XXXII

The Casanova's Jar of hearts

LUHAN’S POV

          I was panicky when the thought of her misunderstanding things crossed my mind. I was about to call her when Kai called me.

           “Hello?” I ask. It’s so unusual.

          He chuckles, “How did the deal go?”

          Wrinkles start to form on my forehead, like, what the ? He knows that I truly love her and I gave the money back long time ago. What’s his problem?  “What do you mean?”

          He heaves a sigh and says, “Usual base. Right now.”


          I saw Kai drinking his alcohol. We’re here in our usual base. A bar that his family owns.

          He sips from his alcohol and leaned back against the bar table, sitting on a stool. “Are you enjoying the deal?”

“What do you mean? I don’t get you.”

           “Everything fell into place. How accurate.” He smirks.

          What?

           “So you finally realized that you’ve fallen in love with a geek. What happened to the Casanova? The Kingka?”

          I grunt, “It’s none of your business . Why are you bringing this up?”

           “It was all about the deal, I mean, the game. Actually you’re in it. You’re one of my chess pieces now that I can control anytime.”

          I didn’t respond, I stood there, analyzing everything.

           “Because, I hate it. My mom always reminds me like, Luhan this. Luhan that. Luhan. Luhan. Luhan. I’m never good enough for her. Then my ing dad surprised me that I will be marrying a girl I don’t even know once I turned 18. They’re controlling me. I’ve got no freedom. And one day, I thought, If they can do it to me, I can do it to anybody else too.” He smirks, “All of you are involved because you’re pride is so high. Everything started when you agreed to the deal. I kind of drag Kris in it but he’s so kind that he actually said yes to me. Awesome! Is it not? Mami came and ed your heart up and you lost your popularity. I am not being mean, I’m just enjoying my youth and... POWER.”

          I punched him right in the face causing him to fall on the floor. I yelled, “I don’t want popularity. It’s not my fault that I’m always better than you. I love her and I’ll risk everything for her. I thought we’re... f-friends?”  I want to cry but I can’t. Everything went so fast. I didn’t see that coming. And Kai’s like, my brother... but why?


          I went home abruptly. I let out a sigh as I dial her number. Please answer.

           “Who’s this?” she asked.

          I am sure she deleted my number. “This is Luhan. Can we talk?”

           “Sure.”

           “Amusement Park, 6pm.”

          She hung up as soon as I finished my sentence. She didn’t even say a word of approval. But whatever, this is now or never. I have to do my best to clear all the misunderstanding.

 

          I run to the amusement park and arrange everything. After bribing to the ferris wheel operator, he finally said yes. The line is planned.

          She comes after a few minutes. She’s wearing blue halter top and black shorts with pompoms. She’s changed.

          I lead her to the ferris wheel, and step inside.

           “I need to tell you something.” We say in unison. Her cheeks turned pink.

          Covering her face, she says, “Okay, go ahead.”

          A lump in my throat’s getting bigger and I don’t know how it will go but it. It’s now or never.

           “I need to clear things. Mami and I aren’t a thing, I mean—“

          She chimes in, “Why are you explaining? I mean, it’s fine. You like another girl and that’s totally fine.”

           “No, it is not. I don’t love her anymore. I said I loved her and that was million years ago. Nerd, believe me. I swear I’ve never been this in love before.” I insist, pressure building up inside me.

          She shrugs, “Is this included in your plans? Deal? Are there hidden cameras here?” she then covered her face and looks at every corner of the ferris wheel.

           “Please, this time. Believe me. I am telling you the truth. I am pouring my heart out to this confession. I love you. I really do.”

           “Then act like it. I am so sick of you making me fall in love and stab me right here.” She places her hand to her chest. “The worst part? You broke my heart several times but yet I still love you with the broken pieces. It hurts like hell and you don’t know what it feels like because you’re a jerk. You’re a player. You’re mean. And you don’t even have to try because everyone likes you. You’re the dream boy of every girl in the campus. You’re a Casanova, a kingka.” Tears roll out from her eyes.

          Holding her hand, I say, “I really am in love with you. I got too attached to you to the point that I get jealous easily. I envy Kris and Yonghwa because they’re the ones who comfort you. And I am here, breaking your trust, your heart. I regret everything I did. If I could turn back time, I would say no to the deal and love you faithfully. I am not here to ask any in return. I just want to say I love you so much. Sorry for everything and also, thank you for everything. Thank you because you made me realize that collecting girl’s hearts and tear their love apart aren’t nice.” I notice that my eyes are burning and tears are running down my face but I don’t care. It’s not time to be vein and be anxious if I look manly or not. I want her to hear these coming from my heart. I mean every word I say. “Thank you because I got the best Christmas present ever.” I reach for my pocket and show her a list.

 

1. He's a playboy. He's very observant.

2. He has so many flings and he's ert. kekeke. He protects me from erts.

3. Just there to tease you.  He does a lot of skinships. (holding hands) >.<

4. He's nothing but a lie.

5. he's just fooling around.

6. He will break your heart.

7. He will leave you sooner or later.

8.He's handsome but its the opposite of their attitude.

9. He's as slow as the Internet Explorer. (He has a brother cockroach.)

10. I love him  I will always love him. Always.

 

          Her eyes widened as I read it. “Where did you get that?” she leans on and tries to snatch the list.

          I push her a little back on her seat then wipe her cheeks with the sleeves of my sweater, I say, “I found this outside your house, in a box near the trash bin. I found the Keroro I gave you and gave it to Happy instead. It seems like you dumped me, literally though.” I chuckle. When I got that list, I quickly ran to the orphanage because Sister Jung Ah told me that you’ll come with Kris. I wanted to confess but you ditched me. And I know I deserve that. I watch you change. Your hair, your fashion, and the like. I feel like I am the most unfortunate but also fortunate guy on earth. You know what I mean? I’m the most fortunate guy on earth not because I am loved by the most beautiful girl in the world but because you love me unconditionally and the most unfortunate because I watched her die inside because of me.”

          She cries a river, still no reply.

           “You’ve had enough. I know. You don’t deserve me because you deserve someone better. I am doing this because I love you so much that I am willing to give you up. Don’t worry, after this, you’ll have your own peace of mind. I won’t bug you ever again. You can forget about me.”

          Silence surrounds us while we cry our hearts out.


SEOHYUN'S POV

          I stared at the list as he tells me his feelings. “You’ve had enough. I know. You don’t deserve me because you deserve someone better. I am doing this because I love you so much that I am willing to give you up. Don’t worry, after this, you’ll have your own peace of mind. I won’t bug you ever again. You can forget about me.”

 

You can forget about me

You can forget about me

You can forget about me

 

          Words echoed on my mind. My stomach clenches, feeling thorns on my heart, I thought, Why?

          After a moment, I finally manage to say something. “How?” Still looking at the ground with the list on my hands.

           “What?” He lets out a tiny voice.

          I look up with blurry vision, “How can I forget about you? How can I... unlove you?”

          He looks at me with glassy eyes, his nose is red and bags under his eyes are now visible. “I-I don’t know,” he mumbled.

          My thoughts drive me crazy. The thought of him leaving is unbearable. I’ve never been this in love. Just when I thought I was ready to give up... he showed his face to me and confess. It’s so hard like, can I just fall asleep and wake up when everything’s okay? Like in movies?

          After this ride, he will be gone. After we step out of here, he’ll be gone... forever.

          I gulped, swallowing my pride. I may sound desperate but, I will take risk. “Don’t leave me please...” I beg. Here you are down on our knees again. You’re pathetic, Seohyun.

          He helps me stand up, hugging me tight, he whispered, “I love you to the moon and back Seohyun.”

          HE SAID MY NAME FOR THE FIRST TIME. EVER.

          He told me to look at the transparent glass and saw city lights. It’s so beautiful and romantic.

           “Let me be the one to mend your heart. Let me be the one to love you more than you do.” He leans in and kisses my forehead. I smile like a kid.

           “What’s with the Seohyun thingy anyway?” I ask, pressing my lips together.

          Luhan scratches the back of his head. “I wasn’t over Mami when you came to my life. Her name’s So Hyun, right? Your name reminds me of—“

          Before he says a word, I kiss him. Not hard but passionately. I break the heated kiss, I say “I prefer Nerd.” He kisses me again on the ferris wheel surrounded by city lights and starry night.

 

“I love you.”

“I love you too.”

 

           I feel so special. I feel relieved because after a long time, I found home in his arms. This is where I belong. Suddenly, everything became romantic, like in movies.

 

          And tonight, Luhan and I are officially in a relationship.