Chapter 5: One heart, Two voices

Your voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“ARIA OH MY GOD!” Aria sighed. So much for my peaceful summer. She sat up and looked at Rima with her poker face. “What?” she asked coldly making Rima pout.

“Ya, don’t use that face on me.” Her fellow trainee, who visits her often in her dorm, said and sat beside her. “I just ruined you’re quiet time, right?” she asked and Aria nonchalantly nodded.

Rima just smiled. “Well, it’s going to be worth it. Your training agency called, they want you to go in their office. You know where that is, right?““It’s a pity we can’t say which agency is training us.” Rima sighed.

What do they want this time? I just made them a song last week. Aria asked herself. “What time?” she asked. “After 4pm.” Rima replied and Aria nodded and lay down again playing with her guitar with Rima lightly swaying to the sound with her eyes close feeling the music.

“It’s a very good day today, huh?” Rima smiled still with her eyes close and Aria just let the girl talk. “And you’re in a good mood too.” She added taking a deep relaxing breathe enjoying the peaceful day with Aria. I hope I can debut with Aria and enjoy peaceful days like this every day. Rima thought.

 

Even though Rima was a year ahead of training than Aria, she still looks up at the younger. She admired how Aria was always composed and calm, how she enjoys music in everything she does and how she could just bluntly say her honest opinion. It could go out of hand sometimes, but that just how Aria is and Rima accepts that about her unlike some fellow senior trainees that were jealous at Aria.

Rima was also aware that she’s too bubbly for Aria’s company but she just want to be beside her, to learn from the younger and to enjoy the music she walks with.

 

“Rima.” Aria called still strumming the guitar and the elder responded with a gentle hum. “Can you sing a song for me?” Aria asked.

One more thing Rima loves about Aria is that she just randomly makes songs and makes people, who are suitable, sing it and sometimes, she just gives the song to the owner of the voice. The only thing is, some people that suited some of Aria’s song didn’t gave Aria the credit and claimed the song all to themselves to get praises from their training agency and trainers which irks Rima. But to Aria, it was seen not as a problem but people digging their own graves and having her songs be heard by others along with the suitable voice for it. Digging their graves as the trainers will know if the student really made the songs if they compare it to the past songs composed.

 

“It’s on the guitar case beside you.” Aria told knowing Rima likes singing her songs. Rima then took the sheets and took a look the notes before turning at the younger. “You just made this, right?” she asked. “Maybe.” Aria replied and Rima just chuckled. “Let’s start from the top.” Aria told making Rima pout. “Yah, aren’t you giving me time to look at the notes? I’ve never heard of this song you know.” She told and Aria smirked. “You don’t need it.” She said and Rima just laughed. “You got me.” “Okay, from the top then.” The older said with a smile. And Aria then, strummed the guitar gently as Rima sung the song by just following the keys.

 

Somewhere the wind is blowing

I'm going there

Under the tree

That looks like your hair

Leaning on the bumpy train

I'm writing a letter to you

I'm standing in the road 

That I've seen in my dreams

Although it's an uncertain happiness

With excitement and fear

There are people and the sky

That we will feel and see

Although there are tough days

For our new dreams

Somewhere the wind is blowing

I'm going there

Somewhere the sun is shining

I'm going there

Leaving myself to the wind

I'm going there

Although the rolling waves shake me

I looked at the horizon

Somewhere the sun is smiling

I'm going there

Somewhere the leaves are beckoning

I'm going there

While I was walking, whistling a song 

You come into my mind

Although I miss your voice

I never look back

Somewhere the wind is blowing

I'm going there

la la la la la la la la…

 

As expected. Aria smiled as she listened to Rima’s voice and the instrument’s sound blend in perfectly. She knew Rima’s sweet and soft voice will fit in this genre and she was not mistaken. Plus, the lyrics really suits Rima’s positive and bubbly being.

 

After singing the whole song, Aria gave the song sheets to Rima and then went back to her apartment to get ready for the meeting with her CEO.

If he’s asking for another song, I’ll ask him bigger allowance. She thought as she rode her skate board home with the guitar on her back. CEO-nim is my uncle but that doesn’t mean I won’t ask for a fee. She chuckled at herself already imagining her uncle’s face after telling about the added fee.

He’s not the stingy kind of guy and would just give money if it was needed and deserved so that’s not the problem. The deal was how Aria asks for her allowance. She asks like she’s one of the employees when she’s his niece. And behaving like that ticks his uncle off; he didn’t like his family talking to him formally like Aria often does. But Aria doesn’t do it because she’s awkward with him, she just does it because she likes her uncles’ expression whenever she does it.

 

Aria entered her training agency’s office and there met her uncle and more unexpected guests that Aria guessed were important. The girl greeted them with a bow and went to the seat offered to her that was beside his uncle’s.

So it’s not about requesting another song? She thought as she listened quietly to the adults’ conversation.

 

“You want some elite trainees to participate on a reality show?” Aria’s uncle asked. “Your company is aware that the elite training is a top secret matter, right? And they want the kids to be exposed on the TV before their debut?” he added a little bit colder than usual. The common sense of these people has evaporated. He thought to himself.

KBS was planning a reality show where three trainees have to be trained by idols and learn from them for 200 days. But they want elite trainees to participate and Aria was one of their first options.

 

“Of course, the information of them being elites won’t be revealed and they would be introduced as normal trainees. The training agency they are under will also be hidden until the final episode where the idols who trained them will guess which company they’re from.” The representative explained. “The trainees will be staying in one dorm with the idols that will teach them. That way, the idols can teach them anytime they can and there will be no problems with their schedules.”“The dorm where they will be staying will be the place where they will be filming and training. They might do some outing but that depends on the idols’ and trainees’ schedules.” “Not only that, the trainees who participated might have a chance to debut if the training agency they signed allows them to. KBS will back them up and give them lot of benefits and opportunities to become more successful.” They continued.

“So what do you think of our offer, sir? Aria-ssi?” they suddenly turned to the girl.

“This is a great opportunity to be known and it’s okay if you make a mistake since you’re just a trainee and the idols will help you improve.” One added, making Aria’s uncle snort.

 

“I don’t think you get it.” The CEO told trying to hold back his smirk. “Elites aren’t called elites for nothing. Having some idols who just went through a normal training teach these kids won’t be enough. Even hiring teachers for them was difficult since they learn too fast and had to correct their mentors in the end.” He told and Aria silently agreed. “You get what I mean, right?” he asked and the representatives nodded.

I think I got my big mouth from uncle. She thought to herself as she watched her uncle ‘own’ the conversation.

 

“That is the point, sir.” One said. “That way, they will learn quickly and the idols won’t have a hard time. Let’s just say that learning on how to sing, dance, act or interpret is not the thing but having to see the idol life. That way the trainees will be aware of what kind of life they will be li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter