Chapter 9: The Mission To Find You

The Perfect Humanoid [Hiatus]

 

 

No one’s Pov

 

 

 

Dinner was quiet as the four remain so after their meeting with one not knowing what to say. Clinking of the bowls and soft chewing is all that is sounded between the five of them. Awkwardness is present but at the same time, so is relief. There isn’t much to say as their plans start as early as tomorrow. Everything is ready; bags packed in Yoochun’s car and ready to go.

 

Junsu felt the heavy atmosphere but doesn’t say anything in case he might speak recklessly. Not knowing anything had led to him feeling a little left out in a lot of things. Yoochun refuses to talk until they are completely certain in specific things. Knowing too much is never a good thing especially when it comes to government run ‘businesses’. There are glances between him and his lover but Yoochun shakes his head, his eyes telling him that they would speak later. He understands, he really does but at the same time he really doesn’t.

 

 

 

“Thank you so much for dinner, Junsu ssi. Once again, it was lovely.” Yongguk praised the elder, picking up his finished rice bowl to the sink. Zelo nodded with agreement and Changmin let out a proud smile.

 

 

 

“No problem! It’s nice to hear feedback from other people other than Chunnie. I’ll make you whatever and as much as you like so if you have anything you want to eat, just tell me!” The two laughed putting their empty dishes away with Changmin and letting it sit in warm water. Changmin was the first to excuse himself, dragging along Yongguk and Zelo since the two were too nice to leave before everyone finished eating. It was a rubbish excuse he made to get them out but Junsu accepted it nonetheless. With a final glace at the Yoochun, Changmin left to the duo’s room to discuss tomorrow’s trip.

 

 

 

“Chun, are you done?” The shorter asked, putting away his dishes. Junsu rolled his sleeves up, getting ready to wash the dishes. He’s so focused on the job in front of him; he doesn’t hear the footsteps coming closer and louder from behind. It isn’t when an arm is put around him with an empty bowl, does he realise the presence of his lover.

 

Yoochun adds his finished bowl into the sink while the young is washing. Their hands touch for a second but he moves it away in time for him not to touch the water. He sees the slight jolt Junsu makes when he does so, knowing that he’s just startled the other. It happens often and the reaction is the same as always. Sometimes Yoochun wonders if the younger would ever learn but at the same time, he doesn’t really want him to learn. The shocked reaction is too entertaining for him to give it up.

 

 

 

“Su? Can we talk?” They both know what’s going to happen when the elder uses that tone. Soft but clear with a slight guilt, one that neither like hearing of using on either of them which leads them to seldom use it. Junsu doesn’t turn around which leads Yoochun tow worry further. He waits patiently, however, for the other to give him some kind of reaction. It isn’t until the last dish is washed and placed on the drying rack does the younger turn to his lover with a smile.

 

 

 

“Ok! Should we sit?”  There is a reassuring smile on the younger’s face as they make their way to the living room sofa. They sat down, Yoochun opting to sit on the single sofa while the younger took the longer one, staying on the side closest to his lover. An exchange of looks told the younger to preparing him for whatever was going to happen. He took him a deep breath and let it out slowly. There is no sound other than their breaths and the shallow winds from outside.

 

 

 

“Su?” His voice was low but soft, breaking the silence, in a way that Junsu’s heard only once before. During his proposal, he remembers back. Fondness was what it was. He had almost forgotten the voice had it not been for today.

 

 

 

“Yeah?” The younger answered back with just as much. Their eyes locked tight, none wanting to budge the slightest. Yoochun remembered just exactly why he fell in love with the younger in the first place.

 

“Is everything alright?” He asks when there is no answer from the elder. Junsu takes the hand of his lover, warming them against his own when he feels the worry coming from the man.

 

 

 

“We’ve found him, Changmin’s humanoid.” Joy was what came first before uncertainty. Yoochun watched the change in expression which came as quick as ever. That’s when he knew he had some explaining to do.

 

“But their capture has done something to him. We’ve managed to locate him but at the same time, there is a possibility of 4 other humanoids located around the country that could be him.” Yoochun explained, closing his eyes at the bad news before looking back at his lover. Junsu listened intently, nodding his head at the information given to him.

 

 

 

He had always wanted to be forgiving and lenient when it came to his lover’s job. There wasn’t much that he knew about it and the more Yoochun tried to explain it, the more lost he became. An open mind, he reminded himself.

 

 

 

“Is there-“

 

 

 

“No there isn’t.” He cut him off, shaking his head.

 

“We’ve managed to get the locations but we have to search them one by one.” Junsu looked at the man, unblinking. He searched for something, anything to tell him that it wasn’t true. Soon, he realised there was nothing and that his lover’s words were the truth. A light smile came to his lips and he asked the only question he could possible ask given the situation he was in.

 

 

 

“Will it be dangerous?”

 

 

 

“Possibly.”

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

The duo waves the trio goodbye as they make their way into the elder’s car. There is not much they packed, just a suitcase each and a tablet just in case. While Yoochun says his goodbyes to Junsu, Changmin is sat in the front passenger seat with nothing more than a piece of dust in his mind.

 

 

 

“Please tell us once you’ve reached the first location.” The younger humanoid’s eyes were laced with sympathy and worry for the both. Zelo stood by Changmin window, Yongguk just behind him like a guard. The possibility of the mission becoming dangerous was evident with the time and skill put into the perfect humanoid.  The thief was no commoner which makes it harder for the two. Still they knew that there was no backing out now. Changmin nodded with understanding.

 

A slamming of the driver’s told them it was time to journey off. As Zelo stepped back from the vehicle, Yoochun started the car. There were no more words exchanged as the car backed out of the driveway and into the road. Junsu waved his lover and friend goodbye, only leaving once they were no longer in sight.

 

A few minutes had passed since they were on the road and Yoochun’s house was no longer in sight. Changmin took out the note he was given by the younger humanoid, which contained the 5 different locations and a small black book from his pocket. He looked between the two and began moving the details into his notebook. The five locations in order of search were as follows:

 

 

 

  1. Gangnam
  2. Illsan
  3. Yeouido
  4. Pangyo
  5. Sokcho

 

 

 

“Hyung, how long will it take to Gangnam?” He asked, closing his book and stuffing it into his pocket. He turned to his side to look out the window and onto the streets. Changmin let the air hit him lightly as his heart began beating faster with excitement.

 

 

 

“About 15 minutes. 30 minutes or longer if there is any traffic.” Yoochun answered with little enthusiasm since his concentration was solely on his driving. The other didn’t blame the elder for his lack of any emotions. Instead, he felt bad dragging the elder into his mess. Kyuhyun was his to care for and in less than a month, he had already failed him as a Maker and a Master. If anything, Changmin was the sole owner for the blame for the events that transpired.

 

 

 

“Hyung?” Changmin called out as lightly as possible though that was unintentional. A hum in reply was all he got. The younger thought for a while as he tried to wrap his head around his words. There was nothing much to say other than the words he really needed.

 

“I’m sorry.” His voice was a lot quieter, almost top quiet. Had it been anyone else, they would have missed the small apology but it was Yoochun we were talking about. The man had come accustomed in dealing with the younger scientist and keeping his ears as well as eyes open was trained with the time they spent.

 

 

 

“It’s fine, Min. We're brothers right? Brothers help each other.” Changing had almost forgotten how the nickname sounded when spoken by another. He had refused to answer by it since his parents died 10 years ago causing everyone else to stop using it. Yoochun was one of the only ones who knew him by that name but the pain the younger showed every time he was called ‘Min’ made it hard for the elder to carry on using it.

 

 

 

“Yeah, brothers.” A small smile came to Changmin lips. Though Yoochun couldn’t see it, he could feel the pressure of the younger slowly lighten in the vehicle.

 

They carried on driving with Yoochun SAT Nav telling him which way to turn in. Turning to the corner, they could see the sudden change from local areas to a private road. It felt scary driving along it as the houses became bigger and bigger as they continued.

 

 

 

“Is this right?” Yoochun leaned forward, scanning the numbers displayed proudly on the front doors of each mansion. Each one was of a pure white which showed off elegance and purity. They scanned the area, looking for the one which exacted their address given by the younger humanoid.

 

 

 

“Hyung! I think it’s just there!” Changmin pointed up front to one of the large mansions. The elder squinted, leaning forward to get a better view of the number. He could see from the outline is the one they were looking for.

 

Yoochun drove around, looking for the perfect parking spot to stop the vehicle as they began their spying mission. They stopped at a corner beside the house where an overgrown tree helped mask most of their vehicle without blocking their view. There, they began looking out for any signs of life within the Mansion.

 

 

 

“Min, can you pass me the tablet please?” The elder pointed at the device. Changmin passed the gadget over to him without another word, helping the elder unlock it as he did so. Yoochun typed in the address, trying to find out more information on the owner of the property but unfortunately there was nothing noted in who the mansion belonged to. Everything had been covered up and protected. Of course it would be, he thought to himself as he switched off the tablet and out it to the side. Everyone and anyone who lived in one of these luxury buildings were all of great importance. That meant they were greatly protected by the government to ensure their safety. If anyone knew what they were doing, Yoochun and Changmin could easily land a room in jail for trespassing.

 

 

 

“I’ve already searched up the rest of the addresses but everything requires a level 5 government pass or access code. Nothing, not even an image of the possible owner(s) shows up in the searches.” The younger signed, leaning forward from his seat as he continued to watch the building in front.

 

Hours had passed and no sign of life was seen nor heard. Yoochun had left the younger waiting in the car for a few minutes ago to find something to fill their stomachs as they hadn’t had anything since they left the house earlier in the morning. Changmin began dozing off to sleep as boredom got to him. Suddenly, he felt something on him. More importantly, he felt a pair of eyes on him. Quickly, he sat up, looking around for the owner of the strong gaze on him but there was nothing but blank air.

 

 

 

“What? I-I must be going crazy…”