Skipping Baby Steps

The One That Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah, yah yah!" Yuri turned to see Heechul pointing at her from the dining table. Most of the group was awake already, dressed in casual outfits, eating breakfast together either on the dining table or kitchen island. He noticed Yuri drenched, wearing a very familiar black bomber jacket he saw one of his boys wearing last night.

"Why are you wearing Donghae's jacket?" Heechul asked, eyes squinted and a playful smirk on his lips. That certainly caught everyone's attention as they turned to look at her. Knowing all eyes were on her now, Yuri retorted as coolly as possible " He isn't the only one who has this jacket"

"Oh so you just decided to buy a male jacket for yourself"Heechul teased. Yuri, who had her hand on her hips, slowly slid her hand down to her side and felt a blush creeping her cheeks. She suddenly felt even smaller in the already huge bomber jacker. The Suju guys with Changmin and Yunho were chuckling, all of them had a playful smirk plastered on their faces while the rest of the group who were watching had an amused expression on.

"T-this isn't..." she stuttered, trailing off. She stopped talking and pulled herself together.

"I don't need to explain myself to you" Yuri said, pulling the jacket tigher around herself and ducked her head as she ran for her room. This caused Heechul to laugh harder to which Yuri responded by screaming " Shut up, Kim Heechul!" as she ran up the stairs.

"Yah! How dare you talk to me like that?" Heechul managed to screamed back just before Yuri shut her door, causing everyone to double over. 

"Yah heechul oppa!" Jessica called, poking his shoulder. Heechul turned around, facing her as he chuckled. "Stop bullying our Yuri" she glared at him.

"Would you prefer we tease you instead?" Yunho interrupted, raising his eyebrows "I could have sworn I saw a certain blonde getting abit jealous when Heechul was talking to a different blonde last night" Heechul looked at Jessica, waiting to see what she would say. 

"Please! I was just wondering how anyone could like this guy" she smirked at him, seeing his face getting red as he controlled himself from wanting to scream at her. However, Sunny who was sitting next to Jessica saw the hint of redness in her cheeks. Sunny stifled a giggle and kept quiet as she continued stuffing her face with her breakfast.

Meanwhile in Yuri and Yoona's room, Yuri regretted slamming the door because she was worried she'd wake Yoona up but thankfully she was still sleeping peacefully. She noticed the trashcans placed near her bed and smiled. That Luhan, she thought while smiling and shaking her head. She took off Donghae's jacket and hung it on the La-Z-boy chair to dry. As she grabbed her towel from her bag, she heard a knock on the door. She turned around and opened the door to face Kris. He gave her a shy smile.

"Hi Kris, what's up?" Yuri asked casually, smiling at him. Kris had a hard time forming words, rubbing the back of his neck awakwardly. He looked towards the stairs, hoping someone wouldn't suddenly come upstairs to see him like this. He turned back to her and cleared his throat.

"Umm, I..I mean we were just wondering if you're coming with us to check out the town nearby" he asked, looking at her nose bridge instead of her eyes. Yuri turned back, looking at her bed. As she turned back to face Kris, he saw the apologetic look on her face and he knew what her answer was.

"I'm sorry, I didn't get much sleep last night" Kris nodded slightly, showing her he understood.

"Plus, I'm only going to ruin everyone's fun by being cranky because of lack of sleep" Yuri joked. Kris forced a chuckle.

"Oh alright" Kris looked down at his shoe as he hid his disappointment , "I'll see you later then" he said as he looked up to meet her eyes, forcing his lips to smile.

"Have fun" Yuri said as she smiled back, softly touching his arm as she walked pass him to go to the bathroom. As he watched Yuri close the door, he made sure he heard the bathroom door lock before hitting his head on her bedroom door, groaning. 

Kris, you Idiot! She's gonna think you're weird. Why didn't I just send Chanyeol to ask

"Kris-hyung! Come on" 

He heard Tao calling him. Heaving a sigh, he straightened his posture as he headed for the stairs. Just as he was about to walk down, from the corner of his eyes, he saw a figure come out of one of the rooms from the boys' side.

"Did I just witness the charismatic Kris-hyung's weak side?"

He turned to a very familiar, very annoying voice and let out a low growl. Staring back at him was a smug looking Beakyeon, arms crossed over his chest. Kris knew Beakyeon was gonna use this against him in the near future but then remembered something he heard Beakyeon mumbling in his sleep last night. 

"Forget you saw anything, or I promise you, you'll regret it"

Kris warned, giving him a death stare. Beakyeon stood on his ground as he raised his eyebrows, unfazed, not knowing what exactly he got himself into. Kris smirked while still glaring at him.

"Since when did you change from Yuri nonna to Taeyeon noona?" Kris asked, smugly. Beakyeon's smirk slowly turned into a frown.

"I'm sure Teayeon noona would like to hear she's got herself a huge fan, and when i say huge, I meant little"

Kris continued, holding his pointer finger and thumb to show a tiny space between them as he looked at Beakyeon. 

"Y-yah!!" Beakyeon exclaimed, dumbfounded. He knew rooming with Kris was a bad idea since he was such a light sleeper. Had he known Kris was that much a light sleeper when he dreamt about Teayeon that way, he would have avoided this.Beakyeon tried to play it cool but Kris already saw the fear in his eyes.

"Beakyeon! Kris-hyung! Hurry up or we're leaving without you" They heard Chanyeol's deep voice from downstairs. Kris looked down the stairs and then back at Beakyeon, a devilish grin forming. Laughing, Kris grabbed on Beakyeon's neck, pulling him in a head-lock and rushed down the stairs with Beakyeon screaming his lungs out for dear life.

--------------------

Yoona was awaken by the sudden vibration of her phone. She fumbled around under her pillow, searching for it. Sliding her finger across the screen, she struggled to open her eyes as the piercing light hurt her eyes. After blinking repeated, her vision finally adjusted. She saw Yuri still sleeping peacefully in her own bed.

Its eleven thirty in the morning, how could Yuri unnie still be asleep?

As Yoona tried to get up, she felt her head throbbing and a sharp pain at the back of her head. She cursed under her breath as she held onto her head and slowly laid back down. She didn’t remember much about last night but the last thing she did remember was storming off due to, according to Yoona, Luhan being annoying and accidentally drinking vodka. She growled at the thought of last night’s memories. Just as she tried to fall back asleep, she had the sudden urge to puke. She rose up quickly, causing her to get a head rush on top of her hangover and leaned over, where there was thankfully a trashcan ready for her. After wiping and scooting the filled trashcan a bit further from her bed, she let her head fall back onto the soft fluffy pillow.

Its because of him I’m having this massive hangover

She pulled her covers over her head and accidentally knocked down something cold onto her bed. She pulled the covers back down and reached over her pillow,where her hands met with something hard and cold. She pulled it to her face to inspect and saw that it was a tin of Dawn 808. She sat up, much to her head’s protest, opened the drink and gulped it down. Leaning against the headboard, she closed her eyes and waiting for the headache to subside. Putting the blanket over her head, she trudged down the stairs and a delicious aroma caught her attention. Heading inside the kitchen, she saw a bowl of Hangover soup (Haejangguk) with her name on it. Literally, her name was written on the side of the bowl in thick black ink. Gingerly sitting on the stool, she settled her blanket on her lap and picked up the chopsticks placed next to the bowl. her lips, she began wolfing down the soup with spoonfuls of rice. Half way through her meal, she heard the sliding doors open and shut with padding of feet across the kitchen floor and gave a quick glance. As she peeked from her bowl, she saw a mop of messy blonde hair and quickly resumed eating, trying her best to ignore his presence. 

Glad she liked the soup I prepared

Luhan smiled to himself as he grabbed a slice of toast from the rack and proceeded to sit two stools away from Yoona. Reaching over, he grabbed the stick of butter and began to butter his toast with enthusiasm. She tired to ignore the louder than necessary scraping noise and slurped up the remaining of her meal. As he took a hearty bite, she stood up, placed the dishes in the dishwasher and proceeded to go outside, ignoring his gaze. She slumped down on one of the deck chair and closed her eyes as she breathed in the fresh air.

Exactly what I needed

As her lips were about to spend into a smile, she heard a soft thud on the deck chair next to her and let out a frustrated sigh. Hearing him take another hearty crunchy bite, she opened her eyes and frowned.

“Can’t you eat somewhere else and leave me alone?”

Yoona asked, irritatedly as she glared at him. Luhan looked up, pretending he was thinking and put a finger on his chin for a more dramatic touch. 

“Nope” Luhan said as he gave her a cheeky grin. She rolled her eyes and stood up, heading towards the beach. He finished the last bites of his toast and rushed to catch up to her. Sensing he was right behind her, Yoona turned around as she folded her arms on her chest.

“Quit following me”

“No"

Yoona was shocked at his response. He was never this persistent with his advances before.

“Why?!” Yoona screamed as she held out her arms ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter