Why are you here?

Angel's destiny

 

 

[Changmin‘s POV]

Ah, what should I do today …I thought to myself and sighed. We had the day free and there was absolutely nothing exciting happening, I couldn’t even do anything fun with the kids because they were either at school or sleeping.
So I decided to call Yunho-hyung, even though I was pretty sure he wasn’t in the mood to do anything at all. After typing in his number I waited and waited but there was nothing but that annoying sound – he was already talking to someone over the phone. “Tzz, doesn’t even have time for his dongsaeng…”
I texted him: I’ll be over in 10 minutes! and changed in a pair of black skinny jeans and a blue pullover.

I arrived at Yunho’s apartment a few minutes later and knocked at his door.
He opened and I looked at him in surprise. “Hi Yunho-hyung,  glad to see you looking a bit better!” I smiled and walked in. There were still tons of trash but at least he showered and didn’t push me out like he did the past days.
“Hey Changmin” Yunho said and tried to smile back. “Mind helping me a bit?” he asked and pointed at the empty beer cans and packs of chips. I sighed at first but nodded and started to pick up the trash. After that I went to every room and opened the windows so it wouldn’t be too sticky. When I walked towards Yunho’s bedroom I saw a person standing there, looking right at me. He really looked like Jaejoong… no, wait that isn’t possible. I blinked a few times but he still kept looking at me. Was I going crazy now? Just to be sure… I thought and walked closer. He seemed so real… “J-Jaejoong?”
He then put a hand over his mouth, his eyes wide open. “Changmin-hyung? How…”
Before he could say more I was already hugging him. “How is this even possible?” I asked him and let him go so he could breathe again.
 

[Jaejoong’s POV]

My head was spinning – why was Changmin here? And why could he see me? Just a few minutes before Yunho couldn’t, so what’s going on? But I couldn’t think about that now, I was just happy so see Changmin.
I remembered that Yunho was still here so I looked at my opponent with a straight face. “Changmin, Yunho can’t see me like you do, so pretend like I’m not here, okay? Can you do that for me? I’ll explain everything later.”
He just stared at me in confusion but nodded.
Just a second later, Yunho came towards us. “Everything okay, Changmin?” He knit his eyebrows.
“Ah, yeah sure, hyung…” Changmin answered and continued to open the windows. After that he said “Hyung~ I’m starving, can we eat something?”
Yunho laughed – the room instantly seemed brighter and I had to chuckle because of the two of them.
“Ne ne, let’s go then, I don’t have anything in the fridge anyway…” Yunho grabbed his jacket and wallet, while Changmin smiled happily. “Yeah, I already checked there. Such an empty, cold place…” He sighed and I had to suppress a laugh.
I wasn’t sure if I should go with them because I didn’t want to be a stalker or something but on the other side I still had to talk to Changmin and find out more about this Yunho. So I just walked outside with them.

[Yunho’s POV]

It was really cold outside and I wished I had taken at warmer jacket or a scarf, but we were already in front of Changmin’s favorite sushi restaurant. We often came here and the waiters greeted us with a warm smile. The nice scent of warm food and spices made me realize how hungry I actually was and I ordered almost as much as Changmin did. As we waited for our food, I looked at my hands. “I’m very sorry I was so ignorant the past days… It’s just not easy for me, I hope you can understand.” Even though I knew Changmin wasn’t mad at me I still felt like I had to explain it to him and apologize.
That boy who died in my hands… I had nightmares about that day and I was never able to rescue him.  I shook my head and looked up to Changmin.
“Don’t worry hyung, that’s all normal, I guess. You really don’t have to apologize.” He smiled and I actually felt better after he said that.
I thought about asking him about the kid from the orphanage but then changed my mind – I didn’t want to talk about sad things all the time.
“Are you free tonight?” I asked while I started eating.
Changmin sighed. “You want to go drinking again? You know how annoying it is when you’re drunk!” He snorted and began eating like he didn’t have anything more the last two days.
“That’s…” I didn’t know what to say because what he said was true. “Okay, then what about a movie?”
Changmin nodded,  obviously relieved. “Sure, you can choose the movie.”