02 The Meeting

Learning to Survive

Taeyeon's pov

 

As her car drove over the bridge connecting the Burj Al Arab hotel to the beach, she could see Palm Island all the way from her car. She had always wanted to go there but simply never had the time to.

 

Writers pov

 

The five black cars drove up to the roundabout in front of the hotel. And Miss Kim was guided out of the car. With confidence she walked up to the building and was thinking whether her sisters had arrived already.

 

Taeyeon's pov

 

She walked through the entrance and made her way to the women behind the large desk. While putting a smile on her face she introduced herself in Arabic, wich earned a surprised and respectful look from the people behind the counter.

"Hi, I’m Kim Taeyeon, nice to meet you" she said. "My colleagues and i are from SBS Incorporate and if my memory serves me well than they should already have arrived here earlier". The young girl she was talking to started searching for the info she was given on her computer. "That's correct indeed" the girl finally answered. "SBS inc. the complete top floor, am i correct?". "Yes that's right" Taeyeon confirmed.

After the girl at the desk checked her in, Taeyeon made her way to the elevator. When the elevator doors opened the second time she got out and walked over to the only door in the small hallway. She grinned because she knew what would happen next.

Taeyeon opened the door, walked into the room, dropped her suitcase on the floor and said out loud "Hey I’m back!". Next thing she knew, she was pushed against the wall by a stampede of girls. "Taeyeon!!" her sisters called out as soon as she walked in the room.

Suddenly she heard a stern and familiar voice call her sisters. "Come on girls, let your eldest sister breathe a little after her flight, will you". Tiffany came walking in from the kitchen and smiled ad her. "It's been a while hasn't it" Tiffany said. "So, are you ready for the meeting?". Taeyeon returned her smile and said "Yeah, just need to freshen up a little though".

 

Writers pov

 

After Miss Kim and her colleagues were all ready, they were driven to the Burj Khalifa tower were the meeting would take place.

Now as the writer i probably should explain a little about the girls first. As you know by now Taeyeon is their leader and the eldest sister (even though they’re not genetically related).

Alright then let's start with Seohyun. She is the youngest and also the mathematical genius of the group. Carries a calculator with her at all times, even though she is much better at using her head to solve equations. She just keeps the device for fact checking.

Then there are Sooyoung and Hyoyeon the two of them are advertising specialists. Also they studied all different kinds of art. Then there is Yoona, she has a university degree in Art & Design. Sunny is the IT expert of the group. She can always be found carrying a computer and a tablet by her side.

Jessica&Yuri are mainly in charge of distracting the client, their often dressed in a provocative ways. So that eventually, Tiffany can bring them to sign the contract they needed. Tiffany also has a manager degree.

Well that’s enough explaining let’s get on with the story.  

 

Taeyeon pov

 

Taeyeon got out of the car and looked up and down the 828 m high tower. She thought to herself "I wonder why these russians are so important to Mr. Kim". She shook her head from left to right and said to herself "No, that’s none of my business". "My concern is the meeting and it's result, i have to stay focused". She followed her sisters inside the tower and up another elevator.

Taeyeon brushed her teeth one last time before the meeting. Inside a restroom close to the room were the event would take place. Her sisters followed her in. Some of them started checking their make-up, others checked their files or equipment.

As the nine girls walked in the room, the man, who Taeyeon predicted was their leader, gave them an irritated look. Taeyeon frowned "It's always the same with these russian business men, no experience with women as their equals" she thought in her head.

Everyone sat down. She could see the russians had an translator with them. A Young man, who didn't seem to happy being here. The head of the russians who was sitting opposite of Taeyeon spoke to the translator, in a soft voice. Taeyeon grinned, as she was the only one of the nine girls who could understand and speak russian. Plus of course the 30 other languages that she was fluent in.

The translator was about to explain Mr Koromsky's (name russian leader) word's, but never got the chance since Taeyeon cut him off before he could speak.

"First of all" Taeyeon said in russian with a stern look on her face. "Mister Koromsky, you told your translator you were expecting the board of SBS Inc. to meet you here". "Is that right" Mr. Koromsky looked surprised and nodded. "Well" she continued in russian. "My name is Kim Taeyeon and i'm the manager of SBS Inc." she said as her expression changed to a cold one. "I expected to do business here". "But apparently our expectations cannot be forced into a reality, so, how about we meet each other half way".

After the translator was done, Mr. Koronsky looked a little more pale than usual. He had no idea that the women in front of him could speak and understand his language. Also obviously he had heard about Kim Taeyeon, the promising and potential future candidate, for the spot of SBS Incorporates new director.

The rather pale looking man got a piece of cloth out of his pocket and wiped the sweat that had appeared on his forehead. Then he stood up and bowed to apologize. His colleagues did the same.

Taeyeon's death glare had now changed back to a smile. "Very well then, shall we begin?".

 

 

Writers pov

 

Alright for those of you wondering where DBSK is, don't worry they're stil gonna come in the story very soon. And again thanks to those of you who read this i realy appriciate it :)