Chapter 8: Opening Up

The Perfect Humanoid [Hiatus]

 

No one’s Pov

 

 

 

It was another warm day. Jaejoong sits while enjoying a nice cup of tea with a book in the Mansion gardens as he feels the warm sunlight on his pale skin. It’s hasn’t been longer than 10 minutes but he is already feeling bored. Or rather, he’s feeling someone’s gaze burning down on him as he minds his own business. Normally, he would try to ignore the unwanted attention but for some reason, his mind told him to acknowledge it. The gaze was so strong, he knows exactly where to look to find the person on the other end of it.

 

The raven humanoid looks up directly at one of the large windows and sees the brown tuffs of another. Their eyes meet and the other remains expressionless but Jaejoong knows he is flustered with the sudden locking of their eyes. The boy his head to one side, trying to understand why the raven had suddenly acknowledged him after days of watching the elder. This was a first.

 

 

 

‘Wait there.’ Jaejoong signs to the boy sitting by the window. It isn’t when he receives a small nod that he stands up from his seat and makes his way towards his late Master’s mother’s room. He doesn’t know what’s gotten into him but at that very moment, he wants to pay the boy a visit. Even if it’s not allowed, even if Master Yunho doesn’t wish for it to happen, he feels the boy should have some kind of interaction with another.

 

The walk up towards the room is somewhat long but Jaejoong’s long legs helps him breeze through the journey. Without realising, he had already made it and was standing in front of the large double doors. He knocks twice, waiting for a reply.

 

 

 

“Come in.” Kyuhyun’s voice comes as a small muffle from the other side and Jaejoong doesn’t wait any longer before opening the doors. He walks in; eyes trained on the younger as he closes the door behind him. The brunette stays put by the windowsill, only his head had changed from the position before.

 

 

 

“Is the Master not with you?” The elder raven asks softly, noticing that Yunho was not in the room as he normally would be (if he was, Jaejoong would have been asked to leave without speaking another word). The boy shakes his head with closed eyes before opening them up again.

 

 

 

“Master left for the day. He promised to show me around the Mansion but has not yet done so.” There was a hint of sadness in his voice which shocked the other Humanoid as the emotions in his voice was already starting to come through. He had known that Kyuhyun was born for left that 2 months and the growth in which he was going at was extraordinary. Jaejoong had never seen a Humanoid learn so fast but the little time he spent with the boy only limited his knowledge on him.

 

 

 

“Then would you like me to show you around?” He asked, walking over to the other without hesitation. Kyuhyun stood up immediately, nodding his head with enthusiasm.

 

 

 

“Yes please, Jaejoong ssi!” A smile didn’t arrive on the younger’s face as though his expressions were stuck to one but the way his eyes glistened told Jaejoong otherwise. He chuckled; ruffling the younger’s hair as he did so. No wonder Master is so fond of him, he thought to himself.

 

 

 

“There is no need for formalities, just call all me hyung. We are brothers of the same kind after all.” Kyuhyun looked away to the windows and back at the elder as though checking if someone or something was listening in on their conversation. Jaejoong cocked a brow with gentle curiosity, knowing that they were the only two in the room and that there were no devices planted in the room after a quick scan of his system.

 

 

 

“Is that possible? You won’t get in trouble if I call you hyung?” He asked with slight worry as he looked back at the elder. This question confused Jaejoong further. How was it possible for someone to get in trouble for dropping formalities after getting permission from the person? Jaejoong thought Kyuhyun was interesting.

 

 

 

“Why would I get in trouble?” Kyuhyun looked down, not daring to meet the other’s eyes. There was hesitance and uneasiness which made the younger’s screen grow funny. The feeling was unnamed to him but he knew it wasn’t good. However, he couldn’t get rid of it. His stomach was turning.

 

 

 

“Master might not like it… He doesn’t let me get too close to others.” Kyuhyun had noticed that since his awakening. Jaejoong was casted aside and after that, his only form of interaction with another being was the Master himself. Days were spent locked in the room and as much as Kyuhyun wanted to go out and explore, something told him to stay quiet and not ask for such luxury such as freedom. Other than Yunho, he exchanged greetings with Jaejoong and Siwon but it was only the simple ‘Hi, hello. Goodbye.” Nothing else was said other than that. If he wasn’t a humanoid himself, Kyuhyun might have never known the raven was a bot like him. Luckily all humanoids are able to detect one another, making it easier for them to mark out humans and humanoids.

 

 

 

“That is only for your protection. If you prefer, you can call me hyung when we’re alone. In front of others, you will have to call me Jaejoong ssi. It will be out little secret, alright?” Kyuhyun nodded enthusiastically.

 

 

 

“Right, Jaejoong hyung.” The younger’s eyes twinkled against the light, his voice a lot softer than usual. A smile came on the elders lips and he bought his hand up to ruffle the humanoid’s hair once again. A hum was heard from Kyuhyun lips ad he leaned towards the warmth.

 

 

 

“Is it hard, staying indoors all day?” Kyuhyun looked up and back down to the floor. There was a short pause which already told Jaejoong the answer to his question but he still wanted to hear it in the younger’s words.

 

 

 

“If it makes Master happy, it is not hard.” Ah, he remembers. Those words mimicked the ones which he once said. His heart, mind and soul belonged to the Master but as time went on and his knowledge grew, there was only confusion left in him. He still believed in the Master but some things he did, the humanoid did not agree with. Still, he was put on this Earth to serve his Master and that was what he was going to do.

 

 

 

“Master has promised to show you around. If you wish, I could do it in his place.  We don’t know when he’ll be back to show you. If you feel uneasy, I can explain to him after his comes home.” Jaejoong quickly added the last sentence, knowing that the younger would feel worried. However, Kyuhyun didn’t budge, his eyes still clouded with a thousand thoughts. Jaejoong bought a smile to his face to calm the younger down. The expression drew the younger’s eyes towards the elder’s, fascinated by the beauty of the other.

 

“However about this, I’ll only show you my favourite place in the Mansion. Master can show you the rest when he comes back.” There was great hesitance but the moment Jaejoong took the younger’ hands into his own, Kyuhyun’s worries dissipated.

 

 

 

“Let’s go!” He spoke, voice half a tone higher than usual.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

It had been two days since Changmin first gave Kyuhyun’s 5 codes to Yongguk and Zelo. Two days of waiting was nothing compared to the month before but he knew it was a matter of time before he started to get restless again. Patience wasn’t his speciality after all.

 

Staying with Yoochun and Junsu had helped with his insomnia and for a long time, he was finally getting into a routine. Waking up at 9am, eating breakfast, lunch and dinner came naturally and he would have loved to have Kyuhyun by his side to experience it all. Unfortunately, he wasn’t and with every day, he was reminded of that.

 

 

 

“Min! Yongguk says Zelo found something!” Yoochun bashed open the door of the guestroom Changmin was staying in. Not bothering to knock, he had let himself in, knowing that the younger would most likely be laying down on the bed, staring into thin air like he did most of the time. This was a rare case as the scientist was located not on the bed, but at the desk looking over at some blueprints of what Yoochun could only guess was Kyuhyun’s make.

 

 

 

“Really?!” Changmin flung his back around, almost causing the chair to fly back with him still seated on it. The spark was back in his ears the moment he heard Yoochun’s words. Almost not believe the good news; he wanted to confirm if it was indeed true. ‘The boys have found something’, Yoochun repeated again with a proud smirk. The raven jumped out of his chair and flew down the stairs. Jumping down two or three at a time to lessen the journey, he was inside the computer room in record time. The door was already opened with Zelo seated in front of the multiscreen device and Yongguk standing behind him. As soon as Changmin came through the door, a smile came on the humanoid’s face.

 

 

 

“I heard you found something.”

 

 

 

“Changmin ssi! I have some good news and some bad news.” The younger warned, standing, gesturing the other to take a seat on one of the two chairs just opposite him. He nodded, taking the left while Yoochun sat on the right.

 

“We have and it’s not the best news but it’s the best we can find. We’ve managed to locate Kyuhyun.” At the last sentence, Changmin felt his heart skip a beat. Finally, we found him. Kyuhyun is going to come home.

 

 

 

“And the bad news?” Yoochun spoke as the news had yet to fully process in the other’s mind. Zelo waited for Changmin to come back from the shock and relief. Once the scientist showed a little attention to the humanoid, he continued.

 

 

 

“Though we’ve managed to locate him, it seems that 4 out of the 5 codes have been changed on his body. The only match we managed to make was the one located on the back of his neck. Because of that, we have also had a match with 4 other humanoids, making a total of 5. We have no choice but to find each and every one of them to rule them out.” Changmin sat up after hearing what the younger had to say.

 

 

 

“Are you not able to track them down using CCTV or government files?” He asked, his eyes on the screen as Zelo turned it around to show the two of his findings. The screen showed a map of South Korea enlarged to the capital with 5 different places pointed out.

 

 

 

“No, unfortunately it’s too risky. CCTV cameras are highly guarded by those in security and the files and take a little over a month to retrieve for each humanoid. It will waste too much time given that we need to find the files for 5 humanoids.” This time it was Yongguk who spoke, shaking his head as the bad news was being spoken. His voice was softer than usual, showing sympathy for the scientist as he explained the procedure. Changmin wasn’t upset. He knew it wouldn’t be so easy to get Kyuhyun back since the humanoid was the first of his kind, being an absolute perfect one.

 

 

 

“It’s alright. Would you be able to track down the exact address of each of the humanoids?” Yoochun said, giving the two a smile. He reached out to pat the boy on the shoulder, reassuring him. Changmin appreciated it.

 

 

 

“Yes, I’ve managed to round them all up.” The boy passed the two a sheet of paper containing 5 different addresses on it. Changmin’s eyes scanned the places, noting that all of them belonged to very, very rich neighbourhoods. They will most likely be heavily guarded, he thought.

 

 

 

“Thank you Zelo ssi.” The boy nodded with a smile as the two elders dismissed themselves. Once they left the room, the two shared a look of knowing. No words were needed as they made their way to their rooms, getting the equipment for their journey.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How was everyone's christmas?

I hope everyone had fun!!! :D :D :D