08.

An Autumn Story.

 

It was soon winter and the weather changed drastically. Seoeun was found bundled up under her blanket when Luhan dropped by her house one day. 

"Han Seoeun, are you still in bed?" He went over and peeked under. Seoeun smiled with her eyes closed and nodded. "Get up, we're going out today!" Luhan cheered but Seoeun just buried herself under the blanket again. "But it's cold and I'm lazy!" Her voice came out muffled due to the thick layer of blanket above her. Luhan just rolled his eyes and crawled into her cacoon with her. "It's Christmas today! I want to spend it with you." Luhan beamed and pulled her closer by her waist.

She groaned. If he'd put it that way she would've agreed. "I don't like you." She declared with a glare but her expression immediately soften as she started to whine. "You know I don't like going out in the winter unless necessary." 

"And spending time with me is necessary." Luhan stated. 

"Oh really?" Seoeun retorted with a smirk. "I don't think so though." She said innocently and looked into Luhan's eyes, which narrowed at her words. 

"So I'm not important to you? Okay, I get it. I'll leave now." He put on a straight face and stood up from the bed. Seoeun, feeling cold again from the loss of Luhan's body heat, chuckled and held onto his hand. "You leave and you'll suffer the wrath of Seoeun." She threatened and Luhan couldn't help but laugh. 

He slowly crawled towards Seoeun with a menacing smirk and she leaned back till her back hit the bed frame. "How about if you don't get up soon, you'll be the one suffering the wrath of Luhan?" 

"Yeah right," Seoeun bit her lips to stop herself from laughing. "And what can the almighty Luhan do to poor Seoeun?" She shot back and Luhan scoffed. "A lot, actually. Starting with this." 

He leaned in towards her with a smirk and placed his lips on hers gently. Seoeun smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck as he deepened the kiss. 

She had to admit, she loves his kisses. The way it made her heart flutter in a way she never thought it was possible with him, the way he nibbled on her bottom lip, everything. But tasting his minty breath made her wonder if hers was still acceptable or not, considering she hadn't brushed her teeth yet. 

"Seoeun, Luhan, I made breakfas-" Seoeun's mom suddenly came into the room and they immediately broke the kiss. "Oh, I see that I'm interrupting something. Silly me, I should've knocked." She giggled and stepped back slowly. "Continue, and don't come out till I get grandchildren!!" She winked and closed the door. The couple looked at each other before bursting out in laughter. 

"Sorry for my mom's... embarrassing behaviour." Seoeun pinked and Luhan just chuckled. "It's okay, I know her. So where were we?" Luhan's gaze dropped down to her lips again. As much as Seoeun want to taste those lips again, she knew she had to get up soon if she wanted to catch the first snow with Luhan. 

"I have to wash up first. It's not fair that you taste like mint while I still taste like morning breath." She pouted, feeling self-conscious now. "It's okay, you'll forever taste like lychee to me." Luhan grinned, referring to Seoeun's lychee-flavoured lipbalm, and leaned in again. Seoeun smiled as she kissed him back, but she knew that if they don't stop now, they never will. So she gently broke the kiss and rolled out from under Luhan, making him look at her in confusion. "No kissing till I wash up. Okaybye make yourself at home!" She hollered and ran towards the bathroom. Luhan laughed and shook his head at her and went downstairs first. 

"Oh Luhan, down so soon?" Mrs Han asked as she flipped a pancake. He pinked and sat down at the dining table. "Yeah, uh... we weren't doing anything actually, so please don't, uhm, misunderstand." He quickly explained and Mrs Han just laughed as she placed the pancake on the plate in front of him. 

"Aye I understand. I've known you since you were just 7 years old, Luhan. I trust you to be with my daughter." She gave him a motherly smile and patted his head. "Eat, before it gets cold!" She gestured to the plate and headed towards the sink. 

 

 

 

"We're leaving!" Seoeun shouted as she closed the door behind her. "So where are we going first?" She asked as she pulled on the strings of her winter hat. Her attire was a white oversized thick hoodie and jeans together with her Uggs and her winter coat over everything. 

"Where do you wanna go?" Swoeun thought for a while and snapped her fingers. "Let's visit ahjumma!" She beamed. 

 

"Annyeong ahjumma~" Seoeun beamed happily. The old lady looked up and smiled widely when she recognised her two favourite customers. "Aigoo, the weather's turning cold and you still want ice cream?" 

"Who said we have to buy ice cream to visit you?" Seoeun asked as she gave the ahjumma a hug. "But we'll still have the usual anyways. As you know, ice cream is best eaten in cold weather." She grinned and Luhan shook his head. "Same old Seoeun as always." 

After getting their ice creams, they announced the news of them being a new old couple and the ahjumma was beyond delighted. 

"See what I told you!! I knew you would end up together. Ha! Aren't I a smart old woman." She praised herself and laughed gleefully. "This round's on me, since you guys brought me the news I longed to hear the most." The ahjumma offered and shooed them away. "Now go on your little date and don't worry about me~" This left them no choice but to get on with their date. 

"We'll visit soon, ahjumma!" Seoeun gave her one last hug before waving goodbye. She slipped her hands into Luhan's naturally and left towards their next destination. The ahjumma sighed with a smile and laid back into her small chair. "Don't you think they remind you of us, old man?" She whispered to herself and watched the disappearing figures of Seoeun and Luhan. "I hope you're happy, wherever you are. Because I can't be entirely happy without you." 

 

As they were walking along the Han River, a speck of snow dropped onto Luhan's nose and Seoeun noticed it. She pointed to his nose and gasped excitedly. "The first snow!! It's here!"

The first snow was late that year and it only came on Christmas. Which was a good thing for the couple since they caught it together. 

Soon, the whole place was filled with white snow and the whole place was turning white. It certainly was a magical feeling when you catch the first snow with your loved one. 

"Make a wish!" Seoeun nudged Luhan excitedly and clasped her hands together before closing her eyes. Luhan chuckled to himself and did the same as her. 

When they were done, Seoeun turned to him and asked, "So what did you wish for?" Luhan smiled and tapped her nose with his free hand while the other was intertwined with hers. "If I tell you, it won't come true." 

She pouted and huffed. "Fine, don't tell me then." He laughed at her childishness and pulled her in for a back hug. "If you tell me then I'll tell you." He bargained while resting his head on her left shoulder, watching the snow fall freely from the sky. 

Seoeun pondered for a while and bit her lip. "I wish... that we would be always be together." She smiled as her face flushed red from the cold and from the shyness she was feeling, saying her wish out like that. 

"Luhan looked at her with raised eyebrows and a soft smile came on his face. "That's what I wished for too." 

She looked back at him. "Really?Woah, does that count as telepathy then?" He laughed and tightened his hold around her waist. "We've always had telepathy. I guess making wishes is not an exception." He placed a small peck on her cheek and stared out at the view of the river with Seoeun in his arms. 

 

That night, Seoeun was craving for some kimchi chigae and they went to a small shop near their houses. 

"One kimchi chigae and one bean paste soup!" Luhan shouted as they settled down into one of the available tables. The chef behind the counter gave him an okay sign and Luhan smiled back as a thanks. 

Soon, the food arrived and Seoeun rubbed her hands together in glee. "Hot soup in such cold weather is the best. I'll eat well!" She shouted loud enough for Luhan to hear and immediately dug in. He chuckled at her pig behaviour, wondering why he fell for such a girl, and began digging in to his food as well. 

"Luhan," Seoeun called halfway through the meal, after drinking one spoonful of soup. Luhan looked up and tilted his head in confusion. "Let's switch." Seoeun smiled sheepishly and he rolled his eyes with a smile. Nonetheless, he still switched with her. "There, happy? You're lucky I know you want to switch somewhere in the middle." 

"Which is why you're the best." she gave him a peck on the cheek and began eating the bean paste soup. 

 

"So did you regret coming out today with me?" Luhan asked as they walked home, hand in hand. Seoeun swung their intertwined hands back and forth and smiled. 

As much as she didn't like coming out in the winter, she was glad she spent the day with Luhan and nobody else. 

She nodded and stopped walking suddenly, snapping her fingers with a surprise face. "What? What is it?" Luhan asked worriedly when Seoeun searched for something frantically in her bag. "Did you forget something at the shop? We can go back and check." He suggested, knowing how careless she could be. 

"Jjan!!! She pulled out a small A5-sized scrapbook and handed it to him. "Merry christmas!! I wanted to give you just now but it kind of slipped my mind..." she trailed off sheepishly.

Luhan smiled and read the words written on the front cover. 

 

"EunHan's memories ❤" 

 

"I know you don't like me spending money, so I got you this instead. I hope you'll like it; I put a lot of effort into it!" Seoeun exclaimed as he flipped through the pages, his smile growing with every page. 

 

"First time meeting 020113"

 

"First day of school together 020114"

 

 

Every page was of their moments together and with small cute captions written by Seoeun herself, which made the book more special to Luhan. 

"Thank you, I love it." He finally looked up with a smile and locked eyes with Seoeun, who blushed at the sudden eye-contact. "I have your present now, too. I was planning to give it to you later, but since you gave me mine now," he felt around his pockets and smiled. "Close your eyes." 

Seoeun was excited and she bit her lower lip lightly before closing her eyes. Luhan pulled out a necklace with a ring on it and hooked it on for her. 

She felt something around her neck and when Luhan said it was okay for her to open her eyes, she looked down and saw a ring on a necklace around her neck. She looked at him eith a questioning gaze before she smiled when she saw how embarrassed Luhan was. 

"What's this for?" She asked and Luhan cleared his throat before stepping closer to her. 

"It's a promise ring, to promise that I'll always be here with you no matter what." He grabbed her hands and looked into her eyes. 

"I know you can't wear any rings when you're working at that café and how careless you could be, so I made it as a necklace so you can always wear it. And I know you have sensitive skin, so I chose the non-metal type instead." 

Seoeun's eyes welled up with tears and she flung her arms around Luhan. "What did I do to deserve such a good boyfriend like you?" She said between sobs and chuckles and pulled back. 

Luhan wrapped his arms around her waist and laughed. "Nothing, so you better start doing good things to me now to gain good karma and keep me by your side!" Seoeun rolled her eyes and pecked his lips. "I love you."

Luhan smiled and kissed her more deeply. "I love you too." 

 

~~~~~

kyaaaaa it's the end already!!!! Like finally LOLOL im not good at endings so I hope this is okay~ thankyou for reading the short story and i hope you liked it!! ❤❤❤❤❤