Chapter 4: Figuring Him Out

The Perfect Humanoid [Hiatus]

No one’s Pov

 

 

 

The missing humanoid became the biggest news stories for the next few weeks. Such perfection was sure to get mass attention from the media and the audience. Many investors began pouring money out from their own pockets to help find the humanoid in hope that the one who finds him first will be allowed to peak into the secrets of the maker. It was a business for those with money and a form of entertainment for those others. However, no amount of money helped. The search for the missing humanoid was never completed. It soon became apparent that they were never going to find him.

 

 

 

“Changmin? Are you here?” A voice called out from behind. The young inventor had been up all night. After the tragic incident, the night seemed more harmful that before. Changmin could never get a good night’s rest. One month had passed and there was no news. Media had started to retract from their story and funding was being pulled away. There were still a vast amount being poured into finding Kyuhyun but it was no longer the people’s priority. Everyone had lost faith, even Changmin himself. Every few days, Yoochun would come to visit the other, making sure he wasn’t drowning in his own depression. Two years is an awfully long time for a young inventor to spend on their works. Normally, they would have been dropped within the first few months if they didn’t produce anything. Changmin fought long and hard over his projects. Every single one of them was like family to him and Kyuhyun was no exception. They two had barely gotten to know each other before the humanoid was taken away. Yoochun didn’t know what to do. It was something that had never happening within the university before. No one knew what to make of it.

 

 

 

“I’m here.” Changmin’s voice came from above. Yoochun walked up to the dimming lit lab on the second floor, finding Changmin at his desk with his face buried in his hands. Pieces of paper covered every inch of the floor. Food began rotting in their respected places. The smell was almost unbearable.

 

 

 

“Changmin, you need to look after yourself. I know it’s hard losing your first-“

 

 

 

“YOU KNOW NOTHING! THEY TOOK HIM FROM HIS HOME, THEY TOOK HIM FROM ME! DAMN RIGHT IT’S BEEN ING HARD ON ME!” Changmin shouted with rage. He stood abruptly, throwing whatever he could at Yoochun which mainly consisted of papers. Yoochun let the younger do whatever, knowing there wasn’t anything he could throw at him at caused him much hard.

Being three years younger than him, Yoochun had worked his fair share and given as much to society as he could. Yoochun remembered the days when he was in Changmin’s shoes. 6 years ago, he too had become a new inventor. He remembers the dark days where nothing came to mind and was on the brink of losing his position. With the help of Changmin and him lover Junsu, they had managed to work everything out. Finally, after 4 years, he had the power to become a benefactor. Yoochun left the inventing side and started up his own digital firm, specialising in CGI and the mechanics for movies and entertainment shows. It was actually him who had financed part of Changmin’s projects. Though he was rich enough, he wasn’t allowed to fully finance the other’s projects as it breeched the University’s contracts. Old students are allowed to become benefactors once they leave the university, however, aren’t allowed to fully fund projects as it will give less changes to those who run their own business. Students knew which projects are worth funding which meant that most of them would go on to fund the most successful ones, leaving the others with nothing. Hence, this rule was made up. That rule was precisely why Changmin had such a hard time. No one other than Yoochun truly believed in his project until ‘Cho Kyuhyun’ was finally made. Yoochun had lost count of the time Changmin’s project had nearly been scrapped due to his benefactors pulling out after a few months.

 

 

 

“Changmin…” Yoochun called out from under his breath. The young inventor broke down, sobbing uncontrollably.

 

 

 

“Why, why would someone do that?”

 

 

 

“I don’t know…” Yoochun patted his best friend on his back, helping him sooth the pain. His eyes scanned the room and the papers which were left on the floors and table tops. Each one showed how much heart and soul Changmin had poured into Kyuhyun. Various formulas and diagrams drawn out in pen and pencil with precision and perfection make Yoochun understand how such a being came to be. Kyuhyun was indeed perfect in any way possible.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

“Have you calmed down?” The elder asked, bringing Changmin a hot cup of tea. The other had finally calmed the maniac down and cleaned out most to the rotting food. Changmin’s house became a lot more bearably but still gloomy as can be. The young inventor grabbed onto the cup and sipped at it ever so slightly. He had missed the smell of freshly brewed tea.

 

 

 

“Yes… I’m sorry hyung. It’s just…”

 

 

 

“No need to apologise.” Yoochun smiled, petting the other on the shoulder before sitting directly opposite him.

“Now, I know I and the others have asked you this a million times but do you remember anything from the night before Kyuhyun was taken? Was there anything out of character or anyone you found suspicious?” Changmin thought hard to the events of a little over a month ago. Kyuhyun had just woken up less than a week before they were invited to the National Inventor’s event held at the University grounds. The both of them made it to the place without many difficulties. People greeted them and congratulated them from every corner. Kyuhyun, being newly born stuck to Changmin like glue.

 

 

 

“Wait, there was this one time during the party when Kyuhyun went rough. As you heard, there was an ambush at the event and Kyuhyun got hurt. Some of his circuits were cut from the left side of his torso. It wasn’t anything major luckily but his actions were weird.”

 

 

 

“What do you mean?”

 

 

 

“He disobeyed my instructions and went rogue.”

 

 

 

“WHAT?!” Yoochun was never one to raise his voice but this time was an exception. Though humanoids were thought of as a relatively new invention, they were still bound by their masters, especially their makers. Throughout these years, never has a humanoid gone rogue on their master. Truth be told, they never thought it was going to happen. They were born without a soul and relied simply on their master’s commands or through the purity of protecting their master. However, calculations and being able to make their own choice was still being developed as that part of the brain was the hardest to mimic. For Kyuhyun to be able to be this advanced yet only have been born for no more than a month was miracle. Yoochun thought for a bit before turning around and grabbing Changmin by the shoulders.

“Don’t worry, I’ll find him for you.” Such a subject was not allowed to be lost. Yoochun wouldn’t allow it. If he was to fall into the wrong hands, who knows what kind of evil Kyuhyun could bring to the world. The card had sat in his pocket for some time but Yoochun knew it was time to use it.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

The man opened his eyes to see the unusual ceiling painting above him. It was some sort of biblical sort he didn’t understand. The reason it was there was because of his mother. Hoping the heavens would always be above them, she commissioned someone to paint it for her. It took him a while to realise he wasn’t in his bedroom but in fact, the throne room. He let out a low chuckle before running his hands through his messy brown locks.

 

 

 

“It seems I have fallen asleep on the throne again. Why did you not wake me up, Jaejoong?” He asked, not bothering to turn around to where his personal humanoid was standing. The humanoid moved over so his master could see him before giving a bow. His raven hair fell down and covered his face as he did so.

 

 

 

“My sincerest apologies, Master. You were sleeping so comfortably, I couldn’t dare disturb you.” He spoke. The humanoid’s voice was soft and airy. Yunho moved his hand upwards, signalling to the other it was alright to raise his head. The humanoid did as he was told before moving back to his original space, behind the throne and behind his master.

 

 

 

“How long has it been?” Jaejoong knew exactly what Yunho was referring to.

 

 

 

“Around a month, Master.”

 

 

 

“How much longer do I have you wait?” Since the day he was bought to the mansion, Kyuhyun remained asleep in the main guest room down the corridor from Yunho’s. The humanoid made no sudden movements nor did he should any sign of waking up. Yunho had been waiting patiently but his patience was wearing thin. He had hoped to test out the ‘perfect’ humanoid the day he arrived. However, during the capture, some idiot had tripped over a wire, causing the boy to reboot. Jaejoong did his best with all his knowledge to try and fix the young one but nothing worked. Cho Kyuhyun remained unresponsive and with every passing day, Yunho became more frustrated.

 

 

 

“Soon, Master. I’m sure he’ll wake up soon enough.”

 

 

 

“That’s what you say everyday but look, nothing has happened.” Annoyed, he tapped at the armrest of the throne. He sighed loudly before continuing.

“Bring me that bastard.”

 

 

 

“Yes, Master.” Jaejoong’s eyes went clear as he sent a message to the system that connected him with the other followers. He let his eyes do the typing by connecting his brain to the system. Letters began appeared on the screen over every monitor located in every room of the mansion.

 

 

 

LEE KYUNGSOO, COME TO THE THRONE ROOM THIS VERY INSTANT

 

 

 

 The words written in bold frightened everyone. They hoped it wasn’t their name on the screen. Almost all of them cheered when they realised it wasn’t them. All except one of course. Lee Kyungsoo gulped down hard. He knew getting called in was never a good thing. The Master hated seeing people unless they had something that made him interesting. The blonde made his way down four flights of stairs, to the ground floor before turning a hard left and entering the large double doors on his left. Yunho sat arrogantly on his chair with his chin resting on his left arm and his left leg over the other. He was sat in a slouched way but still somehow screamed elegance.

 

 

 

“Y-yes, Young Master Yunho?” The young boy bowed. He didn’t dare lifted his head up, scared to meet Yunho’s eyes.

 

 

 

“Tell me. What exactly happened that day when we were sent out to retrieve the Humanoid, Cho Kyuhyun.” Sweat began pouring down his forehead at the mention of the humanoid’s name. It had been an accident. During the time when Changmin was put to sleep, they released a sleeping gas to ensure he didn’t wake up when the mission began. Kyuhyun somehow, had reacted with the gas and connected himself with the security of Changmin’s lab. He proceeded to close down the building, stopping anyone from coming in or leaving. Before he could finish, Kyungsoo managed to grab onto his head, opening up the compartment and yanking a random wire out. He hoped to shut down Kyuhyun’s interaction with the security which did work but it also shut Kyuhyun’s internal systems down. The Humanoid no longer reacted to commands nor did he switch himself on every waking day. That was what happened but Kyungsoo didn’t have the bravery to tell Yunho.

 

 

 

“I’M SO SORRY! PLEAASE HAVE MERCY!” He fell down onto his knees, begging for forgiveness. Had he just told Yunho what had happened, he might have come out of the room alive but he chose to hide it and beg like a wimp.

“PLEASE YOUNG MASTER YUNHO! PLEASE HAVE MERCY!” Yunho couldn’t look any longer before he sent Jaejoong a look.

 

 

 

“Get him out of my sight.” He ordered. Jaejoong nodded before moving over to the man in front of them. Kyungsoo screamed once he had heard what Yunho said. Moving as fast as he could, he stood up to try and make a run for it. However, the humanoid had beat him to it. Without a second thought, Jaejoong grabbed Kyuhyun by the head and twisted his neck. A loud crack was heard before the man’s body fell lifelessly onto to cold hard ground. Yunho sighed, standing up from his seat.

 

 

 

“I didn’t mean kill him in front of me.” Yunho walked over to Jaejoong, disgusted by the body that lay in front of him. Too bad, he had a good thing going for him. Yunho thought.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry Master. He was running away so I-“ Before Jaejoong could continue, Yunho stopped him.

 

 

 

“Just take him away.”

 

 

 

“Yes Master.” Jaejoong leaned over to pick up the body when something in his brain clicked. His brain scanned the information that was given to him and processed them in lighting speed.

“Cho Kyuhyun has woken up.” He said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

If you follow any of my other fics, you might have noticed I've been updating a lot these past few days! 4 different fics have been updated in the past 4 days! How good have I been??? Hopefully I shall carry on with great speed! MUAHAHA!

Comment, Subscribe and Upvote! <3 Love you all!!