Backwards and Onwards

The One That Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Attention to all students, as you all have heard, this year's Annual Talent Competition is going to be different. By the end of this summer, all of you may join any competition you want even when you're not in that respective programme. An early warning, you must practise on your own. That means no asking help from the coaches from the programmes. And make sure you are committed to it 100% since there will be A LOT of talent scouts, even more than last year's, coming to see you perform. The sign up sheets will be posted next week. Have fun and Good luck to all!

 

"What are you guys planning to join?" 

"I'm planning on- Oh no"

"Really Yoona? Really?"

The other six girls stared at her in disbelief as she hid her face behind a book that was originally occupied by Seohyun.

"Yoona, he knows you're avoiding him. He wouldn't come up to you" Sunny assured her.

"Just in case" Yoona said, putting the book down on the table and ducking her face behind it. She peeked a few times at his direction to make sure he wasn't looking her way.

When Yoona saw Yuri and Jessica coming towards their table, she quickly stood up and ran to Yuri to drag her to sit by her side. Yuri let out a soft sigh as she watched her best friend hid her face.

"Yoong, stop it" Yuri ordered as she grabbed the book and tossed it to Sooyoung, who caught it and passed it to Seohyun. Yoona's eyes widen when she realised her shield was taken away. She tried to grab the book from Seohyun but was stopped by Yuri. Yuri took hold of Yoona's hands.

"Yoong, he wouldn't dare come here. You've been avoiding him since the day he confessed. He's not stupid Yoona, he got the hint" Yoona sighed and nodded. But just as she looked up, they made eye contact. Yoona squeaked and grabbed the book from Seohyun's hands to hide her face. Yuri looked at his direction, giving him an apologatic smile. He returned a small smile and a nod. 

When will you realise you do like him yoong? Yuri thought as she watched him leave the canteen.

"Yul-" "kkab-yul -"

"Yah! Earth to Kwon Yuri" Taeyeon snapped her fingers in front of Yuri's face. Yuri turned to look at Taeyeon only to find the rest of the table staring at her.

"What were you looking at?" Yoona asked, looking straight at one of the tables. A gasp escaped Yoona lips when she realised whose table it was.

"Yah!" Lightly smacking Yuri's arm "Don't tell me you still like him?" Yoona jabbed her thumb at the direction of the table. Yuri followed the direction of Yoona's thumb and was soon met with those deep hazel brown eyes that she once loved, staring back at her. She quickly looked away.

"Yah! Bwoh-yaaah!!" Yuri whined. She hid her face by covering it with her hair as she looked down at her knees.  

Ok Taecyeon. He was her very first boyfriend, her first love. They dated a few months after her grandmother's death (which was four year ago, the same time when Donghae fell for her) for a year and  a half. He was always by her side whenever they were in camp. He made her laugh and made her feel special, he even got along with the other SNSD girls. But when summer was over, they had to part ways since Yuri lived in Goyang,Gyeonggi which was where the camp was as well while he lived in Busan. One day, when she went to Seoul to visit her cousins, she saw him there with another girl, making out outside a public library. She sent him a message saying it's over and left Seoul. That night, Yuri cried herself to sleep. She ignored all of Taecyeon's calls and messages for weeks. until one day, Taecyeon came to her house, hair tousled, red eyes, clothes wrinkled.

"Yuri, please" He begged. He tried reaching for her face, but Yuri moved a step back. Her eyes began to tear up and before she realised it, a loud slap was heard with her right hand throbbing by her side. A visible red mark that looked like a hand print was on Taecyeon's left cheek.

"I saw you" She began " And I don't need to hear your explanation cause it was what it looked like, Goodbye Taecyeon" With that, she slammed the door shut and slowly slid to the ground, sobbing hard. Taecyeon, who was listening to her sobbing hadn't moved an inch, letting a tear escape his left eye. Since that day, Yuri hadn't let anyone new in her heart.

"Yul unnie" Yoona called softly, removing her hands from her tear-streaked face and rubbing her back to comfort her. All

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter