Chapter 5: Your Song

Your voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next on her list was Xiumin who shyly handed her the lyrics and Aria was thankful her sister actually wrote chords with the lyrics. It didn’t took her long like the others and planned to finish it all overnight. She couldn’t work on it during the days because of the missions and her studies but Xiumin took the papers away just right before he went to sleep, leaving her with no material to work.

 

“I knew you’d try to pull an all nighter again. Don’t worry I’ll give it to you back tomorrow.” Xiumin ruffled her hair before wishing her a goodnight and went to his room.

“No fair.” Aria sulked a little and watched the idol walk to his room. Xiumin didn0t hear any foot steps so he turned around only to see Aria giving him a look and he jokingly shooed her away. “Go.” he told and Aria chuckled before obeying the older.

 

Xiumin didn’t know Aria already knew what song it was though and that she made that song with her sister back when she was alive. And with that, Xiumin woke up with a song sent in his phone and reminded himself to scold and thank the kid after breakfast.

 

 

I love you

I’m thankful for you

Its only you I value, that is friend

Oh I love you my friend

I even know you by your eyes

Even if its hard and tiresome, you’re always next to me, my friend

You’re constant like the moonlight, You’re unchanging like the starlight

My friend

Even if it’s hard, let’s always be together

The time we spent together in school, sometimes we were tired and we fought

We like like a pen and a notebook, full of empty space

the boundless days will become memories like yesterday

You are my friend by name

Together waiting for the bus, I saw you stick out your hand

The gift of friendship, we had each others trust

Let’s not change, friend

Only you, my friend

Will you put your arms around me?

I love you my friend

When it’s difficult, lean against me

When it’s painful, lean against me

I’ll definitely wipe your tears

I come whenever

I’ll promise you

Never let go of the two hands you’re holding tightly

Oh I love you my friend

I even know you by your eyes

Even if its hard and tiresome, you’re always next to me, my friend

You’re constant like the moonlight, You’re unchanging like the starlight

My friend

Even if it’s hard, let’s always be together

I love you

I’m thankful for you

Its only you I value, that is friend

Even if time passes, let’s not pass by each other

From now on, let’s know each other’s though by seeing each others eyes (In your

heart)

Our harmony that has another color like Do Re Mi Fa So La Si Do

Let’s run together in a gym track

Let’s hold hands, no matter what happens

Let’s never get go

Let’s be friends that depend on each other

When it’s difficult, lean against me

When it’s painful, lean against me

I’ll definitely wipe your tears

I come whenever

I’ll promise you

Never let go of the two hands you’re holding tightly

Oh I love you thank you

The person I’ll be with for the rest of my life

Oh I love you thank you

I’ll always become your strength

Us two we become hard in this love deeper than love

My friend

Let’s be together always to forever

I love you

I’m thankful for you

I love you

To you…

 

Aria was already in the dining room with Seulgi when Xiumin walked out. The trainee was peacefully eating her cereal when Xiumin ruffled her hair into a mess before sitting beside her.

“Ei!” The trainee whined and tried to stop the idol but the damage was already done and Xiumin was already getting a bowl for himself.

“You stubborn brat.” he said and Aria gave him a glare.

“Is that how you thank people? Coz it’s rude.” she said sulking making the idol laugh. He scooped his cereal and put it in front of Aria. The girl just look at him in confusion.

“Ahhh ~” he cooed making Aria laugh before taking the offered food.

“Thanks.” the older said as he slightly nudged the trainee. Aria grinned in return before nudging the idol back. “No problem.”

 

Seulgi looked at the two in confusion but didn’t interrupt their ‘bonding’.

 

Seul Gi

EXO oppas and Aria have been really close lately. Won’t that give Da Hyun and me disadvantage?

 

Baekhyun just came home from a schedule and joined the three for breakfast. He sat beside Seulgi who passed him a bowl.

“How’s the mission? Getting any cuter? Any new discovered charm?” he asked the two and they replied shortly. Aria told him, she was on it while Seulgi told him about her adventures and plans of changing makeup style. The idol promised to help the girls after his nap and that made Seulgi happy a bit. But then, Aria asked him for something about lyrics and she was, again, out of the conversation. Feeling out of place, she decided to go and work on her mission, leaving the three.

 

Seulgi started planning her mission but since she felt ignored by everyone, she decided to work with her school works first. Da Hyun was still asleep and Suho was the one who woke her up. Apparently, the EXO leader was one of Da Hyun’s mentors and their team was going to treat the trainee because of her efforts. Of course, being the maknae in the house, Da Hyun is mostly love. Even Aria babies her often and it only made Seulgi feel more unloved.

 

Not only that. Seulgi noticed Aria was being close to EXO just like Da Hyun. She was jealous...again.

 

Aria came in their shared room after taking a shower when she saw Seulgi sulking on her bed. Worried, she went to ask what was wrong and the other trainee, not wanting to admit her jealousy, made an excuse.

 

“The oppas are like family to me. I’m the only child and my parents were always busy so when I joined this contest, not only I discovered new things but also great brothers.” she said sadly while Aria listened.

“You know I’m not taking them away, right unnie?” the younger asked and Seulgi gaped. “O-of course not! It’s not that I’m jealous. I just feel alone and tired lately and they’re busy with you guys. But we’re all trainees and I think attention should be divided equally.” she said with a mumble enough for the other to hear.

Aria paused for a moment, not knowing what to say. In her opinion, the mentors have been keeping a close eye on her because she and Da hyun are the ones who have difficulties with the missions. But then again, Aria knew the idols before the contest and maybe, that made them closer to her and Seulgi noticed it. It didn’t help that her late sister was one of their most important friend too.

 

Singhing, Aria patted her unnie’s shoulder with an understanding smile. “You’re right. Don’t worry. I’m sure they’ll make it up to you.” she assured and Seulgi looked at her with hopeful eyes. “You think so?”

“Yeah.”

“Thanks Aria.”

“No big unnie.” she said before going out to window shop for cute things that might help her in their current mission which is to be charming.

 

EXO-M left for a schedule in China for a festival and EXO-K had their own share of schedules so the girls were alone to do their tasks.

----

Chuseok Day came and the trainees and idols decided were given a day off so they decided to call it a day and rest. The only thing they have that day was filiming for the show which they were doing in ease.

Da Hyun, though, went to see her family while Seulgi and Aria decided to stay and rest the whole day. Only EXO-K members were there because EXO-M still has pending schedules in China but will be going back later today too.


 

“Are you sure you’ll be okay here?” Kai whispered to Aria as they did the dishes. EXO-K was going to take Seulgi out to make it up to her. Aria talked to them about how Seulgi was feeling and she proposed the idea. The boys felt apologetic to the other trainee and decided to go along with the plan. They were worried about Aria though, who was going to be alone the whole day in chuseok.

“I’ll be fine. I want to finish Baekhyun’s song right away and I need to catch up with my mission, classes and more. Then maybe I could go and do some shopping. I’ll call you once I’m done and maybe we could all meet up for dinner if I’m close by.” she assured.

“Wow! You’re busier than us idols.” he chuckled and Aria joined along too.

“Just have a great time, okay? And don’t worry about me. As long as I can do music, I’ll be the happiest trainee ever.” she assured and Kai sighed in defeat.

“Just call us if you need anything.”

“I will.”

 

After endless ‘call us if you need us’ and ‘don’t hesitate to join if you’re up to it’ and Aria assuring the idols that she’ll be fine, EXO-K and Seulgi finally went their way to Mt. Namsan to spend the day.

 

Aria closed the door and went to the living room, looking around, as she thought of things she could do. The thing she told Kai earlier were improvised. She already did her school works and Baekhyun’s song already has its structure. Her hands were feeling tired so she decided to take a break on the song. It was too early and sunny outside so she didn’t feel like going out yet.

“Ahhh! I’m bored.” she sighed and plopped on the sofa for a few minutes. She lied there for a good five minutes before sitting up.

 

“Time to clean the dorms!”

 

It took Aria 5 hours to clean the whole dorms and inwardly cursed everyone for not cleaning their stuff. She realized how big the dorm was when she was cleaning the dance studio and the music studio. She cleaned the instruments too since she and Chanyeol, sometimes Lay, were the only ones who uses the instruments there.

After finally finishing the task, Aria decided to reward herself a treat and watched a movie in the dance studio, enjoy the peace and quie--

 

Ding dong!


 

“Hey! You’re here early.” Aria greeted Da Hyun who was struggling with tons of packed foods her mom made her bring.

“Yeah. I still have to finish my mission. Where’s the others?” the younger asked and Aria helped her with the bags.

“They took Seulgi unnie out. She’s been down lately.”

“And you’re here alone?” the maknae asked with a frown and Aria hummed. “You know I like being alone though so it’s no big deal.” she told and Da Hyun silently followed the older to store the food she brought in the fridge.

 

 

Da Hyun

“I feel sorry because I left unnie alone in chuseok. If I knew the oppas will leave her alone, I would’ve taken her with me.”

 

 

“Have you eaten unnie?”

“Not yet. I was watching a movie and was planning on eating out later.” she replied and Da Hyun happily dragged her unnie out to eat.

 

 

Aria was shocked when Da Hyun suddenly wanted to go out and eat with her but she didn’t struggle. Maybe, the others were right about the thing they were worried about. Maybe, Aria was a little bit sad spending chuseok alone.

“Unnie! My mom brought us something.” Da Hyun excitedly walked beside Aria with their hands holding each other. “She was disappointed when I came alone but I told her we’d wear the hanbok she brought us together so she can see it in broadcast. You’ll wear it, right? Unnie, right?” she asked in gleaming eyes and Aria didn’t have the heart to say no.

“Yeah. yeah. Watch your step would you? You might trip.” she lightly scolded and Da Hun paid no attention and snuggled close to her unnie, making the older chuckle.

 

Aria

“I’m thankful Da Hyun came early. Maybe I was a bit lonely that day.” she shrugged. “I didn’t know until she came but Da Hyun made me feel better. Thanks Da Hyunnie.” she made a heart sign with her hands.

 

The two went home afterwards and just as promised wore the habok Da Hyun’s mom gave to them. Da Hyun wore a pretty light green hanbok while Aria wore a magenta colored one, leaving the pink for Seulgi. Seulgi likes pink and the two had it in consideration.

They wore the traditional clothes and continued the movie they left unfinished. Aria ordered pizza since she was still hungry and the two spent their evening together comfortably, even fooling around. Dancing in EXO’s songs in hanbok and even playing instruments.

 

The night dragged on and the two eventually felt tired and fell asleep in their hanboks, their bodies sprawled on the blanket lied on the floor, the instruments they used, surrounding them both.

Aria fell asleep, still holding the guitar as she strummed it randomly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter