Trick or Treat

Dad of the Year

"Daddy, Daddy, look at me!" Lyric barreled into the kitchen and launched herself onto Yongguk's lap.

Yongguk quickly reached out to catch her, looking down at the small girl in her Minnie Mouse costume. "Babe, we have a mouse in the kitchen!"

"I know. But it's a cute mouse, so I think we can let this one stay." I smiled, leaning on the back of his chair.

"I'm ready to go trick or treating!" Lyric announced with authority. "Let's go now."

"Lyric, honey, it's still daylight outside.  We can't go until it gets dark." I told her gently, watching her face fall into a pout.

"But I don't like the dark, and I want candy now." She gave her best puppy eyes, hoping to sway us.

"You have to be patient, baby girl." Yongguk chided. "And besides, you'll have your big strong Daddy to protect you from the dark."

He placed Lyric on the ground, and got up, striking a ninja pose. "Nothing's gonna hurt you with Daddy around."

"Or Mommy!" Lyric added.

"Or Mommy." Yongguk agreed. "Now I think someone's favrite movie is on tv right now.  Go watch it and Mommy will tell you when it's time to go."

"Yaaaayy!" The small girl cheered, and ran out to the living room.

"No running!" Yongguk scolded, straightening into a regular stance.

I chuckled, wrapping my arms around his waist. "So, does this mean I need to find you a ninja costume for tonight?"

"If I dress up, do I get free candy?" Yongguk grinned.

"Hmm, maybe not, but I think I have something just as sweet for you."  Yongguk's grin widened and he leaned down to kiss me.