Knitting is a cursed word

The Sapphire Blue Basket

 

It was the day every student feared when they’re having fun with their seemingly eternal weekend. It was evil in the form of day. It was MONDAY.

“NOOOOO! Don’t you know that the Pythagorean Theorem clearly debunks the way you’re acting right now? ” Kangin shouted at Zhou Mi, who was, as usual, trying to win over an argument against him.

“Kangin, that has nothing to do with giving my lunch to you.” Zhou Mi said, expression still as deadpan as ever.

“It does! You see c = a+b… Or was it f(x)?” Kangin mused, his forehead wrinkling at which of the two formulas he should use to thwart Zhou Mi’s diabolical plan of depriving him of a delicious lunch. Kangin thinks to fast, too early and too ahead. It was only 7 AM, classes haven’t even started yet and he’s already thinking about lunch.

 “Kangin-oppa! Zhou Mi-oppa!!” Alex chirped, running along with her panda backpack bouncing behind her.

“What took you so long? Classes will start any minute now!” Kangin exclaimed, his tone almost scolding.

“Hypocrite.” Zhou Mi mumbled.

“Well, Siwon-oppa insisted he wanted to go with me to school.” Alex seemingly shrunk at her statement, embarrassed about how her friends would react.

Kangin looked at Alex, Alex looked at Kangin, Kangin shifted his eyes to Zhou Mi, Zhou Mi was scanning the area for any visible threats to his lunch… because yes, the whole school knows that he has the best lunches.

“Oh…” Kangin responded and then zoomed off to the school’s broadcasting room and took control of the PA system. “ALEX AND SIWON SITTING IN A TREE! K.N.I.T.T.I.N.G!”

“Who the heck is Alex?”

“Yeah, and why does she have her own theme song?”

“She doesn’t.”

“Oh….err,..Who cares about knitting and trees anyway?!”

 

Students suddenly started a clamor, the faculty members were complaining at the fail attempt in speaking English and the guidance counselor was downright elated that he has his first possible student to undergo guidance counseling sessions with him.

Minutes later, upon entering her classroom, Alex felt her face heat up, seeing her classmates looking at her and giving her weird looks. She sat down and put down her bag while trying to sense if someone would actually speak up about the fiasco Kangin caused a while ago.

“Soooo… You and Siwon have been knitting, huh?” a girl spoke up beside her, giving her a cold stare as she sloooowly turned her head to Alex for added dramatic effects. It scared the heck out of Alex, that slow head turning might go on up until 360 degrees like Linda Blair.

“N-no. We weren’t! I promise!” Alex raised her two hands up and shook her head furiously.

“LIAR!” She stood up and slammed her fists on her desk, sending worried gazes from her other classmates.

“Objection! You do not have the sufficient evidence enough to sustain that accusation!” Kangin shouted from outside, he was punished to carry two pails of water for the whole first period.

“The objection is null and void! No one is allowed to deny an accusation outside of the premises!” Another voice complained.

The teacher entered at the sudden building commotion and set down her things on the table while ignoring the so-called political killings happening inside the classroom.

“Sit down, Yoona.” The teacher ordered.

“I will not! I shall not be denied of my right to speak! SOUTH KOREA IS A FREE COUNTRY!!” She shouted, holding a flag of South Korea and waved it around, causing all unaware students to flinch at the sudden contact of the cloth on their faces.

“Your Korean Constitution class isn’t until the third period, dear.” The teacher put her legs up on her table and drank soju. (a/n: LOL. female GTO)

“Should we start class now or should we let this argument grow more moronic?” Zhou Mi stood up, headed for the blackboard and got a piece of chalk. “All in favor of continuing the lesson, raise your hand.”

All fell silent and no hand dared to rise.

“All in favor of continuing the lesson, raise your hand.” Zhou Mi repeated. Everybody raised their hands eagerly.

“The public has spoken.” Zhou Mi sat back down and propped his elbows on his desk.

“Hey! That wasn’t fair! We thought the second choice was to continue the argument!” Yoona shouted.

“Oh boohoo. Sue me.” Zhou Mi said sarcastically. (a/n: GAAAAH, that was an amazingly lame pun. X3.)

 

 

Having finished the first period, which Alex was thankful for, they continued with their next subject which was Speech and Drama, Zhou Mi hates this subject with passion. Their S&D teacher was cheerful and very bright, another reason why Zhou Mi detests the subject. She asked her students to express themselves by writing a simple poem and presenting it in front of the class.

“First up is Im Yoona.” She called happily and clapped her hands as Yoona made her way in front of the class.

“*Ahem* I call my poem ‘I hate you’” Yoona straightened herself up as she prepared to recite her poem.

I hate you with all my heart,
 Not because you’re prettier than me, which you’re not,
I hate your guts since you stole my man from me,
Later after school, I’ll kill you Alex Lee.

“Excellent poem, Yoona! I feel the rage! I feel the passion! I feel the death threat!” The teacher applauded. “Zhou Mi, you’re up next.”

“My poem is a sort of tragedy. Based on a soon to be true story.” Zhou Mi explained.

I’ll dig your grave, I’ll rip your bones,
I’ll remove your brains and bury it under stones,
I’ll pluck your eyes and feed it to a Tuna,
You’ll burn in hell Im Yoona
.”

The whole class felt an ominous aura coming from Zhou Mi as he finished the last sentence and they were all reminded of a well-known Japanese horror flick. It sent chills running down their spines, with the exception of Yoona who was a spineless carbon-based life form.

“That was… disturbing. Nevertheless, it was very vivid and expressive.” The teacher smiled uneasily as she looked at Zhou Mi’s lanky figure retreating to his seat.

Each got their turn and Alex was last to recite her poem.

“I---.”

“Boo! It doesn’t even rhyme!!” Yoona shouted, her veins appearing clearly on her neck.

“I haven’t even started yet.” Alex smiled awkwardly, not minding Yoona’s nonsensical comment.

“Oh… Well, go on so I can insult you after.” Yoona waved her hands off.

“My piece is entitled, ‘WE DID NOT KNIT TOGETHER’.” Alex started, emphasizing every syllable of the title to the point that you can feel it being carved on the blackboard and she IS carving it on the blackboard at the moment.

Roses are red, violets are blue.
 I didn’t knit and he didn’t too.
Lavenders are green, sunflowers are pink.
 I did not steal him if that’s what you think.

And with more condemning from Alex’s new archenemy, they spent the remaining time on the drama part of the subject. Alex was sobbing her heart out by the time the class ended. The teacher knew better than to let a fire breathing dragon in the form of a jealous teenage girl to write the script and make a sorry mess out of Alex’s life.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was actually done just yesterday... So I'm planning on a double update.. Kehehe~ Because I was offline for three days, I had to make up for at least some chapters... ERGH... The pre-enrollment forms are pure evil!! I had a hard time deaing with them.