XXX

The Casanova's Jar of hearts

The next day, the cabin is surrounded by an awkward aura. I apologized to them but I still feel like it’s really awkward. I spent my day to the beach. I would sit under a tree, soak up the sunshine, swim or just rest. The moon came out and it’s time for dinner. The teachers said they’ll be eating in a resto so they told us to cook our own food. I really am sorry about the incident yesterday. But the thing is, Mami seems like she knew everything about Luhan. Why is that possible? She came here before the school’s fest and she knew deets about him? Hmm.

 

“Why is it so quiet?!?” Kai shouted brushing his fingers through his hair. “Let’s play a game then!” shouted Yonghwa who’s acting like a child.

Juniel came to me and says “Don’t worry. It’s not your fault. He’s okay now so don’t worry. Lets go and join the game.” She snatched the guitar that I am holding and put it on the bed. She then grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the living room of the cabin.

“What game? Body shot? Hell nah.” I shriek remembering the gross yet fun game we did yesterday. They seem to like drinking alcohol but me? nah.

“more like… truth or dare.” Kai smirks as he enters the living room holding an empty bottle, shot glass and a bottle of vodka.

 

We formed a circle and Kai’s the spinner. You’ll choose between truth and dare. If you’ll choose dare, you have to drink vodka and if truth, you must only speak the truth. Answers like ‘I don’t know’ ‘not sure’ ‘nah’ ‘nevermind’ etc are not accepted.

 

Kai spins the bottle and it stopped at Kris. He chose the dare and the second spin stopped at Juniel. “Truth or dare?”

“Truth” Juniel replied.

“Okay, did you do it?” Mami asked.

“Do what?” I asked; forgetting the awkward moment with her. Kai wrapped his arms around Juniel’s small waist and winked at us.

“yes.” Kai says.

“WHAT? Shut up, ert.” Juniel punched Kai right in the face. “We didn’t.” she says.

So she’s talking about . Truth’s pretty intense. I should pick dare. And it’s my turn. I chose dare. I can hardly drink or they call it ‘bottoms up’ because liquor tastes yucky. While I am drinking the alcohol, Kai spins the bottle and stops at Luhan.

“No shots for you. Pick truth!!!” Juniel shouted. Luhan seems like a very strong person when it comes to drinking alcohol. “Sure.” He nodded.

 

Oh my gosh! His half smiling face is showing! This is priceless.

“Okay, do you love…” Yonghwa asks when Kai chimes in. “Mami.”

 

There was a complete silence. I can hear the sound of my heart cracking. I’ve never heard silence quite this loud.

 

I loved her.” He says as I accidentally drop the shot glass.

 

I didn’t finish the drink. My face starts to feel warm, my eyes are burning, my heart’s cracking, my mind’s full of thoughts and bees stinging my heart. I heard them shout my name as I run away quickly. Is this really a vacation? Why do I feel like they have their eyes on me. Like, I’m always the target or it’s just me? My mind is full of ‘what if’s’ and I can’t really think properly. My sight’s pretty blurry because of tears that won’t stop from falling.

 

I stopped running when I noticed that I’m inside the forest. Not so far from the cabin but I’ve no light and I have no plan on going back to the cabin. I want to have a ‘me-time’ I want to listen to my own thoughts. I want to have a peaceful mind. My heart’s falling to pieces. I sob as I think of my own thoughts. They’re killing me. In the midst of my sobbing, I heard someone talking. I overheard their conversation. I peek through the trees and identified the voice. It was Luhan and Mami’s voice. I kept quiet as I listen to their conversation.

 

“I said I loved you. But don’t assume.”

“What? You said it. So you did love me.”

“Yes, before you cheated on me. You replaced me with another guy. Oh come on, put your self together.”

“Can we bring back the past? Can we love each other again? Can't we?”

“You’re the one who dropped me. You dropped my happiness. You know what, Mami? I placed my happiness in your hands thinking that you’ll never leave me unlike my real parents. But what? You dropped me. I was the one who’s fragile.”

“Then explain to me why you didn’t say a word to me and moved to Seoul without my permission? I need an acceptable reason.”

“Because I was hurt. You stabbed me in the heart and spit on it after. Now tell me, why did you cheat? I need a clear explanation. I need an acceptable reason.”

“I’m sorry. I regret everything I did. I thought you were a guy without dreams, has no future and I didn’t like it when I think of having a family with a father like you. I’m sorry but I swear, I regret everything. Come back to me!”

 

I can’t see them, really. All I can see is their silhouette. Mami grabbed Luhan’s face and started kissing him. No… I run away from my hiding place. They’re kissing. What is life? Really? Why do I have to see it. My sight’s really really blurry now and I can barely see anything. I don’t care anymore, I want to get away from this. I need a break from reality.

I’m running very quick when I bumped into something. I look up and it was Kris. He hugs me tight.

“Don’t say a word. I’ll be listening to you anytime. Just, pour it all out. I’ll listen.” And hugs me even tighter. The hug that will heal wounds on your heart.

 

KRIS’ POV

Seohyun ran away as Luhan said the words ‘I loved her.’ Referring to Juniel. This ing idiot! So insensitive like, he’s courting Seohyun? This ahole needs a punch in the face. He played with Seo’s feelings several times and wow, he has the guts to say it in front of her. Wow! I ran after Seohyun because Mami stopped Luhan from running. We ran after her real quick. Sheez, hope she isn’t going to the forest. It’s pretty dark there and of course there may be some insects there. Seeing her getting played and hurt is like my heart being torn to pieces. I searched for her everywhere for almost an hour! I think it’s time to go inside the forest. It gives chills though.

--

After searching, I heard a crack of a voice. Seohyun’s voice. I turned around and yes, it’s Seohyun rubbing her eyes, head’s down letting her bump unto me. Her soft and fragrant hair that reminds me of orchids and bamboos. Her long lashes that’s wet as well as her eyes. The red puffy eyes that suits her and her braces fits her. Everything about her is just perfect. I wonder how come Luhan can hurt someone as beautiful and as kind as her. I don’t get it.

She looked up and noticed that she bumped unto me. I hug her so tight. I am not taking advantage of the situation, I just want her to calm down and I’ll listen to her when she can talk properly cause the worst sound is the crack of someone’s voice knowing that they’ll break down anytime. We head to the beach and sat on a rock. I built a bonfire and gave her my jacket. She starts drawing in the sand.

“Thank you. Isn't it weird, you know? I always bump into you and you'll make me feel comfortable and calm me down just like when I sprained my foot and you carried me and when you were with Kai at the mall. You're my luck. Thank you.” She teases as she dry her tears.

“Don’t thank me for nothing.” I smiled. She’s really beautiful.

“Why can’t I just give up? I am tired of having feelings but still… I’m still holding on.” She smiled softly as she draw a stickman and put an X to it.

“Because you don’t want to. Even if you try.”

“Maybe…” still drawing an X to the stickman.

“Is that Luhan?” I asked looking at her. She looks exhausted.

“Yes. That who plays with my heart!” she exclaimed. She looked at me and asks “Why are you staring at me? It’s kind of embarrassing. I rubbed my eyes, I forgot I’m wearing a mascara.” She wipes her eyes with the jacket.

“You still look pretty.” Uhhh, why am I being so cheesy here?

“Are you mocking me or what?” she glared at me and pout like a kid.

“No, just saying the truth.” She didn’t replied and she stares at the drawing. A moment of silence pass by when I started talking.

“I don’t know but… why don’t you forget about him and look around you. I’m sure that you don’t deserve him. You deserve someone else. Someone who will love you endlessly and will take care of you. Someone who will put your happiness first before theirs. I’m sure there’s someone out there! You just have to look closely.” She tilted her head; having a knot on his forehead.

“I don’t know why either. Did he cast a spell on me or something? Or I’m just addicted with ‘hope’ ? Should I drink ‘reality’ to wake me up from this nightmare? It must be nice if I could rip my heart out of my chest so I wont feel pain anymore.”

“I swear to God, Seohyun you deserve someone else. Someone who will love you unconditionally and that someone is me.” I explained. This is the chance. I finally have the balls to say this.

"Kris..."

"I finally managed how to say those words. I am pouring my heart out." I want to yell but I didn't. Anytime soon my ribcage will break because of my heart beating so loud. My stomach aches; my hand sweats; feeling uneasy.

"I don't want you to be a rebound, Kris. I know that some other girl who is not as crazy as me deserves that.” She stood up and wiped her cheeks.

“I wish Luhan will look at me the way you do.” She smiled, and that smile convinced me that she is broken as because her lips smiled but her eyes didn't.

 

First try and got rejected. It’s more painful than I expected.