Chapter 10: One heart, Two voices

Your voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Half an hour has passed and Aria shook the idols awake. “It’s done. Eat and leave the plates in the sink, I’ll wash it tomorrow.” She told and went to seat on Kyungsoo’s spot as she watched the idols crowd the dining table and eat.

“You cooked this?” Kai asked and Aria chuckled at the obvious question. “Aniyo, you did. Don’t you remember?” she said followed by a small chuckle making the tired guys blink.

Did the serious Aria just tell a joke? They asked themselves but there not say it out loud.

 

“It’s good.” Kris smiled at her and the girl just nodded. “Eat, foods getting cold.” She said and decided to go back to the dining room and join them for the late midnight snack.

 

Kai

“Aria could be mistaken as an EXO member from the way she eats.” He chuckled. “She eats like Tao.”

 

Aria

“I get hungry when I work with something and seeing them eat made me hungry even though I’ve just eaten.”

 

After eating, Aria washed the plates for all of them while the boys thanked her for the food. They all went to their rooms to wash up and get ready to sleep when Kai and Sehun decided to take out the bucket of ice cream in the freezer.

“Want some?” Sehun asked and Aria almost raised a brow at the idol. The Oh almighty Sehun was talking to him, offering her an ice cream. That was new. And not wanting to be rude, Aria gave him a silent nod.

It’s not that she’s still angry at him. She just didn’t want to talk to him like she's forced to do so.

 

After washing the dishes, Aria finally joined the two on the sofa. Kai gave her space and Aria sat beside him making Kai the holder of the ice cream while the three of them have their own spoon to dig in to the treat.

“Really, bubble gum flavor is not that bad.” Kai said and Aria took a large spoon before nodding. “I know, right? Tootie fruity just too sweet for me.” She added and Sehun listened quietly to their conversation.

 

Silvia liked tootie fruity. He said to himself and decided to stop listening to the two as he centered his attention on the TV show they were watching. It didn’t take them long until the three finished the treat and felt sleepy.

“I think I’ll go to my room now.” Aria yawned and was about to stand up when Suho came out of his room.

“Did you guys finish the ice cream?” the leader asked and the three turned to him saying a sleepy ‘Yes.’ The leader was amazed with the three’s appetite but didn’t have the energy to tell them and just told them not to sleep yet since they just ate and went back to his room to sleep so Aria had to stay for a while in the living room knowing that she'll fall asleep once she gets contact with her bed.

But of course, bed was not the only place to sleep on and no matter how they fought not to sleep, they ended up doing so the next 10 minutes Suho told them not to.

Aria was lying on the sofa while Kai and Sehun shared the other sofa with their feet on the coffee table. Kai was snoring a little while Sehun slept peacefully but his straight face was still there.

 

Kris just finished washing up and when he saw the living room lights still on. He went out to check on the members who should be sleeping and found the three. He also saw the empty bucket of ice cream and shook his head.

Of course they’d finish it all in one go. He told himself and went to wake up the maknaes telling them to sleep in their rooms and brush their teeth before doing so.

Of course the two, half asleep, did was told but skipped the brushing teeth part and went directly in their rooms to sleep. Kris kind of knew the maknaes will do that that’s why he made a mental note to drop a bottle of water later in their rooms so when they woke up with the sweet taste, they didn’t have to go down their beds to get a glass of water.

 

After watching the two youngest members go to their rooms without tripping or walking in to the walls or closed doors, he then turned to wake Aria up. “Aria, wake up.” He said but the girl didn’t move so he shook her gently.

“Mmmm.” Aria squirmed from his hold and finally opened her tired eyes and Kris took the chance to tell her to go to her room to sleep in which Aria nodded and stood up with her eyes still closed. She walked towards her shared bedroom while Kris watched her. And as expected, Aria tripped and fell on the floor.

What Kris didn’t expect was for Aria to stay on the floor and continued her sleep right on that spot. Kris poked Aria’s feet with his toe but the girl didn’t even budge. She really fell back asleep and Kris couldn’t contain his smile at the young girl.

 

Kris

“HAHAHAHA!” he laughed and clapped his hands remembering what happened that night. “She really has her charms.”

 

“Ahhh, jinjja.” Kris chuckled and carried the girl in the trainees’ room. I wonder how you managed living alone.

 

 

The next day, EXO stayed the whole day and kept watch of their trainees’ progress on their assignments and after the tiring whole day of work, they got together and played with the guitar singing and humming silly things as they joke and laugh together.

It was then when the mentors decided to get to know more about their trainees and asked them questions.

“How did you three get into this show?” Chen asked and the three looked at each other to see who should answer first and Da Hyun ended up replying. “I went to workshops and they recommend me to enter an agency and I became a trainee.”

“I auditioned.” Seul Gi followed suit and then Aria.

“I used to sing demo songs for agencies as a part time job.” Aria said unconsciously playing the familiar chords that reminded her of her sister. “When my sister died, she told me to pursue my dreams and with that, I entered the company I was working at as a trainee and took the offer to come here.” She continued and everyone’s eyes suddenly were on her. They didn’t know she went through a lot, not even EXO.

 

“I’m sorry about your sister.” Chanyeol said on behalf of everyone and Aria just shrugged at it. “It’s okay. A part of her is still alive.” She blurted out confusing everyone.

“Huh?” Tao was eagerly listening as well as the others and Aria felt like she should tell them. She didn’t have to but she did anyways.

 

Maybe, this is the start of giving them my trust. She told herself before starting her story.

“You see, when I was little, I lived a good life.” She said. “I have perfect parents, perfect sister, perfect family and we had almost everything.” “Everything was so perfect around me but everyone knows that inside me, there was something wrong.” She told. “I had a blue heart.” She confessed. “I was a premature baby and maybe I was just unlucky like that.” She shrugged. “That time, I wasn’t able to play outside and play tag like others or even climb upstairs by myself because anything that tires me could end my life. That’s why my family was so over protective of me and never let me go outside.” She told.

“My sister though was a healthy young girl and even though she had lots of friends and goes to school like other normal kids does, she preferred to always stay with me indoors and spend time with me. She taught me how to play instruments instead and tells me stories about her school and stuff.” She continued. “We were really happy back then even if I only had my family and my sister as a friend. We have music to spend time with and our parents were happy because as musicians themselves, they were really happy to see that I and my sister were also interested in it.”

“It was all perfect for me and I was contented even though I couldn’t go out back then.” “But then, my parents died in an accident and my sister started having headaches two years after our parents’ death.” She gulped. “It was then when the doctors found a tumor in her brain but it was already too late to cure it. The cancer was already in stage 3.” Everyone was tearing up by this point.

 

“After that, my sister stopped taking the medicines and going to her treatments and decided to go out of the hospital. My aunt and uncle who were taking care of us were really broken hearted about it and I was too.” She gave them a smile seeing that they were looking at her with that familiar look. Pity.

“After she went out of the hospital, she told us that she wanted to live her dreams even if it’s just for a while. So she left home and did music with my uncle’s help.” She told. “And I was left with my aunty. I didn’t have the heart to st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter