Bed and Breakfast

The Sapphire Blue Basket

What can’t kill you can only make you stronger… Or that’s what Alex likes to think most of the time, she’s been listening to that song ‘Stronger’ again.  However, it perfectly describes how she had managed to surpass all the ups and downs of her oh so tragic life with a smile on her face and an overloaded iPod. With her mom’s death only a few months recently and her dad who passed on when she was only 3, she was left to fend off for herself….

 


 

“Love is the most precious thing in the world bought and sold without paying. If you can manage to plant love in other people’s hearts, you’ll be the richest person alive.”  The voice so clear and comforting like it always has been. That voice belonged to the person Alex deemed the most important in her life.

“Mom… Please come back. I need you here.” Alex sobbed, tears falling down her cheeks like a melancholic play of raindrops falling softly on the ground.

“I’m never gone, Alex. I’ll be here.” She pointed to her heart and smiled warmly. “I’ll always be here.”

“Hey, Alex.” A voice cut through her crying. “Aleeeeeeex!”

Alex couldn’t shake it off but she knew that voice very well, and indeed, she found it disturbing that THAT voice was in her dream.

“ALEX, FOR HEAVEN’S SAKE,  WAKE UP AND STOP CRYING OR I WILL TOSS YOU OUT THE WINDOW!!” The voice shouted, sending Alex jolting up instantly and falling off her bed.

“MOM!” Alex jumped and fell face down on the floor. “Oh… It’s just you. Yesung-oppa.” She sat up and stared at Yesung groggily. “WHY ARE YOU IN MY ROOM?!”

“I was –MMPH!” Yesung was cut off by a pillow landing squarely on his face. Alex sure can throw and she threw it hard.

“I’m a girl. You don’t just barge in a girl’s room.” She stood up and crossed her arms.

“Well, you were crying and shouting ‘Mom!’ in your sleep. I thought something happened to you.” Yesung handed Alex back the pillow.

“Kehehehe. I think I landed a good throw at him. The pillow has his face print on it. XD” Alex mumbled.

“Sorry what was that?” Yesung shot a brow up.

“O-oh nothing. I was crying in my sleep cause I had a dream about mom again.” Alex smiled, remembering her mom in her dream.

“She really is a good mom. Even in the afterlife, she still watches over you.” Yesung smiled and patted Alex’s head. “Oh, you better prepare for breakfast. Siwon’s been acting like a grumpy ahjumma since he woke up feeling hungry.”

 


 

“Hmmm…” Siwon sat across Kibum as he glared at Alex’s approaching figure.

“What’s the matter?” Alex asked, putting a bowl of kimchi stew on the table. “Do I have something on my face?”

“What took you so long? I was dying of starvation!!” He shouted, earning him a deadpanned look from Kibum and a confused look on Alex’s.

“I’m sorry if I did. It’s just…” Alex looked down and twiddled her fingers. It was only her first week here and she was already being harangued…… at 6 in the morning.

“You know we have school today! You should know better, you’ve already been here for one week!” Siwon shouted again, making Alex pout adorably.

Yesung entered the dining area clad only in a white silk robe and was obviously laughing about something. He stood near Alex and put a hand on her shoulder.

“Siwon, it’s Saturday. You woke us all up with your whining when we’re all still supposed to be sleeping our butts off.” Yesung chuckled.

"Apparently, Einstein here couldn’t figure that out.” Kibum smirked, straightening the newspaper he started reading seconds ago.

If there was one thing Siwon was good at, apart from Taekwondo, it would be waking the entire household. Alex sometimes thinks that Siwon’s voice would work better than having Big Ben as an alarm clock, but she wouldn’t want to test her theory out.

Alex put the other dishes she cooked on the table and once again,  managed to impress the three not-so gentlemen seated on each side of the table. Everyday she served regular meals that tasted like it’s been stolen from a very expensive restaurant, these thoughts crossed Yesung’s mind pretty often.

“Ahhh~ So good!” Siwon savored the taste in his mouth, eyes closed, smile visible freaky joker ert smile detected.

“Wipe that ridiculous look on your face off. I can’t eat with a creepy face like that.” Kibum said, disgust clearly evident on his face.

“Kehehe. He looks like he’s having ‘THE BIG O’.” Yesung smiled his version of the freaky joker ert smile.

“Hyung! Alex is here! Stop talking like that!” Kibum scolded him and threw an apologetic look at Alex.

“It’s… errr… okay, Oppa.” Alex laughed nervously. ‘How can I live with a bunch of erts like these. GAAAAAH. I’m gonna die later. But they are nice people anyway… so…’

There was a loud noise, a blur of movements, more shouting, Yesung trying to pry Siwon away from Kibum so he won’t strangle him to death, the bickering boys rolling on the floor, a glass of water falling on the floor, matrix moves,  Yesung racing to the door to get the package from the mailman and then going back with a video camera to record the two boys’ fight. All this happened while Alex was staring blankly into nothingness as she devised an escape plan she would soon need to get away from all this chaos.

Amidst the noise, Alex heard her phone ringing upstairs and she immediately stood up.

That ring tone sent her a surge of happiness. “SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY~

It was her best friend calling. “SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY~” She wanted to hear the sorry sorry part again. Yesung looked at her with a WTH face and she snapped back to reality.

“I’ll answer the phone, I’ll be right back.” She excused herself and walked past Yesung.

Unfortunately for her, she didn’t notice the spilled water on the floor. So there goes Alex, slipping and toppling over Siwon in the process.

Smoke suddenly engulfed the room and out came a pretty brown furred kitty squirming to get out from under Alex’s pressing figure. The cat was literally running out of air and Alex was still spacing out about how a cat could be there when she fell on top of Siwon.

“WHAT’S… I don’t even… A CAT?!” Alex shouted, face clearly showing signs of confusion…. And amusement.

“Well, at least they got the floor dry and clean.” Yesung grinned at Kibum.

Kibum face-palmed himself.  This was not on his to-do list for today.

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahh~ It's a bit short, but I literally had to squeeze my brain to start writing this. I really had nothing to write at first but then I ate some ice cream and cupcakes and... yeah, sweet stuff make me go BOOM. X3. Hope you guys like it. And Oh yeah, I know you guys know Alex, We had a talk last time and she agreed to this so dun you guys worry. kehehe~