Newborn [flashback]

Dad of the Year

"She's here, you did it babe." Yongguk pushed back the hair that stuck to my forehead from the sweat, one hand squeezing mine.

"We did it." I gave him a weak smile, beyond exhausted from the long and taxing labor labor. The nurse approached the bed, a tiny bundle in her arms and a soft smile playing at her lips.

"Here's your baby girl, all cleaned up." She leaned over and placed my daughter into my arms. The baby squirmed and freed her arms from the blanket she was swathed in, waving around tiny clenched fists.

"Hi there little one.  I'm your mommy." My heart swelled with pride as I looked down into her small, red face.  I pushed the blankets down around her to get a better view and looked to my husband, who stared at our daughter with wide, teary eyes, his jaw gaping open in adoration. "Do you wanna hold her?"

Yongguk nodded and closed his mouth, his gaze trained on our baby as I carefully placed her in his arms.  He cradled her to his chest and smiled down at her, studying her face with love that only a father could give.

"She's so tiny and precious.  She's perfect." Salty droplets spilled from his eyes and slipped down his face as she gripped his finger with her little hand. He leaned down and pressed a kiss to her forehead, and then to my lips. "Thank you.  Thank you both for being mine."

 

 

A.N

I know it's been a while, and you guys asked for longer chapters

but idk, I'm kind of just used to writing loosely connected drabbles for this one.

Hope you guys like it!