07.

An Autumn Story.

 

Seoeun laid on her bed, thinking for the whole night. She knew it was really bad and rude of her to run away from Luhan's confession, but she couldn't help it. 

Did she like him?

She didn't know. 

All she knew was she didn't want to hurt him; although running away was probably hurting him already. 

"What to do, what to do?" She touched her lips and mumbled to herself. Just thinking about the kiss earlier made her cheeks flame up.

Thank god her family didn't question her weird behavior when she reached home that night. She wouldn't know how to explain anything. 

It was soon daybreak, and she decided that maybe a bath might help her. 

She stepped into the water and sighed as the warmth enveloped her. She relaxed and scrubbed herself as she tried to forget Luhan's abrupt confession to her last night, but Luhan's face appearing in her mind every 5 seconds wasn't helping at all. 

How was she supposed to face him now? *Damn it, even when Chanyeol confessed I wasn’t this flustered. What’s wrong with me?*

Seoeun snapped out from her thoughts when she heard a knock on the bathroom door. "Seoeun-ah!" Her mother called out. "Luhan's here!" Her eyes widened when she heard his name. 

* . He's here? Now? Early in the morning?! But I'm not ready to face him yet!* She panicked in her mind. 

"Seoeun? Are you alright in there?" Her mom asked when she heard no response. "Y-yeah, I'm fine, mom." *Not really.*

"Did you hear what I said?" She asked and Seoeun quickly replied, not wanting to hear his name for the second time. "Yeah, I'll be down soon."

"Okay. Hurry up, he's been here for a while now." Her mom shouted and went down. Seoeun dipped her face into the water and tried to scream out her frustrations. 

 

She went down after another 10minutes dressed in a casual tee and shorts. Luhan heard her footsteps and turned around.

"Took you long enough. Did you drown in the tub?" He teased and Seoeun slapped his arm when she was next to him. "Yah! I do not take a long time in the bath okay! I just included my business time in it as well." She answered as-a-matter-of-factly and Luhan smirked. "Sure, whatever you say~" He sing-songed and went into the kitchen. 

Seoeun looked at his back view and smiled before following him. At least it wasn't as awkward as she thought it would be. 

 

That afternoon, Luhan brought Seoeun out for lunch and they were just strolling around casually on the streets of Hongdae. "Ah, so full~" Seoeun patted her stomach in glee. "Let's go get ice cream!"

Luhan looked at her and laughed. "Are you serious? You just said you were full!"

"But it's ice cream we're talking about! Ice cream!" She shook his shoulders dramatically. "We should always have space for ice cream." She said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Luhan just rolled his eyes and shook his head firmly. "Nope. Not gonna bring you there." Seoeun pouted. "Aw, why not?"

"Because you haven't gave me an answer yet." She froze when the words escaped from his mouth. Luhan sensed the change of atmosphere and sighed heavily. "Look, I'm not asking you to answer me now; I know how much you hate rejecting people. But, just... can you please don't run away from me like last night?" He looked into her eyes. 

*I didn't run away because I don't like you, stupid!* She screamed in her mind but wasn't saying anything. She was just staring back at him. 

"Let's just... go... get ice cream." Luhan smiled and left her standing there. When he realised that she wasn't moving, he sighed and went back to pull her hand. "Come on, I bet ahjumma misses us." 

 

"Oh! You guys are finally here! I was starting to think that you forgot about this old lady." The ahjumma pouted and Seoeun ran over. 

"How could we forget about you? You're the source of my happiness." Seoeun beamed, pointing to the different ice creams in front of her. "Aish, you." The ahjumma shook her head with a smile and started scooping the ice creams.

After talking a while with the ahjumma, Luhan and Seoeun went on their way and Seoeun was feeling awkward again.

*How am I supposed to act around him now? Like before? Or should I stop with the skinship thing? Aish this is so frustrating!* Luhan sensed her uneasiness around him and tried to make her feel less self-conscious.

“Yah,” he poked her waist and she jumped. “Hey! You know I’m sensitive!” She pouted and Luhan couldn’t help but laugh and tickle her some more. “This is what you get for being quiet and ignoring me!” Seoeun jumped around trying to avoid his attacks and giggled.

“I wasn’t ignoring you!!” She said in between laughs. They were just like two kids playing around on the streets and attracted quite a bit of attention.

“Aw look how cute they are!”

“Aigoo, such a nuisance on the streets!”

Some passersby commented when they saw them playing by the streets. Luhan surprised Seoeun with a sudden backhug, earning coos from the young couples that were walking past them at that moment. “Then why are you so quiet?” He whispered by her ear and she felt shivers run down her spine – good kind of shivers, of course.

She smelled a whiff of a very familiar smell and smiled when she realized what that smell was. “You’re using my prese-“ She slightly turned her head, only to be surprised by how close Luhan’s face was to hers. “Yes, I’m using your present. I like it a lot. Thanks.” He looked into her eyes and smiled.

Seoeun felt like she was under his spell again. And when he started leaning in, she suddenly realized where she was and what were they actually doing. “Y-yah, let go! We’re in public!” She flushed under the attention and from Luhan’s earlier actions and tried prying off Luhan’s arm. Luhan chuckled and tightened his grip around her waist.

“Nope, I’m never letting you go.” Seoeun caught the hidden meaning under his words and hid the growing smile by biting her lips.

After struggling for a while, she gave up, knowing she could never win him in this. “Fine, but can you at least tone it down a little? This is a little too attention-seeking, don’t you think?” Seoeun asked, nodding her head subtly towards the crowd that was slowly forming around them.

“I actually like the attention, at least you won’t ignore me.” He smirked but his expression softened. “But since you don’t like attention, I guess I’ll have to give in.”

He let go of Seoeun’s waist and held her hand instead. He smiled down at her and she smiled back, trying to stop her face from blushing but failing miserably. *Aish, why am I feeling this way? Do I really like him?*

 

They went to a noodle shop to have dinner after walking for the whole day. Seoeun ordered jajjangmyun while Luhan tried the ddeokbokki ramen.

“Yay! Itadakimasu!” Seoeun greeted and dug in her noodles happily. Luhan shook his head and dug in as well. “Why are you acting all Japanese? Can’t you just say ‘I’ll eat well’ like a normal Korean?” He asked. “What? I like being different.” She stuck her tongue out and continued eating her noodles.

Luhan noticed a stain on the side of her lips and reached over with the napkin. “Aish, how many times do I have to tell you to eat properly?” He wiped it away and smiled proudly when it’s cleaned. “There. All clean. Now eat properly, would you?” He told her and continued with his noodles.

Seoeun saw a stain on the corner of his mouth as well and scoffed. “And you call me a messy eater. You’re not anywhere better, you know.” She scrunched her nose and wiped his mouth with her napkin. When she was done, she looked up, only to meet with Luhan’s gaze. It was soft, like he had questions to ask but didn’t dare to say anything.

She cleared and shifted in her seat. “L-let’s eat.”

 

Luhan was finishing with his bowl while Seoeun’s was still half-full, which was weird since she always finishes her food in the speed of light. She kept glancing between her bowl and Luhan, and sighing quietly every few glances.

She played with her noodles and glanced up to see Luhan again before going back to playing with her noodles. “You know, if you don’t finish that soon it’s gonna turn hard.” He commented, not looking up. Seoeun stared at him and sighed again.

Luhan placed his chopsticks down and grabbed her hands that were on the table. “If you have anything to say, just say it. You know I’m here for you.” He comforted and she took a deep breath before continuing.

“Luhan, I know my answer to your confession now. Do you… want to know?” She looked up to meet his eyes. His smile faltered for a bit but he still smiled. “Tell me.”

 

“I…” Luhan bit his lip as he anticipated her answer. 

 

“I’m… willing to be your girlfriend, Luhan.” The grin on Luhan’s face after her confession was unforgettable to Seoeun; she had never seen him so happy before in all those years that they’d known each other. He went over to her side and gave her a hug. “I knew it. I’m so happy right now, Seoeun. I almost thought my guess would be wrong.” He murmured into her hair and she raised an eyebrow. “Guess?”

“I guessed you ran away from me yesterday because you’re confused and that deep down in your heart, you love me too. It’s just that you didn’t know that.” He told her. “And how would you know that?” An amused smile played on her lips.

“Because after all the skinship I did with you today, you still didn’t push me away like some plague shows that I’m right. Plus, I’m your best friend. Of course I know all these.” He answered proudly and placed a quick peck on her lips. “And now, I’m your boyfriend as well.” He smiled and claimed her lips again. This time, she kissed back.

 

~~~~~

Updated! Hope this chapter's okay. So sorry for the late update!