03 The Dark Room

Learning to Survive

During the break…..

 

Taeyeon’s pov

Taeyeon picked up the paper coffee cup after the machine was done preparing it. She took a sip. Before the coffee entered Taeyeon could immediately smell that this was just some cheap rip-off brand.

 “Ugh”, she sighted. Due to the neutral and dissatisfying sent drifting up from the cup, she had already lost her appetite. But since she didn’t want to be even more disrespectful than their client had already been to them, she decided to just finish the coffee in one go.

 

As Taeyeon sat down and looked around to see if everyone was ready to continue she just couldn’t get the weird cheap taste out of . She looked towards Tiffany with a smile and whispered “Could I please have some of your water, that coffee really tastes like crap”. Tiffany smiled understandingly since she had tried it as well.

“Right”, Taeyeon said. “Where were we”. She wanted to get this meeting over and done with.

 

Writers pov

Before Taeyeon could continue, the side of the meeting room made completely of glass opposite off the entrance shattered. After a loud explosion was heard. All of sudden masked men in light brown sand colored outfits entered the room through the now shattered glass.

They were so quick nobody even had the time to react. After 5 minutes the once so busy meeting room was empty and quiet. As if nothing had happened.

 

Captured In The Cold Room (continuing from the foreword)

Taeyeon’s pov

She opened her eyes for the second time and looked around the room. She had drifted off into sleep a few times since she was taken here, were ever ‘here’ was.

Since there were no windows anywhere it was really dark, almost pitch-black. Luckily her eyes had adjusted to the point where she could easily see her surroundings.

“Ahh, damn it” she swore silently as she tried to move a little. The steel handcuffs around her wrists were really starting to hurt. “How long am I supposed to stay here?” she asked out loud. No answer came however.

 

“How ironic would it be if the very people who went through all the trouble of capturing me, have now actually forgotten their prisoner” she laughed at that thought. Even though she knew that she should be rather thankful to these terrorists, that they had not really hurt her yet. Or that they had done anything else for that matter.

Taeyeon guessed that the walls and the door of her cell where really thick, since she could not hear anything going on outside. However as she was thinking that, she heard a loud banging noise coming from the door. ‘Bang, Bang, BANG!!!

 

 

 

 

The third time she heard the noise, the door broke out of its hinges and came flying into the room. A man completely in black (except for his eyes and the upper half of his head) walked into the room. Looked at her and asked “Are you miss Kim Taeyeon”.  

Taeyeon stared at him, at first she was not sure what to say. Then a thought crossed her mind “this man was obviously not part of the people who had kidnapped her”. “Otherwise he would not have gone through all the trouble of knocking down that door”. She looked at the now crumpled door lying on the floor. “Then who is this man” she thought.

“Who are you?”. She asked, she waited. The man seemed to be thinking whether or how to answer that question.  

“Introductions later” the man said in a formal tone. “Do you have any serious injuries?”. “Or are you somehow physically unable to move?”. Taeyeon shook her head. She had decided to go with this man’s plan, since she had a feeling it would get her out of here.

 She raised the cuffs on her wrists towards the man. As a signal that she would like him to take them off somehow. He grabbed a small tool he was carrying on his outfit and opened the handcuffs in no time. When that was done he quickly moved back to the door and started looking around the corners.

Taeyeon massaged her wrists, finally those darn cuffs where off. “Thanks” she said as she turned to the man in black.

He brought his index finger to his lips as a sign to shush her. Then he waved at her to come closer and said in a low voice. “Listen miss Kim, I’m going to need you to be absolutely quiet until we get out of here, do you understand”. Taeyeon nodded. “Okay then” he said as he drew out his handgun. “Follow me and stay close behind me“. “When I move you move, when I stop you stop”. Taeyeon nodded again. The man turned around to see if the exit was clear. And then he moved and she followed.

 

 

 

 

 

Through the corridors and hallways. Every once in a while someone was unfortunate enough to cross their path. Then in a few swift and very quick moves the man in black took him out before the target would know what hit him.

As they arrived at the last door he opened it and looked around outside. Then immediately closed it again as a lot of gunshots were heard. Bullets flew into the old steel door and it was apparent that the door would not last for very much longer. The man’s left hand grabbed a second gun, this one was a bit smaller. He reached out the gun towards Taeyeon and said.

“Here, take it, your gonna need it”. She took the gun. “Listen, when I open the door you are going to run straight towards the fence on the other side”. “When you arrive there you will see a hole, go through it and keep running”. “To what point?” Taeyeon asked. “At the other side back-up will be waiting” he said. “So do you understand what your supposed to do”. Taeyeon nodded “run until I’m out of harms way” she said. “Right and don’t hesitate, look around or stop no matter what” he said. He started counting ……3…..2…..1…..Go!

Taeyeon ran, faster then she had ever run before. Her heart was beating fast. As she left the door opening, bullets started to fly back and forward. But she didn’t pay attention to that, she just focused on running. “There it is!” the opening in the fence she could see it. “Come on, I’m almost there” she said to herself. As she reached the hole, she went through it and kept running. Up the sand dune into the dessert.

 

 

 

 

 

After going through the fence she saw two man also dressed in black outfits. Standing on the closest dune top. One had what looked like a steel bow on his back and the other a sniper rifle. She slowed down and then stopped when there was about 3 meters of distance left between them. The man with the bow on his back was about 1.82m tall, she guessed and greeted her first.

“Welcome, miss Kim” he said with a cheeky smile on his face (she could see his smile because these two men were not wearing partial face masks). “So how’s the little night party going so far”. “Did you see how our captain made mince meat out of those unfriendly buddies of yours”.

“First of all they’re not buddies or even the closest relatives of mine” Taeyeon said annoyed. "And secondly I think I now finally have the right to know who you people are?"

“Excuse me for my colleague’s behavior” the approximately 1.88m tall man with the sniper on his back said. Who also appeared to be annoyed by the man standing next to him. “Hi, I am second lieutenant Max Changmin” the taller man said. “And this man over here the self proclaimed funniest man on earth”. “Besides that he is also a lieutenant like me, if you would believe that”. “His name is Micky Yoochun”. “The man who just got you out of there is our captain, Jano Gotei”. Max continued, “along with six more colleagues of ours that are also active tonight, we form the team hired by the director of SBS Inc. to get all of you out of here”.  

“Aha, so Mr. Kim called you guys to come” Taeyeon said. “That is correct”, The taller man said in short. But before Taeyeon could ask the next question, a voice came up from behind her. “Micky, take the place down, we are done here”. The man she now knew to be a captain, came walking up the hill from the compound that she had been captured in.

 

 

 

 

 

He took his mask off and looked at Taeyeon and asked, “did you make it out alright?”. She nodded. “Good”, he said. He looked back at Micky with a questioned face and said, “Lieutenant, did you get my request”. “Yeh yeh “, Micky said. “One arrow of destruction coming up”.

Taeyeon didn’t understand what was going on. “Aren’t you going to need a little more than an arrow with a grenade to take that compound down?”. Micky smiled, “Don’t worry this is not just any arrow”, he said. Then he laid the arrow on the bow, pulled it back, aimed and there it went, disappearing off into the night sky.

“Could it be a dud”, Taeyeon thought. Just as she was thinking that a very loud explosion was heard BOOOOOMMMMM!!!! The night sky was lit up immediately as burst of flames shot up in the air. Then the ground started rumbling and shaking, it almost felt like there was an earthquake.

“Oh my god”, Taeyeon said as she watched. “Actually I was going for amazing!” But I guess oh my god will do for now”. For having said that, the man with the bow earned an annoyed look from both his colleagues. “Alright I guess we are back to serious then”.                                       

              

So here is chapter 3 Hope you likey :)