Getaway

The One That Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah, we really should stop falling asleep outside"

Yuri fluttered her eyes open. She turned to her left to see Donghae staring at the morning sky, smiling. She stretched her arms and legs and let out a yawn. She slowly sat up and pushed her hair back, removing the blanket from her body. As she tied her hair, she noticed Donghae standing at the edge of the pool. He dived in and swam to the other side of the pool. When he got out, he turned around to Yuri.

"I'll see you later!" He exclaimed.

He looked adorable with his shirt and pants clinging to his body, hair sticking out everywhere and that goofy smile plastered on his face.

"Show off!"

Yuri managed to say before she entered her own backyard, giving him a wave and a hearty chuckle. After getting ready for camp, she started packing for the trip. She tossed in all her necessities in a duffel bag: toiletries, a couple of shorts, flip flops, Pyjamas, a few shirts and of course, her bathing suits and bikinis. As she zipped up her bag,for some reason, she felt adventurous that morning. She picked up her phone from her bedside table and dialed the number of someone who she knew wasn't going to camp that day. The phone just kept ringing, just as she was about to hang up, he picked up. Yuri panicked abit, her heart pounding in her chest. This was her first time doing this, she thought but her grandmother's words came to her mind.

Dont be afraid to be adventurous sometimes, live life my dear sweet Yuri. Dont let life pass you by.

She in a breath and said " Mind if I join you to your dentist's appointment?"

-----------------------------

They' ve been driving for a while now,Yuri sitting in the passenger seat with her feet up on the dashboard, looking outside the window mindlessly as she listened to her ipod with a serene look on her face. The driver, however felt uneasy taking her to their getaway instead of dropping her off at camp, where she should be. He kept nervously glancing at her, asking himself if he should just turn around.

"Don't you dare" warned Yuri as she noticed him slowing down with a U-turn sign just up ahead.

"Go faster" she urged, poking his shoulder. He shrugged her off but nonetheless gave a sigh and picked up speed, passing the U-turn. She took her headphones out of her ears and looked at him.

"Cheer up, will you?" Yuri chuckled when she saw him rolling his eyes.

"I'm responsible for actually listening to you, aren't I?" he said bitterly. 

"I'm reponsible for my own actions, thank you very much Luhan" Yuri said, taking her feet off the dashboard and fiddled with the radio stations. She heard a familiar tune. Smirking and eyeing Luhan, she cranked up the volume and started to sing along to SISTAR "I Swear" at the top of her lungs, which woke up Changmin who was sleeping soundly before in the backseat and has now sung along with Yuri, with as much passion and volume as hers. They even started to do the hand movements, pretending they were part of the girl group. Yuri at one point accidentally hit Luhan's shoulder, and to get revenge he reached over to switch stations, but his hand was pulled by Changmin causing him to swerve right alittle. 

"Yah! You could have killed us all" Luhan screamed. Both Yuri and Changmin ignored him as they kept on singing and dancing. SISTAR " Loving U" played next on the radio and this song got them more hyped. Yuri and Changmin sang and danced along, rolling their hips as much as they could while Luhan scowled at them. But when the rap part began, he started to loosened up and rapped along, with the most high pitched girl voice he could muster as loud as he could and shaking his shoulders alilttle.

As the song came to an end, Yuri looked at the GPS, it showed they were close to their destination. She looked out the window and saw the crystal blue ocean. She lowered the volume, turned off the AC and rolled down the windows. The air had a hint of saltiness to it, the salty sea breeze getting stronger the closer they got, making her hair feel sticky. Yuri closed her eyes, feeling the wind in her hair, with Jimin Park " Try" playing softly on the radio. Her mind went completely blank, she felt relaxed. Changmin followed Yuri's action, enjoying the fresh air while Luhan's grumpy and nervous expression was replaced by a serene look. The sea breeze had that effect on people, or atleast thats what Yuri believed it did. The rest of the journey was filled by a comfortable silence. They passed by a couple of houses, each one getting bigger and bigger.

The GPS finally told them to turn left, into a big beach house. They all gawked at the house, no words coming out of their mouths. This beach house wasn't any typical beach house, not only was it the biggest one in the area, it had an american architecture. The house was a white and grey three-storey building, with a wraparound porch, a swimming pool and its own stretch of beach. When Luhan told them Suho said the house was passed down to his dad by his grandparents, they expected it to be a small normal house and not this. The boys would always say Suho was rich, since he sometimes played golf with his dad but didn't really expected it to be true.

No one seemed to have moved for a good five minutes, since Suho wasn't there yet and they felt like they would be intruding if they went inside without him, until someone cleared their throat, startling everyone in the car. They all simultaneously turned their heads. A middle-aged woman stood outside Yuri's door, smiling at them. Yuri slowly opened the door and stepped out. She bowed politely to the woman, out of respect and so did Luhan and Changmin.

"You must be Suho's friends. He called earlier to tell me to expect you" She said, bowing back at them. The woman, introduced herself as Eunmi ahjumma, told them she has been Suho's housekeeper since he was a baby and mentioned that once she let them in and settle down, she would be on her way. They all responded with a nod. 

They went to the back of the car and quickly unloaded their bags and the food they bought from the grocery store. Eunmi ahjumma carried one plastic bag of the food while the boys carried the rest, with their bags slung on their shoulders. Yuri stayed back, pretending to tie her shoes just so she could stay outside a bit longer before going inside. She could hear the waves crashing on the shore. Excitment started bubbling in her stomach. She grabbed her duffel bag and headed inside where she joined the boys and Eunmi ahjumma in the kitchen. Eunmi ahjumma showed them where the cutlery and plates where stored and helped them put away the food.

Soon after, she showed them to their rooms.There were a total of ten bedrooms, five rooms on the first floor and another five on the second. Each room had a different colour scheme and bedroom set. For each floor, the west wing contained 2 rooms that has 2 twinbeds, the other 2 rooms with 2 bunkbeds which is located at the east wing and a masterbedroom. There are 3 bathrooms on each floor, one on the west wing, one on the east wing and the third one would be connected to the masterbedroom, with the exception of the ground floor which only has one bathroom. The house looked like it was built to house Suho's entire family; his grandparents, his parents, aunts and uncles and also his cousins. 

Yuri picked the bedroom on the first floor that had faded calico wallpaper with white colour scheme. The room consist of 2 twinbeds, a dresser, a vanity table and two La-Z-boy chairs in the corner. Yuri picked this room because of the view as it overlooked the back of the house which was the beach and the swimming pool instead of the other room, which would be looking at the front of the house. After unpacking, she kicked off her shoes and changed into her white sleeveless crop top and a pair of black tights. She grabbed her sunglasses, perching them on top of her head and a copy of what looked like a romance novel that was sitting on top of the dresser.

She headed outside to the pool area and settled her book and the bottle of lemon water, which she managed to take while passing the kitchen, on one of the deck chairs. She looked ahead towards the beach and saw from a distance, Changmin and Luhan running towards the water with each a surfboard in their arms. She knew it was only midday and the group would only hit the road at about two in the afternoon, it would take about three to four hours for the rest of the group to get here which meant she had five hours to kill. She laid on her back and started reading the novel and soon after a few chapters, fell asleep, the novel covering her face.

Yuri was woken up when she thought she felt her book fall from her face but it was actually Eunhyuk snatching it from her. She widen her eyes and sat up.

"Yah! I can't believe you fell asleep" Heechul said "You should be glad there's an umbrella protecting you from the sun. You already have dark skin, why would you want to be more tan?" Heechul teased. Yuri tried to hit his leg but he was quick to dodge it. Yuri was about to chase after him when she realised Eunhyuk staring at her. She gave him a quizzical look and he got closer.

"What are those on your face, Yuri-ah?" He asked, pointing at her cheek "Are those words?" He came closer and before Yuri could even do anything, he pulled her over his shoulder and jumped in the pool with her. Yuri could feel water going up her nose and she swallowed alittle bit of the water as she shrieked just before hitting the water. Underwater, Yuri could hear laughter. She came up to the surface, ready to scream her head off at Eunhyuk but instead was met with splashes as everyone else came jumping into the pool. Screams and giggles filled the air as everyone starting dunking each other into the pool and splashing water at each other.

After awhile, everyone just started to slowly get out of the pool and wrapped themselves in a towel. Suho actually arranged to have a bonfire on the beach that night, so everyone changed into their dry clothes and started preparing food for the bonfire. The girls were busy making things in the kitchen while the boys busied themselves out on the grill. Once it was dark, everyone carried towels, blankets, food and drinks towards the makeshift bonefire that was made by Kris and Yunho. Gathering around the fire, everyone started talking and having fun while listening to some music. Everyone around the bonfire had either a can of coke or a can of beer in their hands. They all started to get to know each other.

In the middle of it all, a group of girls seem to have made their way towards the huge group. Suho waved at them, gesturing them over. Suho introduce

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter