05 The Interrogation Technique

Learning to Survive

Writer’s pov

In the still of the night, sounds of the last gunshots echoed away. If one were to listen closely you could hear soft voices coming from a concrete building, standing all alone in that big wide dessert. However the quiet atmosphere outside did in no way explain the situation inside the compound.

 

 

Taeyeon’s pov

Taeyeon watched as Max finished patching up the last of her colleagues. She then let her gaze go from the first girl, Tiffany, who was in front of her, to Sunny at the other end. Each time her attention passed one of the girls she waited a while before going on. As if she was inspecting them. All of them had cuts, scratches and bruises over their bodies. But quite a few were already patched up with band aids around their arms and legs. Tiffany even had one around her head and Sunny had one around her stomach/midriff.

 

She saw Max sight as he sat down and looked her way. A slight smile appeared on his face. “You know, it is going to take some time before they are all back to full health”. “For some it might even take a while before they can swallow solid food again”. “But you should not worry too much for their physical condition”. “Give them a week and I bet things will look better for most of them”.

 

Taeyeon nodded her head absentmindedly. She still could not completely comprehend what just happened here and why her sisters were injured this way. Eventually she said “I just don’t understand what happened to them”. Max looked at her and said “Well, I haven’t asked any of them but… I think it’s pretty obvious”. Taeyeon looked at him and said “Yes I know that they were beaten, however, what I was wondering for was why”.

 

“That is something that we might be able to figure out” she heard Jano say from behind her. Taeyeon turned around to face the Captain. Jano continued “we have 8 survivors left and we are rounding them up as we speak, in a separate room across the hallway”. “Even though for us it’s not really part of this job to interrogate them, I guess beating them up a little wouldn’t take up too much time”.

 

Taeyeon nodded, she was thankful towards the Captain for doing this. “All right then let’s get this over with” she said as she stood up.

 

Before she could stand up she felt someone softly putting a hand on her shoulder. She looked behind her, it was Tiffany. “Are you sure you want to do this?” Tiffany asked with a worried look on her face. Taeyeon frowned “what do you mean”? Tiffany turned to Jano and asked “will you be hurting the hostages”?

 

Taeyeon saw that Jano was thinking of how to answer that question.

 

“Well” Micky said. “They are not just going to start telling us about their holiday, if we start giving them cotton candy and Christmas presents”. “But are you going to hurt them?” Tiffany asked again this time with visible worry.

 

Jano shushed Micky with one look and then continued instead of him “Look” he said with a stern expression. “These people are thugs, murderers, terrorists and maybe even trained assassins as well”. “They are probably not even going to start talking after a beating or two”. “How do you know that for sure?” tiffany asked. “Because if I was captured by them and I was carrying valuable info with me, I wouldn’t talk, not even if they would threaten to kill me”.

 

Taeyeon’s saw everyone’s eyes grow wide as they heard him say this.

 

Taeyeon saw Jano looking around the room, as if he was checking to see if everybody understood the seriousness of the situation. Then he said “so as an answer to your question, yes, yes we are going to heart them, a lot”. Taeyeon looked from the Captain to tiffany and back again. “You know” Jano said, this time in a more friendly voice. “After the torturing that these people have put all of you through, you really don’t have to feel compassion for them”.

 

Taeyeon saw Tiffany weakly nod her head and then turn back to face her. “Listen Taeyeon, why don’t we just let these men do this” tiffany said with a hopeful voice. “I mean it’s not really up our ally if you know what I mean”.

 

She knew that Tiffany was afraid and that she didn’t even like the idea of anyone hurting anyone. No matter whom it was. She looked around the room. The rest of the girls seemed to feel the same way by the looks of it.

 

“Maybe Tiffany is right” she thought. “Maybe I really should just stay here and let Jano handle this.

 

Just as Taeyeon was thinking that, images of the girls being tied up and beaten flashed through her mind. “No” she thought “these people have done god only knows what to them”. “Also, as their leader it is my responsibility to find out what the hell they wanted”. “And why they did what they did”. “Not to mention that I do posses skills that could come in handy for something like this”.

 

She looked at Tiffany one last time and then she had decided “I’m going to go through with this” she said. She saw that Tiffany was shocked by her conclusion. “I know chances are that I’m going to see things in there that I don’t really want to see”. “But then again, after what they did to all of you I can’t just stand back and do nothing” she said self assured.

 

 

 

As the girls were being helped up on their feet, Jano walked over to Taeyeon. “Is something the matter?” she said. Jano thought for a while and then said “Do you have any experience in interrogating people?”. “I mean have you done this kind of thing before, extracting information out of people?”. A slight smile appeared on her face “don’t worry I’ll be alright”. The Captain looked at her and said “You know it’s a very delicate procedure, you need a plan, what you want to hear from them and how you’re going to get this info out of them”. “Right, well, don’t worry, I have a plan and I’m pretty sure you know it to, I mean it’s not that difficult to figure out”.

 

“Okay then after you Miss” the Captain said as he followed her into the interrogation room. After Callen and Micky walked in and closed the door, Taeyeon closed her eyes for a second to focus “Cold and heartless that’s what you’re going for”.

 

“Right!” she said. She looked across the room from the first to the eight man. As Taeyeon walked past each one of them, she threw a piercing gaze to each individual. Trying to find every possible weakness she could.

 

“A handgun please” she said. “An old western-style one preferably”. “And hold it against his face” she pointed at the man closest to her.

 

“Micky, use your old Remington” Jano commanded. “What!” the latter complained “no way!”. “Why don’t you use your…” he didn’t continue as the captain gave a do-it- now-or-you-will-regret-it-later look. “Fine!” he protested.

 

“Alright gents we are going to play a little game” Taeyeon said with cold face towards the contestants.

 

None of them reacted as they kept staring into spaces while they were tied to the chairs they were seated on.

 

“Listen carefully because I will only explain the rules once!”. “I will ask a question, then one of you will answer it”. “O, and just to be clear, I don’t really mind witch one of you answers first”. “Just know that only the person that answers will survive”.

 

Still none of them reacted and the silence remained.

 

“Right, here comes the question”. “Who are you, why did you take us all hostage, what is the information you were trying to get from me and my colleagues and who are you working for?”.

 

“Okay let’s start with you sir” she pointed to the man with Micky’s gun against his head. “No, wrong answer!” Taeyeon said as the man did not respond. “Lieutenant, a knife, in his left leg please”.

 

AAAAAAGGgghhh the man shouted in pain. “I like this game” Micky said as he pulled out another knife ready to strike. Taeyeon winced for a second but then composed herself quickly, she could not afford to lose her composure.

 

“Sorry” Taeyeon said (without remorse) to the assaulted man who was clenching his teeth, as if that would stop the pain. “That was just to show that we mean business and also that were not going to kill anyone”. Not until my question is answered at least”.

 

“Now lieutenant, is that gun loaded” she asked Micky who nodded in reply. “Good, now take out 5 bullets”. Micky followed the order. “Am I correct if I say that there is one left in the magazine”. Micky nodded “yepp”. “Okay spin the magazine and then hold the gun against our first contestant”. “Here” Micky said as he was pointing at the mans head. Taeyeon nodded.

 

“Right” Taeyeon sighted, now let’s play.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey I'm back, sorry to say though that I wrote this at a friends place (that means that i still don't have a new laptop :)

Anyway rrrreeeaaalllyyy sorry for all the delay but i'm trying my best.

So hope you guys enjoy this and know that i will not give up (does airpunch).

I still have to many ideas for this fic so please forgive me for my "slowness" = (haha is that even a word) and i will get back on track and speed up with my updates.

Like once a week or something like that (   when i have a new laptop and probably no more money:(   ).

I can see in the coming days (if my friend keeps being nice and supportive) if i can ad some info to the 04 Black-Ops update wich i will name T.I.P. "The Info Page" from now on.

Anyway comment/ask/sub please and see you guys next time :