go to sleep, appa. Goodnight." Changmin greeted before closing the door, leaving Yunho alone in the darkness of his room.

Yunho look at his reflection in the mirror, sighing once again. He got down from the bed, walking to the first floor to get a glass of water in the kitchen. He chugged down the whole bottle before walking up the stairs, stopping at Changmin's room to check on his son. He open the door slightly, seeing his son cuddled up under his blanket.

It's been eighteen years since Jaejoong had left them. Where did Jaejoong go? No one knows. Yunho tried to find him after he found out that his father was the one who told Jaejoong to leave him but nobody knew where Jaejoong went. It's like Jaejoong had disappeared from the surface of the world.

"You can sleep next to me, old man." Changmin startled him when the boy suddenly said that.

"What? You thought I'm sleeping? How can I sleep when you're standing by the door like some stalker?" Changmin asked and Yunho just smiled. He got inside the room, closing the door before lying down next to Changmin.

"Don't hog my comforter." Changmin reminded his father before turning his back on Yunho.

"Good night, Changmin ah."

"Hmm." Changmin answered him and Yunho laid there, his eyes open as he feels it hard to get to sleep.

"Would you feel better if I find umma for you?" Changmin suddenly asked and Yunho looked at Changmin's back.

"I mean, would it stop you from dreaming about him? You dreaming about him every day, doesn't it hurt you too?" Changmin continued when his father didn't say anything.

"I'm sorry I hurt you from making you wake up in the middle of the night, Changmin ah." Yunho said, thinking that was the reason they were talking about Jaejoong again.

"I'm fine with it. After all, even if I try hard to remember him, I can't. Plus, you won't even let me look at his pictures so I'm fine with it since he only spend two months with me. Should I really find him for you?" Changmin asked.

"And how do you go about finding him when I won't even let anyone near you show you a picture of him."

"Well, umma is definitely a man so I can print out in all the newspapers in the world saying that I need to find my father's lover who is a man and left us eighteen years ago." Changmin said and Yunho just sigh once again. 

"Changmin, if I, the person who he left behind couldn't find him. That means you can't either, Changmin ah."