Chapter 2

When Sandeul Stays Over

 
"So what did you learn at school yesterday, Sandeullie?" Sungmin asked while pouring some olive oil into a pan to stir-fry the garlic and onion pieces.
 
 
Sandeul frowned,"Piggybunny! I had no school yesterday. Its vacations.You don't remember?"
 
 
 
Sungmin absentmindedly nodded, reaching for some oregano from the shelf.
 
 
 
Sandeul whined,"You really forgot, Piggybunny?"
 
Sungmin snapped his head towards Sandeul and spoke apologetically,"Uhm, I'm sorry Deullie.What did I forget? "
 
 
Sandeul squirmed and punched Sungmin on the chest,with his small hands curled into fists,"Piggybunny and Uncle Kyuu are really made for each other. Both of you are dummies."
 
 
 
Sungmin gasped in pretend horror," Dummies? Yah Lee Sandeul!" 
 
He tickled Sandeul's tummy causing the small toddler to squeal and squirm. Sandeul giggled,"Yes, Piggybunny! The first time you came with Uncle Kyuu and me?"
 
 
Sungmin hummed in response, chopping the broccoli into small pieces. "I stole Uncle Kyuu's blueberry yogurt and Uncle Kyuu didn't even realise it!" Sandeul laughed merrily, recalling the incident a year ago when they had first met Sungmin.
 
 
Sungmin smiled amusedly,"Really now? Kyuhyunnie is so clueless? He isn't usually like that...."
 
 
 
Sandeul wriggled his eyebrows naughtily,"Do you know the reason why Piggybunny?"
 
 
 
Sungmin shook his head slightly, feeling a bit worried at Sandeul's sudden cheekiness. Sandeul laughed unable to contain himself,"Because Uncle Kyuu was too busy drooling at Piggybunny! He wasn't even blinking! "
 
 
 
 
Sungmin blushed violently and scratched his head awkwardly, unable to respond to Sandeul. Sandeul continued, enjoying spilling secrets about his Uncle Kyuu,"Piggybunny, and the time when you had a cold and fever?"
 
 
Sungmin perked up, very interested at these revelations about his lover. "Uncle Kyuu drove over to our home and banged on the door at midnight to beg for medicine from mommy." Sandeul laughed merrily.
 
 
Sungmin's eyes widened," Kyuhyun did that? No way!"
 
Sandeul continued," He was like a bull in a china shop. Mommy had to slap Uncle Kyuu to bring him out of his frantic state. He kept mumbling that Piggybunny had high fever and that there were no medicine sellers at night."
 
 
 
Sungmin had been unaware about this and listened intently to Sandeul's innocent blabberings. "He almost drove into the lampost in his hurry to get back to Piggybunny. Mommy recorded him on her phone." with that Sandeul burst into unstoppable laughter.
 
 
Sungmin just stared at Sandeul, making a mental note to ask Ahra Noona for the video.  'So my Kyuhyunnie had been so worried about me , huh?' he thought amusedly.
 
 
 
Sandeul spoke out again," A fortnight ago, Uncle Kyuu was troubling mommy to accompany him to buy you a present for your and Uncle Kyuu's anniversary."
 
 
 
Sungmin laughed," Kyuhyun did that? "
 
 
 
Sandeul nodded his head frantically," He pulled me and mommy into hundreds of shops in that scary mall, Piggybunny. Uncle Kyuu was so anxious that Piggybunny wouldn't like the present. Sandeullie was so tired that day. But then mommy carried me and Uncle Kyuu bribed me with Blueberry yogurt so it was okay!"
 
 
 
Sungmin grinned tossing the broccoli pieces into the frying pan.  Sandeul asked tilting his head cutely,"Did Piggybunny love Uncle Kyuuu's present?"
 
 
Sungmin smiled recalling the bottle of lily perfume, the assortment of his favorite lindt chocolates and bottle of wine that Kyuhyun had got for him that day," Of course I did, Sandeullie. Even if he hadn't given me anything, I would still love him just the same."
 
 
 
Sandeul made a face, causing Sungmin to squeak indignantly,"What? Its true!"
 
Sandeul pretended to throw up," That's so cheesy Piggybunny,yuck!"
 
 
 
Sungmin ruffled Sandeul's hair affectionately and turned to add some freshly ground pepper into the pan. Sandeul and Sungmin sneezed simultaneously as the pepper tickled their nose and they both laughed together.
 
 
The little duck asked curiously," What are you making Piggybunny? It smells so delicious!"
 
Sungmin grinned at Sandeul taking in deep breaths at the wonderful aroma,"Piggybunny's secret weapon!"
 
 
 
Sandeul looked cluelessly at Sungmin,"Sounds scary."
 
 
Sungmin flicked Sandeul's forehead lovingly," Do you want to help me wash the rice, Deullie?"
 
Sandeul's eyes were fixed on the saucepan kept at the dining table. He badly wanted to gobble up his Piggybunny's special pumpkin soup. The contents of the saucepan had been haunting him past half an hour ever since Sungmin had finished cooking it.
 
 
Sungmin followed Sandeul's transfixed gaze across the room and laughed knowingly,"Just few more minutes Deullie.Tell your little tummy to control itself for some more time okay?"
 
Sandeul sighed patting his tummy cutely and looked at Sungmin expectantly.
 
 
 
Sungmin poured out some rice from the packet into a shallow bowl and immersed the rice into the water.  Sandeul put his chubby hands into the bowl above Sungmin's and they washed the rice together, squeezing each other's fingers playfully.
 
Sungmin wiped Sandeul's hands with a napkin carefully before draining the water from the rice. He the pressure cooker after placing the rice and water into it. He picked up Sandeul from the slab near the sink and placed him on the floor. 
 
 
 
Sandeul stretched himself, and looked up at Sungmin expectantly. He glomped Sungmin's legs cutely and nuzzled his cheek against the fabric of Sungmin's jeans. 
 
Sungmin crounched down to Sandeul's level and said,"Deullie, sit on the couch,okay? I shall set up the table and then we will call Kyuhyunnie and eat together."
 
 
 
Sandeul pouted and whined adorably,"I want to help too, Piggybunny!"
 
 
Sungmin smiled and ruffled Sandeul's hair affectionately and spoke,"My Deullie is such an sweet boy."
 
 
 
Sandeul squeaked,"My Piggybunny is a sweet boy too! "
 
 
Sungmin laughed at the little duck's words and placed three spoons into Sandeul's outstretched hands. He untied the pink apron with cute frills from his waist that Kyuhyun had teasingly given it to him weeks ago. He folded the cloth carefully and placed it on the kitchen slab. 
 
 
Sandeul tiptoed to the dining table and with his eyebrows scrunched up in concentration placed the cutlery delicately beside the porcelain plates that Sungmin had arranged. He clapped his hands cutely, resembling an excited seal and jumped joyfully at the perfectly arranged dining table.
 
 
 
The pressure cooker suddenly whistled loudly causing the little duck to jump sightly in surprise, he spoke fearfully,"Piggybunny, stay back. There is a monster in the kitchen. I'll protect you Piggybunny~"
 
 
Sungmin looked confusedly at the little boy who flailed his arms, blocking him from entering the kitchen. Sungmin replied,"Don't be silly, Sandeullie. It's just the pressure cooker, there is no monster, see?"
 
 
 
"B-but.."
 
 
 
"Deullie, trust me okay?" laughed Sungmin, ruffling Sandeul's hair affectionately.
 
Sandeul whispered anxiously seeing Sungmin walking upto the stove to switch off the pressure cooker,"Be careful ,Piggybunny..." 
 
 
He clung to Sungmin's shirt and shuffled cautiously behind him,slightly trembling. Sungmin spoke,"There. It's all done now. Lunch is ready Sandeullie."
 
 
Sandeul breathed a sigh of relief causing Sungmin to tease amusedly,"You silly boy! What happened to my brave Sandeullie,huh?"
 
Sandeul whimpered,"He disappeared as soon as the cookwer screamed.."
 
 
 
Sungmin crounched to Sandeul's height and kissed him soundly on the cheek,"Let's feed the monsters in your tummy,okay Deullie?"
 
 
Sandeul nodded his head furiously and detached himself from his Piggybunny.He ran to the dining table and squirmed happily in seat, screaming excitedly,"Food, Food, FOOOOOD~"
 
 
 
 
Sungmin spoke lovingly,"Calm down little duck. Someone would think that you havent eaten all day.."
 
Sandeul replied with irresistable puppy eyes and pouting lips,"But Piggybunny, I haven't eaten since last night. Mommy did not give me any breakfast either..."
 
He twisted his fingers behind his back and looked pitifuly at his Piggybunny, batting his eyelashes in misery.Sungmin gasped in pretend horror," No way!"
 
 
 
Sandeul whimpered,"It's true Piggybunny.." 
 
 
He pinched his baby fat on his tummy and spoke miserably,"My tummy is not even as squishy as before. What is the cruel world coming to?"
 
 
He flailed his chubby arms that screamed of his non-existent 'problem' and sighed dramatically.
Sungmin smirked and spoke smugly,"That's not what the chocolate sauce stain on your shirt says, Lee Sandeul."
 
 
Sandeul yelped and covered his chest,scandalised that his precious Piggybunny saw right through his lie, he tried again,"T-that is a w-week o-old..."
 
 
 
Sungmin crept steadily towards the little duck in a slow antagonising manner,"Oh really?"
 
He brought Sandeul into a tickle attack causing the boy to squirm and giggle uncontrollably,"S-stop S-stop! P-piggy...."
 
 
 
Sandeul yelped, laughing from Sungmin's nimble fingers still working over the little duck's tummy,"O-okay... I a-admit. Sandeullie spoke a-an u-untruth.."
 
Sungmin removed his hands from Sandeul's waist and smiled smugly,"Good..."
 
 
 
He ruffled Sandeul's brown mop playfully and said,"Let's go and call your Uncle Kyuuu,shall we?" 
 
Sandeul shot up from his seat, and rushed forwards pulling Sungmin behind him,"Okay Piggybunny... Sandeullie's tummy is growling. Let's call Uncle Kyuuuuuuu~"
 
 
 
Just as Sandeul was about to knock on Kyuhyun's study, the door opened causing his tiny fist to hit his Uncle Kyuu's thigh instead.
 
Kyuhyun yelped indignatly,"Ouch, Sandeullie, Since when have you been so naughty,huh?"
 
 
 
Sandeul scratched his head meekly and apologized with pouting lips,"Sandeullie is sowwie, Uncle Kyuuu~"
 
 
 
Kyuhyun flicked the little boy's forehead affectionately and turned to Sungmin who spoke softly,"Kyuuu let's eat lunch now?"
 
Kyuhyun looked apologetically at his lover's sparkling eyes,"I'm sorry Min but I need to go to the office now. An urgent meeting has been called so..."
 
 
 
Seeing Sungmin frown he explained,"The client arrived to Korea three days than the scheduled date and wants to finalise the deal today.."
 
 
Sungmin pouted,"But Kyuuu..."
 
 
 
Kyuhyun interrupted kissing Sungmin's cheek softly in comfort,"I'll make it up to you, I promise~"
 
Sungmin sighed wishing that his lover didn't have to be leave,"Shall I pack lunch for you then?"
 
 
 
Kyuhyun replied, adjusting his suit with difficulty ,"It's okay, Min. I'll eat after I get home."
 
 
Sungmin swatted his adorable dorky lover's hands away and said teasingly,"Your tie,Kyuu! Why can't you get ever get it right,huh?"
 
 
 
Kyuhyu grabbed Sungmin's hand after the latter had finished knotting the tie properly,"Hmm maybe, I just want you to do it for me."
 
 
Sungmin pressed the fabric of Kyuhyun's coat with his palm, lingering his fingers over his lover's chest,"Uhh.. Really? My Kyuhyunnie~"
 
Kyuhyun brought Sungmin closer,pulling the smaller male by the waist grinned dorkily,"Yup~ What would I do without you, huh?" 
 
 
"Sandeul..? I think I see a rainbow from the window!" Sungmin spoke excitedly shooting a knowing naughty look to his lover. Sandeul rushed to the living room in a hurry, his feet making cute clicking sounds against the wooden floor.
 
 
 
Kyuhyun smirked,"So where were we, Mr. Lee?"
 
 
 
Sungmin looked at him teasingly,"I think you were about to kiss me, Mr. Cho~"
 
 
 
Kyuhyun grinned,"With pleasure~"
 
 
With that he placed his lips over Sungmin's bringing them impossibly closer. He moved his lips slowly relishing the sweet taste of his lover's bow-shaped lips. He wrapped his arm around Sungmin's waist, ghosting his fingers teasingly over Sungmin's lower back. Sungmin roamed his fingers into Kyuhyun's soft brown curls and kissed back passionately.
 
 
Before things could get to the next level, he gently pushed Kyuhyun away causing the taller to groan in protest. Sungmin placed another soft kiss to Kyuhyun's lips in comfort and spoke breathlessly,"You are gonna be late Kyuuu~"
 
 
Kyuhyun pressed his forehead to Sungmin's and cupped his lover's pink cheeks lovingly,"I love you, Sungmin."
 
Sungmin smiled softly leaning into Kyuhyun's touch," And I love you."
 
 
 
Kyuhyun pecked Sungmin's lips quickly and waved him goodbye,"I'll be home late. Don't wait up for me, okay?" 
 
Sungmin waved back affectionately and called out determinately," Good luck Kyuu~ Hwaiting!"
 
 
 
He closed the front door with a sigh and turned to Sandeul who was still looking out of the window. Sandeul pouted,"I don't see any rainbow Piggybunny~"
 
 
Sungmin stifled his laughter at Sandeul's gullible face,"Oh~ Let's have lunch now,okay Deullie? We'll can spot the rainbow later."
 
 
 
 
Sandeul left the window hurriedly and flung himself over Sungmin,"Piggybunny~ Uncle Kyuu is always working."
 
Sungmin sighed and ruffled the little duck's hair affectionately,"I know Deullie. I know."
 
 
 
After having lunch, Sungmin placed Sandeul onto the couch and switched on the television, causing the little duck to go into a trance immediately. Sungmin bit his lips in amusement and tied the pink apron around his waist.
 
He hummed lightly to himself, washing the dishes carefully.  He swiped the dishwashing bar over the plates, and soaked them into the water before rinsing it clean.
 
 
A sudden cute beep echoed the kitchen and Sungmin frowned at the disturbance. He washed his hands and patted them dry before peeking at his cellphone on the kitchen counter.It seemed that he received a new message.
 
 
 
From : Kyu_Kyu
 
I love you babe~ 
 
 
 
Sungmin grinned dorkily and shook his head in disbelief. He typed a reply amusedly.
 
 
To : Kyu_Kyu
 
 
I love being loved by you. ^^
 
 
His cellphone blinked again and Sungmin eagerly opened the new message.
 
 
From : Kyu_Kyu
 
What?! You won't say that you love me too? T_T
 
 
 
Sungmin giggled lightly and typed a reply.
 
To : Kyu_Kyu
 
Umm.... 
 
 
Hardly had a second passed than the cellphone beeped again. Sungmin chuckled at Kyuhyun's response.
 
From : Kyu_Kyu
 
Yah Lee Sungmin! How could you?!
 
 
 
To : Kyu_Kyu
I'm kidding babe~ I love you too ^^
 
 
 
From : Kyu_Kyu
 
My bunny is so evil. 
 
 
Sungmin smiled lovingly at Kyuhyun's adorable reactions and before he could type in a reply, Kyuhyun texted him again.
 
 
From : Kyu_Kyu
 
Just you wait until I am home! 
 
 
 
To : Kyu_Kyu
 
Alright  >///<
Good luck with the business deal! Hwaiting ^^
 
 
Sungmin sighed contently reading Kyuhyun's message.
 
 
From : Kyu_Kyu
 
Thanks babe~ See you later.
 
 
 
A few hours later, in the late evening, Sungmin tucked in Sandeul, who had stubbornly refused to go out and get some blueberry yogurt without his precious Uncle Kyuu.
 
 Sandeul snuggled with his Squirrel Princess.Well, Squirrel Princess was the yellow squirrel plushie that his Barobunny had given him as a birthday present a month ago. And Sandeul absolutely loved her. He couldn't sleep peacefully without hugging his Squirrel Princess protectively to his chest.
 
 
 
Sungmin kissed Sandeul's forehead affectionately, who immediately latched his chubby arms around Sungmin's nape, not letting him go. Sungmin nuzzled his nose to the little duck's and ,murmured,"It's time for bed, Deullie. Be a good boy and sleep,okay? Piggybunny will give you a reward in the morning~"
 
 
Sandeul blinked his eyes cutely and mumbled sleepily,"Reward?! Okay, Piggybunny, I'll sleep now. Sandeullie is tired and sleepy too."
 
 
Sungmin pressed in Sandeul's bedcovers, in such a way that Sandeul was cocooned with no part of his chubby body exposed to the air. Sandeul sighed blissfully and closed his eyes sleepily. Sungmin heaved a sigh of relief since it was almost like forty-five minutes since he had been trying to get Sandeul to sleep.
 
He obliged to all of the little duck's whims, not wanting Sandeul to feel uncomfortable, sleeping in a different environment, without his mommy and daddy kissing him goodnight. So Sungmin sang, even danced, and also had managed to squeeze in a small bed time story and finally Sandeul seems to be falling asleep.
 
 
 
He tiptoed out of the guestroom which was right across from his and Kyuhyun's bedroom and silently walked to the living room. He switched on the televison and tiredly stretched his sore limbs from running behind and playing with Sandeul the entire day.
 
 
He frowned on seeing the time, it was 9 o'clock and his Kyuhyunnie wasn't back home. 
 
Sungmin anxiously chewed on his bottom lip, hoping that his workoholic lover did not forget to have lunch or some snacks in between . A generous  portion of pasta in creamy mushroom sauce was currently resting on the kitchen counter, waiting for Kyuhyun. He flipped through the channels, trying to see something that would catch his attention.
 
 
 
He sprawled over the white couch lazily munching on some almonds and pistachio.  Without even realising, he soon fell into a deep slumber, and this was how Kyuhyun found him after returning home.
 
 
Kyuhyun reached home and walked tiredly up to their apartment. He fumbled with the keys and inserted it into the keyhole, hoping that Sungmin would have heeded his advice and not stayed awake like expected. It was quarter to twelve after all. 
 
 
Kyuhyun's eyes softened at Sungmin's sleeping form on the couch. Sungmin looked so exhausted and he mentally reprimanded his sweet lover for staying up for him. But he wasn't surprised, after all Sungmin was just as stubborn and caring for Kyuhyun as he was for Sungmin.
 
 
 
Not wanting to disturb Sungmin, he tiptoed to the kitchen and stuffed himself with the delicious pasta in record time and rapidly changed into his blue pajamas adorned with stars and planets. 
 
 
Kyuhyun then made way to the couch and with one arm wrapped around Sungmin's nape and the other around his waist, he silently lifted his cute lover and gathered him protectively into his arms.
Sungmin stirred but did not wake up. Kyuhyun walked towards their shared bedroom and smiled softly hearing Sandeul's soft snores from the guestroom.
 
 
He gently placed Sungmin on their bed and brought out Sungmin's pink pajamas decorated with  with hearts and bunnies from the closet. He brushed Sungmin's hair back from his forehead and kissed his cheek affectionately. 
 
 
Sungmin stirred feeling familiar fingers working on his shirt buttons, he mumbled drowzily,"Kyuhyunnie. You're back.."
 
 
Kyuhyun squeezed Sungmin's hand in reassurement and slide off Sungmin's jeans. He clothed Sungmin into his pajamas tenderly,treating Sungmin like he was a piece of glass, and slipped into the sheets beside him. 
 
 
 
Sungmin rolled over to Kyuhyun and pressed a soft kiss to the latter's lips,"I missed you,Kyuhyunnie~"
 
Kyuhyun nuzzled into the crevice of Sungmin's milky slender neck and hummed in response,"I missed you more, Minnie~"
 
 
 
Sungmin smiled blissfully and settled his head over Kyuhyun's chest who immediately wrapped his arms around Sungmin's waist and hugged him close. He stretched to the bedside and switched off the lights, enveloping their room into comfortable silence.
 
 
He sighed contentedly and then fell into deep sleep, after hearing Sungmin's steady breathing. Sure work was tiring and exhausting but returning back home,into Sungmin's arms was worth every sore muscle.
 
And Kyuhyun did not want it any other way.....
 
 
 
-tbc-