04 Black-Ops

Learning to Survive

On top of a sand dune

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Writers pov

After the explosion everything calmed down again. If there wouldn’t be a giant cloud of red tinted smoke in the air you couldn’t even tell anything had happened. That’s how peacefully quiet it became.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s pov

“We should start moving soon” she heard the captain say. Taeyeon looked at him. Since she now finally had the chance to examine him. She started to do what she did best, what she always did when she tried to find out more about a stranger. Reading him.

First she checked out his physical features. 1.83 m tall she estimated. “He’s got a strong body” she thought after looking at his muscle proportions. No weaknesses or war injuries as far as she could tell. He had dark brown hair “although the original color is probably black”. He was Korean she could see that too. Also the man could apparently speak flawless English since all his commands have been in English. “Now for the personal details” Taeyeon thought.

Taeyeon shifted her analyzing stare to his face and then focused on his eyes. “And now I will know every detail there is to know about you captain” she was thinking.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                          …

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                          …

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                          …

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                              

                                               Nothing

“What the hell is this?” she thought. “I can’t see anything”. “Nothing is coming to me”.  Usually it took only one glance. Sometimes she wouldn’t even have to look people specifically in the eyes. But this man was different, his eyes, “they’re empty” she realized in a flash. She looked at him again, this time without the analyzing focus and suddenly other things started to become apparent to her. Injuries he had none. No bleeding scars or wounds, even though he just took down an entire base on his own (Writer: everybody was already dead when Micky shot his arrow). Also there were no emotions on his face not even anger or hate or even the slightest form of irritation.

 

“This is very interesting” she thought. “I have never met anyone that I couldn’t read”.

 

“Are you okay?” the captain asked. Suddenly Taeyeon understood that the whole staring thing must have seemed awkward to everybody. “Cough”. “Yes… yes i’m, uh, fine thank you” she said as she looked away. “Come on regain yourself Taeyeon” she thought. “It's probably that my body is not working properly yet”.

 

“Max did you have contact with Xiah yet” the captain asked. “Xiah ?” Taeyeon asked. Is that another colleague of yours? Max nodded, “Yes and they have found the second location, but”. “But what ?” Jano asked. “Well their task did not go as smoothly as ours did”. “Also there appears to be quit the resistance there as we speak”. “Hold on” Taeyeon said. “What second location ?”. “Are you saying that you have found my colleagues? ”. “Yes I am” Jano said. “We knew were they where before we found out were you where”. “I Left my first lieutenant Xiah Junsu in command there so I could focus on finding where they were holding you”. ” I see” she said. “Wow, these guys sure work quickly” she thought in her head.

 

Suddenly Taeyeon heard a noise. “That’s him” Max said as he handed his communicator over to Jano. “Yes, what’s the status” the captain said formally. “We are making progress, sure but slowly” Xiah said over the phone. “We’re past the fences but we are not inside the compound yet”. “I see” Jano said. “Well we are coming your way now, we will be inbound in about a minute or 40”. “Copy that, although, by that time we’re probably done hear “Xiah said. “Got it, over and out” The captain finished.

 

 

“Okay, lets go then” Taeyeon said, she did not want to waste anymore time here. Especially when she knew her sisters could be saved.

 

 

 

Writers pov

40 minutes later….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s pov

She saw a building coming up. As they were running closer to it she heard gunshot’s repeatedly. “I guess they’re not done yet” Max said as he looked towards Taeyeon. “Yes, so it seems” the captain said.

 

As they slowed down, a man who Taeyeon guessed was the first lieutenant came walking their way. “Were not getting through as easily as I had hoped” Xiah said. “Ahhhhg, come on they can’t be that good, can they?” Micky said. “I mean they’re just a few dessert guys, they shouldn’t even know how to use hand guns?”.

 

 “They have been using rocket & grenade launchers, so it’s kind of tough to get through” Xiah said as he turned towards the captain, while completely ignoring Micky. “Also iv’e put U-know on a sniping position, but with just one sniper were not gonna get through quick enough”. “Then why don’t you just use automatic rifles or machine guns to take them out?” Taeyeon said. She was getting inpatient, she wanted her sisters out of there. “Because we don’t know which room your colleagues are in” the first lieutenant said. “Most of those walls are unstable and some of our bullets are of the kind of caliber that will go straight through”. "We might accidentally hit them". 

 

“Alright” the captain said. “Max, you go back-up U-know and make sure there’s a clear entrance in 3 minutes”. “Micky you go around the back and take sergeant Callen with you”. “We don’t want anybody running off telling people what’s happening here”.

 

Taeyeon saw Micky run off and Max jump through a hole in the fence to find his position. She was worried, she thought that when they arrived here her sisters would already be out of harm’s way. “Don’t worry” the captain said. “I will go in, in about three minutes”. “Also this time the rest of my men will be backing me up, so it won’t take long”. “Did I just see a smile on his face” Taeyeon thought, as Jano turned his attention back to the battle. It was faint, to anyone it would have gone unnoticed. But she saw it, on the corner of his mouth. “And if it was a smile? Did he mean it? Or was it pretend?” she thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Writers pov

2 minutes later.

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s pov

Taeyeon could see that the resistance was weakening. Most of the opponents were now running into the building trying to find cover. She looked over to where Max was positioned with his sniper rifle. He was pulling the trigger frequently, “is he actually hitting someone every time he shoots” Taeyeon thought. "Thats quite amazing". Just then she heard the captain’s communicator.

 

“Is it clear for me to go” Jano said. “Maybe, if you take some back-up with you” Max said. “Xiah and I can come with you and meet Micky half way inside there”. “I’ll make U-know and Jack fall back to here to cover us from behind”. “Okay, I’ll call Allen and Alex to cover with Callen on the back side” Jano said. “Get ready to go in 60 seconds”.

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon was watching as she saw the captain with Xiah and Max running over to the compounds front entrance. The first lieutenant put his shoulder against the door and then they went in. The moment they entered, Taeyeon could hear a lot of gunshots suddenly all over the place. She could see the enemy panicking as a few even came running out of the front door. But she saw them falling to the ground immediately as U-know’s sniper fired a few rounds.

 

After a minute or 5 it was quite. Then she saw U-know walking over to her. “I got word from Xiah that it’s safe and you can meet them inside” he said. “Right” Taeyeon said as she stood up, anxious to meet her sisters. “Just walk into the front entrance you’ll meet Max and Micky there” U-know said as he went back to his position.

 

U-know was right, as she went through the doorway she saw Micky standing in the dark hallway. This building was almost exactly the same as the one she had been captured in. The walls, the sealing, everything was made of concrete except for the doors. They were all made of thick steel, but they were old and rusty. Plus they now had lots of bullet holes in them.

 

“Were are they, did you find them?” Taeyeon asked, filled with worries. Micky scratched the back of his head, “well I’m not really a medic, you should go inside and ask max that question”. That made her even more worried. She looked at the door Micky was pointing at. After she tried to calm herself down a little she opened the door.

 

 

 

 

“Taeyeon is that you” she heard a weak voice say as soon as she walked into the room. It was tiffany, she was sitting close to the rest of her sisters. “O thank god your alright” Taeyeon said in relief. She actually wanted to start crying but forced herself to keep it together. She rushed over to the girls and started hugging them one by one. Then she looked at them and asked “are all of you alright”. They seemed to be in a pretty bad shape.

 

Taeyeon turned around and looked at Max. “Micky told me you’re a medic, is that true?”. “Well, I’m not officially a medic since I don’t have a license or anything like that” Max answered. “But I know my stuff, so I can help anyone out with pretty much anything”. “As long as it’s not too complicated” he said with a slight smile on his face.

 

“Okay then, did you finish checking up on most of them?” Taeyeon asked. She was still worried because the girls looked like they were beaten. “Yeah I did finish up on the last one just now” he looked at Sunny. “There is nothing really life threatening here” Max said. “But it’s gonna take a while for all of them to recover fully”. “Okay Thanks” Taeyeon said. She hugged Tiffany and Seohyun. “I guess we escaped a close didn’t we”.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

MWAHAHAHAAAA!!!!! and a new chapter is out :P 

Sorry (bows) i'm crazy like that sometimes.

Anyway hope you likey the new chapter.

Also I'm still wondering, should i do a little more character explaining?

If you want me to than tell me in the comment section :)

Okay now most of you must be wondering where Jaejoong is aren't you, well worrie no more because that's going to be a secret explained soon enough :0

But not now haha sorry :(

Gosh i really shouldn't be talking like this :( especially since i'm all new here :) 

Anyway hopefully you guys will be able to look past all my mistakes, again and still enjoy this chapter.

Now i know my chapters aren't very long and i'm still working on that (nods), but i will work harder on that too :)

So Thanks SOOOOO much for all the support and i Can't wait to see what you all think of this  :D  

Fighting!!!!!!!