XXXI

The Casanova's Jar of hearts

LUHAN’S POV

 

“Grab the chance while it’s in the palm of your hand.”

 

“I loved her.” I said full of confidence when Nerd dropped her drink and ran away. Everyone was shocked about the sudden walk out. I was going to run after her when Mami held my hand; looking at me with glassy eyes. Kris glared at me as he stood up and run after her, Yonghwa follows. I should be the one who’s chasing after her. Kai and Juniel panicked and went outside abruptly to find her.

 

“I’m gonna find her and make everything clear.” I stood up from my seat, ignoring Mami. Scanning the place but found no tracks of her. I decided to go to the dark part of the beach to see if she’s there. Shouting and yelling her name is the last straw.

 

“Nerd, where are you?” I yelled when someone grabbed my arm. I looked back though scared and it was Mami clinging to me before I speak, she put her finger in my lips; unable to speak.

 

“Was that true?”

“I said I loved you. But don’t assume.”

“What? You said it. So you did love me.”

“Yes, before you cheated on me. You replaced me with another guy. Oh come on, put your self together.”

“Can we bring back the past? Can we love each other again? Can't we?”

“You’re the one who dropped me. You dropped my happiness. You know what, Mami? I placed my happiness in your hands thinking that you’ll never leave me unlike my real parents. But what? You dropped me. I was the one who’s fragile.”

“Then explain to me why you didn’t say a word to me and moved to Seoul without my permission? I need an acceptable reason.”

“Because I was hurt. You stabbed me in the heart and spit on it after. Now tell me, why did you cheat? I need a clear explanation. I need an acceptable reason.”

“I’m sorry. I regret everything I did. I thought you were a guy without dreams, has no future and I didn’t like it when I think of having a family with a father like you. I’m sorry but I swear, I regret everything. Come back to me!”

 

She yelled as she cupped my cheeks and caressed it. She then lean on me and started kissing me. I held her shoulders and pushed her a little.

 

“Is this what you want?” I looked at her directly in the eyes even though it’s a bit dark. I didn’t wait for her reply and started kissing her. Hard.  She then started wrapping her arms around me and she’s kissing me back.

 

Breaking up with the heated kiss I said, “Now, do me a favor.” Fighting with my tears.

“what is it?” she asked burrying her face to my chest.

“Please, let me go. I love her. I really really love her.” I pushed her a little and bowed. “I’m sorry...”

“So, what’s the clincher?” she asked as she sits on the ground. Her legs wrapped around her arms while her face on her knees as she sobs.

“You see, I really love her. I’ve caused her so much pain and seeing her that way makes me die inside. I can’t stand seeing her crying. We shared our secrets and moments but that was a long time ago. We were so young back then. We should grow up. She gave me second chance and if I messed up this time, I swear I’m gonna regret it for the rest of my life. So please, I want you to let me go. I don’t want to do this but in the end, one of you will get hurt. It’s my turn to cheer her up. Mami... let me go.”

“If that’s what you want... fine then. I’m letting you go. But, will  you say my real name for the last time?” she stood up drying the tears in her cheeks.

 

“So Hyun.”


 

It’s been four days after the vacation and we’re back to regular classes. Mami let me go and I haven’t spoke to Nerd. She came back at the cabin with red puffy eyes. I tried to talk to her but she always ditched me. She only talk to Juniel and I found out that Kris confessed to her. It was midnight when Kris asked me to talk. His eyes are pretty red.


“Why are you such an ?” he says punching me on the left cheek.

“What’s with you?” I asked punching him back. “Really?”

“I got rejected.” He snorted. He sat on a rock and drinks his beer. I can sense loneliness and sorrow in his voice. He tries to smile but ended up looking like a retard.

“You’re lucky. She loves you so much that even when tears are streaming down her face, still insists that she’s okay and will never give up loving you.”

“Kris...”

“The first time I saw her, I saw something in her and day by day, I found myself falling in love. Maybe I was too late. I agreed on the deal and there’s no way to turn back. I watched her as she cries, I watched her bleed, I listened to her when she’s not okay, I dry her tears when she sobs, I give her a hug when she needs it. I was always the one who’s beside her when she needed someone to talk to. Why does it have to be you? Why can’t she see me like she sees you? Can’t feel me like she feels you? It’s so unfair.”

 

I watched him break down in tears.

 

“Kris, I’m sorry. I’ve been an . I messed everything up. I hurt her countless times. I was not there when she needed me the most. I am the reason behind her tears and I am responsible for breaking her heart but.." I took a sip of my beer  "I’ll be the one who will mend her broken heart. I will pick up the pieces and make her whole again. I am sure this time. I’ve never been this sure. I am not just in love with her. I am absolutely madly in love with her.”

 


 

 

I was going to the music room to practice a song when I overheard a conversation of Juniel and Nerd.

 

“You can’t run away forever Seohyun and you know that!” Juniel shouted while shaking nerd.

“Should I give up? What if he feels the same way? What if they didn’t kiss that night? What if Mami tripped and I misinterpret everything? What if...” Just before she continue her sentence, Juniel chimed in. “For God’s sake Seohyun! Compose your self together. You’ve gone crazy. I can’t bare to see you destroying yourself. Forget about the plan!” she hissed.

“Maybe you’re right...” she cried out loud.

 

And with that, I knew she was going to give up.

 


A/N:

i . ok forgive me. :----( !!! Ps. if u want a pic of mami, just google her real name: Mami Sasazaki