03.

An Autumn Story.

 

“Please?”

“No.”

“Pretty please?”

“No.”

“Prety please with a cherry on top? Pleaseeeee~” Seoeun pouted cutely and tried to make her eyes water. Luhan looked away and walked around in circles in her house to avoid her aegyo attacks while she just followed behind him like a lost puppy.

 “I said no! And don’t try that on me; I’m not gonna fall for it.” He tried to ignore the clinging Seoeun that was gripping onto his arms.

It was Sunday and Seoeun’s parents were supposed to come back tomorrow. She was feeling better already under Luhan’s intensive care and was dying to go out for some air.

That boy should just go be a nurse or something.

 “Cmon~ It’s just shopping!! You never go shopping with me before and my other girl friends aren’t free, that’s why I asked you. Cmon pleaseeee~ It’s just gonna take an hour!”

She pleaded and Luhan looked at her skeptically. “Are you sure it’s just gonna take an hour?” He raised an eyebrow. “Hmm maybe more…” She thought about it. “…But I promise it’s gonna be a painless shopping experience! I swear! I just need to get a dress.” She bit her lower lip and looked at Luhan earnestly. With a sigh, he gave up and headed towards the door. “Fine, let’s go and come back soon.” Seoeun cheered at the back and ran to catch up with him.

 

 

“How is this painless again?” He panted as he chased after her from shop after shop. “I feel fine though. Why do you look so haggard? We’ve only been here for 30 minutes.” She mused and he glared at her, still catching his breath.

“Because everytime you go into a store, you disappear and I had to run everywhere to find you and-“ He raised his head to find that she wasn’t in front of him anymore. He groaned and went into the shop next to them to find her.

“Can you stop running everywhere?!” He warned and Seoeun just held out a pair of earrings. “Look! Aren’t they pretty?” She grinned and Luhan’s face was just expressionless. “Aren’t you supposed to find a dress?” He asked her and she placed the pair of earrings down sadly. “Fine, let’s go.” *But it was so pretty though. Aye, focus Seoeun!*

They went to different clothing stores, and Luhan disapproved of every dress Seoeun picked.

“Too classy.”

“Too weird.”

“Too… englishy.”

“Too revealing!! God go change!!”

Seoeun sighed as they went into the last store selling clothes in the mall. “You are worse than my mother.” Seoeun shook her head. She tried on countless dresses from previous stores but he rejected every one. “Well, this is the last one.” She sighed. “Let’s hope we find a dress you’d approve here.” Luhan just rolled his eyes and ushered Seoeun in. “We should get this over and done with.” Now it was Seoeun’s turn to roll her eyes. “Says the person who rejected every dress I chose.”

She picked a few dresses and proceeded to go change in the changing room while Luhan waited outside. He was looking around for some other dresses for Seoeun when he heard the click of the door. “How’s this?” Luhan turned and was captivated by Seoeun.

She was wearing a simple white non-sleeved dress with a red belt around her waist. She twirled around and waited for Luhan’s response. She actually liked this dress a lot, so she was hoping he would like it, too.

“Well?” She snapped her fingers in front of his face and he snapped out of his daze. “Y-you look wonderful. You should get this.” He stuttered and Seoeun beamed. “Really? You really approve of this dress? YES FINALLY A DRESS YOU SAID YES TO!” She jumped in joy, earning questioning gazes from everyone in the shop but she couldn’t care less. Luhan rolled his eyes at her childishness and held her arms to stop her from jumping. “Yeah, yeah. Now go change.” He shooed Seoeun back into the changing rooms and proceeded to the counter. “How much is the dress?”

Seoeun came out with the dress in her hands and she handed it back to the salesgirl when Luhan appeared beside her and dragged her away. “Hey I haven’t bought the dress yet!” She exclaimed and Luhan showed her the shopping bag in his hands. “I bought it already. Now, since you’re done with your shopping, let’s do mine.” He gave her a smile and pulled her out of the store.

“You? Shopping?” She let out a small laugh. “What kind of shopping are you gonna do?” Luhan gave her a lopsided smile as he looked at the displays of each store.

“Hmm… If you were a girl, what kind of gift would you like to receive from your boyfriend?”

“FYI, I AM a girl, if you hadn’t notice.” She rolled her eyes but suddenly got excited again. “omo, you have a girlfriend?!!” Luhan just gave her a look. “Not really. But I’m planning to confess to her soon, on her birthday maybe.” This made Seoeun jump even more than when he said yes to the dress.

“Ohmygoshohmygosh YOU HAVE A GIRL YOU LIKE?! AND YOU DIDN’T TELL ME HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME ARE YOU EVEN MY BEST FRIEND?!” She screamed and made Luhan jump in circles with her as well, making them look like monkeys that escaped from the circus in the middle of the walkway.

“Hey hey. HEY! I’M GETTING DIZZY!!” Luhan screamed while laughing and Seoeun stopped. “Oops.” She smiled sheepishly. “So who’s the girl? Is she in our school?” She asked and Luhan thought about it while looking at some accessories. “Yeah. She’s in your class, too.” This made her spazz even more. “Who? Sungmi? Jaekyung? Minyoung? Oh, or that extremely pretty but y Jaemi?” Luhan laughed at her and knocked her head. “Can you stop with the 20 questions and tell me what kind of gifts does a girl like when getting confessed to?”

Seoeun rubbed her head and thought hard. “Maybe some simple accessories – like earrings or bracelets or even necklaces. If she likes anklets then you can get her that, too.” Luhan nodded and went into a jewelry store.

“How about this?” He pointed at a charm bracelet and asked her. “That looks okay. Oh, I think that would be nice.” She pointed to another pink bracelet with one side of wings and half a heart.

“You have good taste, agasshi. That’s a limited edition couple bracelet and there’s only 5 sets around the whole of Korea. It’s the one and only set we have and since it’s specially made for young couples, we have a special student price for student couples like the two of you.” The salesgirl beamed. “So the special price is only for couples?” Luhan confirmed and she nodded her head. “Are you two not a couple?” She asked.

“Jagiya~ you should get it. It’s pretty!” Seoeun started to act around Luhan and Luhan got the hint. “Oh, you like it?” Seoeun nodded happily and Luhan smiled at the salesgirl. “We’ll take this then.”

“Okay, I’ll wrap it up for you. And since you two look so cute together, I’ll give you additional discount.” She winked and went to the back to wrap the bracelets up. Once she was gone, Seoeun heaved a sigh of relief. “Good acting, jagiya~” Luhan and she slapped his arm. “See what I had to do to get the couple discount? You better thank me for this.” Luhan smiled and hung an arm around her shoulders. “Thankyou, jagiya~ I’ll treat you ice cream this time.” He smiled and Seoeun beamed. “Assa~ free ice cream again!”

The salesgirl came back with the wrapped bracelets and handed them to Luhan, who paid for them already. “See you two soon! Last long!” Seoeun just smiled awkwardly and waved goodbye.

 

 

“Aigoo you guys are here again! Is she late again?” The ahjumma asked Luhan and Seoeun pinked. “Ahjumma! I’m not always late!” Luhan laughed at her reaction and shook his head. “Nope, we just wanted to see you again, ahjumma.” The ahjumma waved him away with a happy smile and proceeded to scoop their ice creams for them. “You’re such a sweet-talker, you must’ve lied to many girls before, right?” she asked and Luhan waved his hands about furiously. “Of course not, ahjumma! What kind of guy do you think I am?”

Seoeun laughed and took her ice cream. “He wouldn’t even get close to any girl, let alone trick them with his words.” She told the ahjumma and the latter laughed at Luhan, making him feel a tad embarrassed.

“Aigoo, Luhan-ah. Won’t get close to any girl? Then are you perhaps, gay?” She teased which made Seoeun laugh even more. “A-ahjumma! What are you talking about!” His cheeks flamed and Seoeun poked his cheeks. “Aigoo our almighty Luhan is blushing~” The ahjumma laughed and handed him his ice cream.

“Ahjumma~ I’m not gay. Just that I have someone I like.” He whispered to the ahjumma and her eyes twinkled in interest. Seoeun was busy laughing at Luhan to notice the small exchange between the two of them. The ahjumma’s eyes darted to Seoeun before going back to Luhan and he just gave a secretive smile to her and paid.

“We’ll come back soon, bye!” He waved and pulled Seoeun with him and went home.