Chapter 12: One heart, Two voices

Your voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After lunch, Aria’s team went back to the practice room and there started making the choreography for three hours. The idols were surprised on how fast Aria did things and how she finished the whole choreography, with their help, in such a short time.

Aria wanted to practice more and was frustrated because she couldn’t catch the ribbon that was part of the choreography but her mentors told her to rest and not push her body to its limit. But of course, the trainee didn’t listen and as soon as the idols went out for their schedule, Aria went back to the practice room and trained for another hour. And of course, after that, she had to stop because of her aching lower abdomen that she tried to ignore but failed miserably and ended up wrapping herself in her comforter in the middle of the practice room again, cursing her life as she listened to the repeating song she should be dancing in to.

 

Seul Gi and Da Hyun finished their practice 3 hours after and decided to pay Aria a visit but saw the girl wrapped in her comforter again. The two trainees have been assigned to a different dance studio so they could have space and privacy in preparing for their assignment.

The trainees were expecting a dancing Aria and got worried when they saw a human burrito on the floor.

 

“What happened to you?” Seul Gi was the one who first sat beside Aria. Aria replied a groan and the two knew what happened. She pushed herself too hard and her ‘ovaries’ were hurting again. “I’m sure oppas told you to rest but you didn’t.” Seul Gi scolded and Da Hyun went out to prepare some chamomile tea for her unnie.

“Yeah. It’s just that… I’ve lost a day of practice already and another three hours when this body of mine decided to hate me and make my life miserable.” Aria whined and Seul Gi just rolled her eyes. “You should’ve just listened to your mentors. You will have less hours to practice but at least you wouldn’t be in pain like now.” She told and Aria just hummed. “I guess.” She said with a sigh. “But since tomorrow with be my fifth day, the pain will be all gone, I suppose. Pain only happens in the first 4 days.” Aria told and Seul Gi felt a little bit uncomfortable.

She knew that wishing Aria's pain to continue was selfish but she still wanted it to happen. She knew that if Aria’s pain continues, she’ll have the chance to get number one place again this week. Of course, there’s Da Hyun to compete with but the maknae gets easily distracted. Her problem was the talented Aria who could get in the number one spot without even trying.

 

“Well… hope you feel better soon.” Seul Gi said half heartedly and Aria hummed as a thanks.

 

 

The next day, Aria’s pain was gone and just like expected, she practiced a lot. She didn’t even need her mentors’ help since the choreography was already done and the mentors were just dancing along with her or just observing her to be able to give more suggestions in improving the performance. They were really satisfied with the girl’s improvement and decided to order a special dinner for the girls who worked really hard these past 5 days.

 

Seul Gi was half done with hers program. Lay, as one of the main dancers of the mentors, really paid attention with every detail of Seul Gi’s choreography and movements slowing the procedure of finishing the presentation.

“Put more grace on the wave part. Don’t rush.” Lay said, making Seul Gi huff. It was the 4th time Lay said that and it’s been 4 times since Seul Gi has been repeating the same steps and the trainee’s patience was slowly drying low. Seul Gi did it for the fifth time and Lay sighed.

 

Lay

“She’s dragging herself to dance and I honestly think that it won’t work like that.” He sighed.

 

“What now?!” Seul Gi finally snapped and the mentors blinked at her tantrum.

“Maybe we should take a break.” Tao suggested only to receive a look from the trainee. “I heard Aria and Da Hyun are already finished with their choreography and I have a half done.” She told. “How am I supposed to win this round if you guys want me to rest all the time?” she frowned.

“Woah.” Chen muttered, shocked. “You should really take a break, Seul Gi. You’re being moody on us.” He said honestly and the trainee sighed. She sat down on the floor and brushed her black hair back. “I’m just upset because you guys won’t let me do it my way.” She said. “It’s like everything I do is wrong.”

“It’s not like that Seul Gi.” Lay said. “I just want you to notice the details. I didn’t mean to hold you back. I am your mentor. That’s why I’m doing this. But if you think you can do a better job with yourself, you should’ve said it from the beginning.” He continued. “We could’ve just sit down there and comment later on.”

“Do that then. I’ll just show you what I have later.” The trainee said, still ticked at the mentor. “I need some time alone to concentrate. Comeback in an hour.” She said and the mentors wordlessly went out of the studio.

 

Chen

“I can feel her pressuring herself.” he pouted. “I’m kind of disappointed on how she talked to us. I understand she’s under pressure and that Lay hyung can be a little-too-detailed for her program but that’s not how you talk to your mentors, right?”

 

Tao

“Did she really have to talk like that to the hyungs?” he asked, confused. “Maybe she was just tired. I’m kind of guilty because we can’t help her a lot.”

 

Chanyeol

“uuhhh.” He paused, thinking on how he should comment on the trainee’s actions without sounding upset which he was. “I think she should’ve told us what she wanted in the beginning.”

“I feel sorry for Lay hyung because out of all of us there, he was the one paying really good attention to Seul Gi because he wants to help her. Then, she just pushes him away like that.”

 

Seul Gi

“I didn’t mean to be harsh to them but they weren’t helping. I know they want me to do well but our style just doesn’t match. That’s why I’m still half way on my homework and the others are already finished.” She reasoned. “And I feel that they don’t really like me.” She added. “Maybe they liked teaching Aria more.”

“That hurts me.” She sighed.

 

 

Da Hyun like the dancer she is, was already done and polishing her moves like Aria. Unlike Seul Gi’s team, hers was a lively group and was always laughing with Luhan’s awkward comments and Kris’ body gag. That man was just too funny sometimes they forget practice but D.O and Sehun were there to remind them.

Da Hyun was a very young and lively girl. Her mentors like the way she works hard and loves her natural aegyo that comes out in whatever the trainee did.

 

“One more time and we’re done for the day.” Sehun and Luhan said and Da Hyun stood up, still panting from the previous round of practice but didn’t complain. She loves dancing and to be able to dance and have fun with talented people like EXO made her more excited.

“HAIIII!” she chimed and went to her position, the mentors smiling at the hard working girl. She gave Kris a little nod and the Chinese leader pushed the play button and the three, Da Hyun, Luhan and Sehun started dancing again.

 

Da Hyun is a very sweet girl. She’s half Korean and half Japanese but she lived in South Korea since she was five and her whole family is in the same country. She’s a very talented but shy girl. She was a normal trainee for three years until she got selected to enter the E.T program. But got demoted and returned in the normal training process after three months when she got bullied by some elite seniors and failed the weekly evaluation. Her specialty was dancing and with her three months stay in the E.T, she learned how to rap. But that wasn’t enough to let her stay in the E.T program.

Then, after six months of staying at the normal training procedure again, she was chosen to participate in the reality show along with Aria and Seul Gi, who were also secretly elites. The trainees never talked about being E.T themselves though, knowing how top secret the program is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter