Royalty

Dad of the Year

"She's going to preschool, not prom or church." I watched my daughter struggle to get her hello kitty bookbag over her shoulders.

"She wanted to look like a princess today." Yongguk shrugged, as though it were normal to let a child go to school in their Sunday best.

"You couldn't have just helped her find a shirt that said princess? She's going to ruin her new dress."

Yongguk grabbed his keys off of the table and started herding Lyric to the door. "Calm down, babe. we'll get her a new one if she does. When we have a little boy, we won't have to worry about all the frilly dresses."

"You say that like it's so simple." I followed behind them to the door. "There's a bag with spare clothes in the back, leave a change of clothes with the teacher at least."

"Sure, sure. I'll see you later." Yongguk pressed a kiss to my lips and opened the fron door. "Come on Princess, tell Mommy bye and let's go. Your royal carriage awaits."

"Bye Mommy!" Lyric bounced towards me, and I bent down to kiss her.

"Bye, baby. Have a good day, and be a good girl, okay?"

Lyric nodded and grabbed her dad's hand as she bounded out of the door.

A.N

Sorry it's been so long , I had to get through finals and, my feels have been flickering all over the place.  Hyunsik, Zico, Crush, Gray, Geeks... I was tempted to write for them too. This is the kind of stuff my nieces would try, wearing a dress like this to school. Everyone knows you can't go wearing your fancy dresses to school... unless it's picture day, of course. Then comes the dress, the bows, and the frilly socks. Do you guys think I should rewind and maybe go over some of what it would've been like during the pregnancy and infancy?

Thanks for reading!