02.

An Autumn Story.

It was around the middle of autumn, the time where it's easy to fall sick. 

Luhan was over at Seoeun's house for the weekend as her parents were on a holiday and they didn't trust her to be alone at home, even though she's 18 this year. Luhan understood why and agreed to take care of her ((and the house)) for the weekend. 

"What's with your finger?" He asked when he saw a bandage on her right forefinger. "Oh, this? I sort of cut myself while cutting carrots yesterday." She admitted sheepishly and Luhan shook his head. Trust the clumsy one to cut herself while cutting food. 

"Hurting yourself the first day your parents aren't around. No wonder they didn't trust you to be fine alone." He reprimanded and knocked Seoeun on the head. It was a habit of his, really. 

"It's not my fault I'm clumsy." She pouted and rubbed her head. "Oh well, at least you're here with me to stop me from doing stupid things." She shrugged and walked towards the kitchen. "You want Campbell soup? I'm cooking." She shouted. "Sure, why not?" He agreed and the tv to pass time while waiting for Seoeun to cook the canned soup. 

If you think that cooking canned soup is absolutely harm-free, especially when you had cooked it a dozen times, you're absolutely wrong. 

Seoeun ran out of the kitchen holding her left forefinger and searching frantically in the drawer for a bandage. "What are you looking for?" Luhan asked and she held out her bleeding finger. His eyes widened and he pulled her towards the bathroom immediately. 

"How the heck did you manage to do this?!" He asked incredulously while placing her finger under running water. 

"I was opening the can and the lid sort of sinked in and I tried opening it with a spoon but it's still stuck so I... sorta... used... my hands..." She trailed off slowly as she felt stupider by the second under Luhan's stare.

"Seriously, have you ever used your brain? Which idiot would use their hands to open can lids?!" He said exasperatedly and turned off the faucet. 

"Apparently, me?" She answered as-a-matter-of-factly and immediately shut when Luhan glared at her.

"Press down on your wound to stop it from bleeding. I'll go get a bandage for you." he told her as he wrapped a tissue around her wound. "DON'T. MOVE." He warned as he disappeared out of the bathroom.

Seoeun sighed and sat down on the toilet seat after putting the lid down. As Seoeun was reprimanding herself for being so stupid, Luhan came back with a box of bandages.

Luhan kneeled in front of her and took her injured hand. “It’s still bleeding. Gosh how deep did you cut yourself?” He furrowed his eyebrows and pressed the tissue back on her wound. Once he was sure that it stopped, he pasted the bandage on it.

“Sorry… for causing you trouble and… thanks.” Seoeun mumbled and Luhan looked up. “I must be a burden, huh? I’m troubling you everytime and you still take care of me no matter what.” She continued and lowered her head, feeling guilty.

Luhan knocked her head. “Aye, if you didn’t need me to clear your mess you wouldn’t be Seoeun. And besides, I’m glad to be by your side.” He said with a smile and Seoeun looked into his eyes.

Time seemed to stop for them as they couldn’t look away from each other. For Seoeun, this was a new feeling she felt around Luhan for the first time in the 14 years that they’d known each other.

Just as Luhan was about to lean in, the doorbell rang and Seoeun jumped up. “Oh! The pizza I ordered earlier. I’ll go get my wallet!” She exclaimed and ran out of the bathroom with a racing heart.

Luhan’s gaze followed Seoeun and he glared at the front door when Seoeun disappeared into her room. “Way to pick a timing.” He sighed and got up.

“Sorry, how much is it-“ Seoeun stopped at the bottom of the stairs when she realized the pizzas were already on the dining table. “You paid already?” She asked Luhan who was already eating one slice. “No, the guy just decided to give it to us for free.” He replied sarcastically and she rolled her eyes. “Fine. Thanks for the dinner!” She grinned and jumped on the couch next to Luhan.

She took a bite out of the pizza in her hands and smiled in satisfaction. “I should order this next time, it’s nice!!” She said with full, so it sounds like gibberish to most people.

“Wanna try?” She held out hers to Luhan and he took a bite as well. He nodded his head in approvement and Seoeun grinned. “Told ya.”

 

 

Seoeun was on the floor writing in her journal when she let out a sneeze followed by a cough. She was about to dismiss it as nothing when her head hurt like hell and she had to stop whatever she was doing. Luhan saw her looking very uncomfortable and walked towards her. “You okay?” He asked and she nodded slightly. “Yeah, just a little headache. It’ll pass soon.” She assured him as the pain slowly subsided. She continued writing her journal when a few more coughs emerged from and the headache was becoming more and more frequent.

Luhan, who was sitting behind her on the couch, looked at her worryingly and tapped her shoulder. “Come here.” He patted the space beside him and she went over, stumbling a bit. She made it to the couch safely and Luhan placed his hand on her forehead. “You’re burning up.” He told her and dashed towards the kitchen.

When he came back, Seoeun was lying on the couch with her eyebrows furrowed and eyes closed. He helped her up and laid her head on his shoulders while passing the pill and the glass of water to her. “Here, this should help the pain subside.” She ate the pill and laid back down on his shoulders. “I feel horrible.” She confessed and he her hair. “Just sleep, you’ll feel better when you wake up.” He sang her favourite song and just like a lullaby to her ears, Seoeun fell asleep.

 

~~~~~

so I was idiotic enough to cut myself for two days in a row LOLOL and yeah the can thing happened to me fml LOL and if you were curious about what Luhan sang to Seoeun, it's Rainbow by Jay Chou <:

 

you can listen to it here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYgRd09Wx6E