Nine Lives Minus One.

The Sapphire Blue Basket

“Oppa, did you spray a whole can of Glade just now?” Alex asked, standing up and carrying the cat.

“I didn’t…err… maybe Kibum did.” Yesung said sheepishly, ignoring the daggers Kibum’s been sending him.

“Wait, it's not Glade. The smoke has that Victoria’s secret kind of smell.” Alex noted, taking another sniff. “Oh, that reminds me. How’d this cat get here? I remember falling on Siwon, not on this poor, helpless kitty.”

“I uhh… Yeah… Siwon’s just practicing his magic tricks! He’s very good at it, right, hyung?” Kibum piped up and gave Yesung a knowing look.

“Uhm. Yeah, yeah. He showed me that trick the last time!” Yesung followed Kibum’s lead.

“Wow~ he’s really good.” Alex smiled.

Yesung and Kibum got out of that one. They’re safe…. For now.

“AAAAAALLLLLEEEEEEX!!” A big booming voice shouted, and the ground started to shake at the intensity of the incoming guest.

They found themselves in another predicament in the form of Kangin and Zhou Mi…. or in Yesung’s language,  Shrek and the Long Legged Phantom. They met them on Alex’s first day with them, they were her best friends but they kinda scared Yesung and Kibum cause they were threatened that if Alex’s was hurt/forced into labor(which was weird since she was supposed to work for staying in the house)/tainted, they would rip their pretty little eyes out.

“Do you mind not screaming in the---.” Yesung was cut off when Kangin rushed to Alex and picked up the cat. Kibum tensed at the possibility of Siwon being killed in his cat form by Kangin’s strong grip.

“AWW A CUTE KITTY!!” Kangin squealed, picking up the cat and holding it close to his face. “I shall call you TEUKIE and you shall be mine, and you shall be my TEUKIE!”

Everybody stared at Kangin and looked at him as if he’d been chosen to be the bearer of the next big incurable epidemic to hit the entire globe.

“Oppa, you’re so weird.” Alex said, trying to at least make him act normal around her new housemates.

But Kangin was a lost cause… he likes kitties too much.

“Baby Al, he kinda looks like that other guy you live with.” Kangin said as he stared at the feline.

“Who? Siwon?” Alex tilted her head cutely.

“AWW ALEX! YOU’RE SO CUTE! DO IT AGAIN!” Donghae shouted from the background. UGH, I couldn’t hold him back from saying that.

“OPPA! YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE IN THIS SCENE! GET OUT!!” Alex shouted back.

*coughs* Well, this was embarrassing…. I knew something was gonna go wrong at some point. Now, let’s just go back to the story before anything happens.

“Psst! Kangin-oppa! Your line!” Alex nudged him.

 “O-oh yeah!” Kangin straightened himself up and looked at the cat more closely. “Yeah, that grumpy guy who looks weird when he does his eyebrow tricks. He looks like a ert though.”

“I AM NOT A ERT!!!!” They all whipped their heads to the source of the voice and they knew that it came from the cat.

Kibum face-palmed, but not on himself. He face-palmed  Siwon the cat, sending it rolling over on the floor yet again.

Awkward silence.

More silence.

Zhou Mi yawned…. And then more silence.

“Anybody want some tea?” Alex broke the silence. Everyone turned to Alex now.

“Oh, do you have it in lemon flavor?” Kangin asked.

“Yep.” Alex nodded. “Let’s go to the living room then? It’s more comfortable there.”

Everybody followed suit and they lounged around the living room for a while, talking and getting to know each other better. They explained about the curse and asked the three to not let anyone else know about their secret.

“Oh yeah, what happened to Siwon?” Yesung asked nonchalantly, as if it wasn’t a big matter that some people actually discovered their secret.

“AISH~ I forgot about him!” Alex stood up.

“He’ll live. Don’t worry.” Kibum smiled at Alex and he pulled her down to sit again.

“I-if you say so, oppa.” she blushed and sat back down again.

 


 

~In the far corner of the dining area~

“*Wheezes*” Siwon was trying hard to catch his breath and held up a sign saying: “BRB. DYING.”

Yesung managed to pass by the kitchen again when he saw Siwon with the sign.

“Okay, take your time Wonnie. I’ll just be getting some tissue, don’t mind me.”

 


 

Hours later when everybody was on the balcony in the middle of having much fun at how Zhou Mi can use his psychic powers to strangle random people on the street, Yesung joined them again and announced to everybody that he had presumed Siwon was dead.

“Siwon’s dead?!” Alex shouted, her eyes widening.

“Yep. If you hurry, you can still save him before maggots start eating him up.” Yesung said, sitting on the chair and sipping his lemon tea.

Alex ran down the seemingly eternal flight of stairs (which in reality was only 20 steps down) and rushed off to where Siwon was.

“Wait a minute!” Alex stopped when she was only a few feet away from Siwon. “Cats have nine lives! I shouldn’t be worried!” She smiled to herself and turned back and was about to go upstairs again when she heard the faint groan of the suffering animal.

“On second thought, I don’t know how many lives he has left.” She carried Siwon in her arms and carried him to his room. She bandaged Siwon’s sprained leg and wiped off the blood stains on his fur.

Siwon, having gained his consciousness watched as Alex took care of his injuries. He looked at Alex intently, scanning her features. She looked back at him and smiled.

He decided that from that point on…. He would always bring Tylenol if ever his head ached… and that Alex had a very pretty smile… and that he would start digging Kibum’s grave for hitting him on the face.

Oh… and that he would take care of Alex.

“Uhh… Thanks.” Siwon said, keeping his head low.

“Aww~ You’re so cute.” Alex cooed. “It’s nothing. We’re friends, Friends take care of each other.”

“I’m not cute.” Siwon pouted. (A cat, pouting, REALLY?!) “And sorry if I’ve been harsh on you.”

“HARSH? You were CRUEL!” Alex exclaimed, however, wanting to keep the moment alive, she spoke again. “Oh, it’s okay.”

“But don’t you find it weird that I’m a freak?” Siwon hid himself under the sheets.

“Look.” Alex removed the cover from him and gave a reassuring smile. “You’re not a freak. You’re really cool. And I don’t care if you’d turn into any animal, you’re still my friend.”

Somehow, Siwon felt his little kitten heart beating faster.

 

 

But how come he didn’t want them to be just friends anymore?

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

Ahh~ I had a laugh writing this. Specially the part where Siwon was on the brink of death. LOL. Anyway, hope you guys like the progressing development of the characters and their feelings. Oh, If any of you are wondering, this point of the story already shows the few tweaks I've done...

Kangin here plays Arisa, and Zhou Mi is Saki...Yeah, I made Tohru's best friends boys... Kehehehe~... And Yeah, Yuki is Kibum, Shigure is Yesung and Siwon is unmistakably Kyo.

Hope you guys like it. Imma update soon.btw, COMMENTS ARE LOVE~