It's not your fault

Angel's destiny

 

[Jaejoongs POV]

I knew I should have already been at home (it was almost 7pm) but I really had to talk to Changmin. The thought of only him seeing me was on my mind the whole time, I just couldn’t think of anything that made sense – but nothing was making sense now anyway.
After they finished eating and paid for their meals, Yunho and Changmin made their way to the cinema. They chose ‘Fast and Furious 5’ and bought the tickets. “Yunho-hyung, I’m going to the restroom for a minute, okay?” Changmin said to Yunho and I sighed in relief. Thank god, finally a chance to talk to him. Yunho nodded and I quickly followed Changmin.
“Changmin, I know this will sound weird and you probably won’t believe me, but just listen for a minute, alright?” He didn’t answer, so I took it as a yes. Then I started to explain everything to him, just how I told Junsu and the others.
He stood there speechless, just looking into the mirror. I did the same and almost shrieked. There was only Changmins reflexion, and I just wasn’t there. Suddenly, Changmin started to laugh. “Jae, what did you even expect? You’re more dead than alive.” He then seemed to regret his words and looked directly at me. “Do you know how shocked I was?” The look on his face made me tear up. “I…” I began but I honestly didn’t know what to say.
“I shouldn’t have let you go to the lake. Or at least go with you. Oh my god I’m so dumb.” He pulled at his hair, looking like he’d start to cry in every second.
“No. No no no, stop that!” I grabbed his arm and started shaking it. “It wasn’t your fault!” I’ve never seen him like that before – he has always been someone I could never imagine crying or being angry.  I saw how Yunho got through it but not how Changmin was doing it. I knew he wouldn’t let the kids from the orphanage see that he was sad and angry at himself, so he must have kept everything inside him.
“I’m here, okay?” Remembering that old man’s words, I bit my lip. I wouldn’t be here for long. But there was no way of telling Changmin now, I had only told him I’d be back for a while, not how many days.
That seemed to calm him down a bit. “O-okay” He tried a smile and I slung my arms around him. “Everything is okay, don’t worry, Changmin-hyung”

[Changmins POV]

I felt bad for my stupid break down. Especially in front of Jaejoong. But somehow I felt a lot better after telling someone about the pain I felt. Because I couldn’t tell anyone – sure, I had my friends and the care workers. And I had Yunho, we could have gotten through this together. When he talked to me about what happened I was just sitting there, listening and trying not to show my own feelings about it.
And now Jaejoong was back. Not really back, as if he’d never been gone, but he was there and he was also there for me – he tried his best to comfort me.
“Thank you, Jae. Really.” I smiled at him and looked at my watch. “We need to go back, Yunho-hyung must have been waiting for a long time”
Jaejoong smiled back and nodded. “Oh”, he said. “I still don’t know why you know Yunho? I mean I was surprised when I saw you at his apartment. “Ah yeah, that’s because we go to the same university, we knew each other for years! Did I never tell you?” I tilted my head and then walked back to Yunho who was sitting on a couch at the waiting area next to the washrooms. He was drinking a coke while talking to a girl. I had to cough slightly because he didn’t even notice my presence.
He then finally looked at me. “Wait a minute” he said and typed something into the girl’s phone before giving it back to her. So they exchanged numbers, I thought and sighed. It was absolutely nothing new for me to see him talking to girls and even older women and then date then for a few days or weeks and then meet someone else.
Since our movie would start soon and the girl also had to go, we bowed at each other and went to our cinema hall.
“Ah, by the way, are you ever going to introduce your friend to me?” I looked at Yunho in confusion. “What do you mean?” I thought about whom he could be talking about and then remembered our conversation a few weeks ago.

[Flashback]

“Yunho, can you please stop drinking now? It’s getting embarrassing.” Changmin sighed in annoyance. But Yunho wouldn’t listen to his friend and just laugh. “Ah, you should just get yourself a girlfriend, you’re too serious to even be here.” Oh, well you’re the one who dragged me to this bar, Changmin thought to himself.
“Or do you still have a crush on that girl?” The taller flinched and stayed quiet. No way he’d ever tell anyone about his crush, who was also a friend of his. Especially not a drunk Yunho, who knew what he’d do if he found out?

[End flashback]

“Mwo? Of course not!” My reaction was probably a bit too much, but why did Yunho have to say that exactly now? I saw Jaejoong looking at me in confusion and I couldn’t help but blush. He was probably thinking if my crush was someone from the orphanage, but the oldest girl there was around 14. I really hoped he didn’t get the wrong idea.
The movie had already started and I was glad about that because I wouldn’t have to answer any questions for the next two hours.

 

[A/N]
Omg I'm so sorry that it took me so long to update ;A; Somehow I'm totally motivated to write when I'm at school or work but not when I have time? >.<
Well, if anyone's confused, just ask me! And any other comments are highly appreciated :D
Also thank you to all the new subscribers :3