Audition

The One That Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you and Donghae oppa a thing now?"

Yuri held in an annoyed groan as she shut her locker close. She wished she could fold Yoona as little as possible to be able to stuff her in her locker. She had been following Yuri around the entire day, asking the same question over and over again, even though Yuri refused to answer her as she kept quiet. Yuri was however thankful Yoona dropped the topic whenever the other girls were around, if she didn't, all seven other girls would probably be following her around too. Yuri was seriously surprised Yoona waited four whole days after the incident to question her about it.

"So are you??"

Yuri turned around to face Yoona, stopping her in her tracks. She gave a cheeky smile to the older girl as she waited for an answer, Yuri glared at Yoona for a few seconds before proceeding to turn around and continued walking.

"Unnie!!"

Yoona shouted, running as she tried to catch up to the older girl. Yoona stopped right infront of Yuri, her turn to stop Yuri in her tracks. She held Yuri's shoulder and looked her dead in the eye.

"Are.you.dating.Donghae.oppa?"

Yoona asked slowly, emphasizing on each word. Yuri squinted at the younger girl and drew in a breath.

"No"

Yuri didn't like the taste of after answering the question and Yoona was still unconvinced and unsatisfied with her answer.

"Are you lying to me right now?"

"No"

"Are you sure you're not dating him?"

"Oh I don't know Yoona, maybe I am dating him without him and I actually knowing" Yuri said, sarcasm oozing in her words. Yoona ignored what Yuri said, or maybe she just didn't hear (Yuri couldn’t tell), and thought deeply about something. Sighing, she released herself from Yoona's grip and proceeding walking towards the door.

"Does he like you?"

"Aaah, Yoona please stop" Yuri whined but Yoona obviously ignored her and asked again.

Yuri pushed open the entrance door, holding it open for Yoona to walk pass her. Yuri was hoping Yoona would keep walking and leave her behind, too focused on talking to realise she wasn't next to her. But alas, she stopped right after passing Yuri and waited for an answer. Yuri sighed as she let the door swing shut.

"I honestly don't know" Yuri said, turning a corner. "I dont think so" she continued, keeping a straight face.

"But why did he hold your hand if he didn't like you?" Yoona urged on. Yoona stopped walking and pulled Yuri's elbow, to stop her too. She turned Yuri so she would face her. She stared at Yuri, searching something, anything that would help give her answers. A thought popped in her mind, holding in her giggles as she asked.

"No, the better question is; why did you let him hold your hand?" Yoona asked, a dangerous twinkle in her eyes. A devilsh grin started to form on Yoona's lips but before she could interrogate Yuri further and before Yuri could gave out anything, they heard a familiar voice.

"Unnies!"

They both turned to the owner of the voice, a face they all have missed, waving at them as she walked towards them.

"Amber!"

They both exclaimed as they ran to her, pulling her in a hug.

"Luhan oppa was looking for you" Amber informed Yoona, as she pulled away.

"You have alot of explaining to do unnie" Amber teased. Yoona slapped her arm playfully and hugged Yuri. Before she pulled away, Yoona managed to quickly whisper to Yuri "This discussion is not over, we'll talk again tomorrow" and headed towards the direction Amber had told Luhan was at. Amber then turned to Yuri.

“Judging by the smile Yoona unnie was giving, I knew you needed saving" Amber said, linking her arm with Yuri. Yuri could only laugh.

"It seems like I have alot to catch up on"

"You sure do" Yuri nodded.

"I heard from Hyoyeon unni tomorrow is your audition and I’m so sorry I can’t be there to support but I'll swing by your place the day after?"

Yuri nodded again, eager to hear all about Amber's lifestyle and catch up on so many things.

"Oh dammit, Henry is here already" Amber said, looking at the caller I.D on her phone. Yuri was aliltte sad her meeting with Amber was cut so short but nevertheless accompanied Amber to the carpark and seperated ways after bidding farewell to each other. Amber even wished Yuri good luck before hopping in Henry's car. Yuri watched the car drive away as she waved. When she turned around, she was surprised to see Donghae standing behind her.

"Were you waiting for me?" Donghae asked, teasingly. She was really glad to see him. They hadn’t seen each other since the gateaway since he was busy with basketball practise, meaning they hadnt had a chance to talk about the holding hands incident.

"No" Yuri scoffed, chuckling alilttle. She really wasnt waiting for him but she did hope she'd bump into him.

She headed towards her bike and was about to take off her bag to get her keys when Donghae stopped her. He pulled on her zipper bag and fished out her key and proceeded to unlock her bike for her.

"How did you know where I put my key?" Yuri asked, watching him.

"We go home together almost everytime after dance practise" Donghae said, looking up at her as he grinned. "You can’t expect me not to know just cause I haven’t been around for four days"

"So are we still going to have practice tomorrow morning?" Donghae pulled on the chain and walked behind her to stash the chain and key back in Yuri's bag, and then zipped it up for her. Yuri whipped her head to the side, panicked Donghae would even ask such a question. Her audition slot was tomorrow afternoon and since they hadn’t practised for four days now, Yuri knew practicing in the morning before the audition would help ease her nerves.

Donghae chuckled at her, getting the reaction from Yuri that he wanted.

"Im kidding, of course I know we have practice tomorrow"

"I was gonna be nice and ask you how your tryouts went but nope, just gonna leave yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter