Chapter 7: 20 Digits, 5 Codes

The Perfect Humanoid [Hiatus]

 

No one’s Pov

 

 

 

After the first ever mass production of humanoids to be released to the public for purchase, the amount of missing humanoid grew to the hundreds. Only a few were ever found alive while many of them were broken down, parts to be sold to the black market before they are resold to scientists such as Changmin. ‘The Disappeared of the First Humanoids’ was what the event was eventually named. Eventually the amount of destroyed and rogue humanoids caused them to do a total wipe of the bots. All humanoids, parts included or anything related to them were seized by the government and bought back to the by the University for examining. It took 20 years for them to reissue out humanoids to the public but because of the growth in technology and what happened before, they were now branded as ‘exclusive products’ that only the rich and powerful could own. Every humanoid manufactured was made by hand as well as a new requirement put in place. Every humanoid must be registered and engraved with a 20 digit code around 5 parts of the body called ‘Maker’s Code’. The code is broken into 4 parts with the first part specific to the maker and is. Changmin’s code went in the form of so: 

 

 

12263 XXXXX XXXXX XXXXX

 

 

Each part must be different and the codes are engraved on the following places:

 

  • Back of neck
  • Right wrist
  • Left
  • Left thigh
  • Right ankle

 

Changes to the codes were almost impossible as it required either a full change in the parts of where the code is located or a total recoding of the humanoid’s system which is more difficult that building the humanoid’s frame. The engraving changes accordingly once it has been done.

 

 

 

“Not very many people have the ability to change the codes of the humanoids and finding people who know how to track them is even harder. We are lucky enough to have Zelo here who has a lot of experience in the field and is willing to help.” Yoochun finished, patting the humanoid on the head as a sort of praise. Zelo leaned in with a smile, missing the warm once the elder released his hand.

 

 

 

“Thank you so much Zelo ssi, you have no idea how grateful I am.” Changmin stood up and bowed at the younger, knowing that there was a chance of finding Kyuhyun after all. The humanoid quickly waved his hand with panic, lifting Changmin up and setting him down on his seat.

 

 

 

“Please, there is no need to bow. I’m happy to help out a friend of Yoochun hyung’s as well as a fellow endangered Humanoid.” Zelo said with a smile. He turned to look back at the blonde who stared for a few seconds before nodding.

 

 

 

“If you may, Changmin ssi, could we please have the 5, 20 digit code of Kyuhyun?” His voice was unexpected low which startled Changmin for a bit. Anyone would have thought the blonde was older that him if it was only judged by their voices.

 

 

 

“Yes, of course.” Changmin replied, taking out his wallet before pulling out a small piece of paper from within one of the compartments. He passes it to the blonde who takes it and unfolds the small sheet. The five codes are written neatly in a list with their location of which body part it is engraved on, next to it.

 

 

 

“Thank you Changmin ssi.” Yongguk passed the paper to Zelo who in turned looked at the numbers with a smile. He looked up for a second, meeting the scientist’s eyes with a bow before moving back to the sheet.

 

 

 

“We’ll get started right away.” The humanoid stood up, taking the blonde with him and back to a room in the back. Yoochun and Changmin were left in the living room, the younger of the two looking somewhat confused.

 

 

 

“They’ll be staying with me for the time being. Saves time running around and all, right?” He shrugged knowing what Changmin’s questioning gaze meant.

 

 

 

“Junsu hyung is fine with it?”

 

 

 

“He’s fine. Took a while to convince him and almost made him late to work but he understand. I think… Those big words I used to describe out situation must have thrown him off. Luckily he agrees to everything when he doesn’t understand what’s happening. All he knows is that it’s important not only to the University but also to you. You know he has a soft spot for you.” Yoochun chuckles at the memory of waking up after only 3 hours sleep to a furious Junsu who had gotten up for work and walking into two strangers sleeping soundly in their guest bedroom. Fortunately the guests weren’t woken up but Yoochun was forced to explain anything and everything to his lover who in the end, agreed to everything as soon as Changmin’s name was bought up. He could have saved himself an hour of talking had he known that bringing up the other’s name would save him time and energy. 

 

“Junsu told me to tell you to stay since we still have another guest bedroom free. Also, it’s easier for us to get ready when the results start coming in. I don’t want to sound too pessimistic but there is a chance that Kyuhyun’s codes have changed and the chance of locating your codes on another Humanoid is possible. Be prepared to make multiple runs for the search.”

 

 

 

“No, it’s fine, I understand. As much as I would love to turn down your offer as an act of courtesy, I guess you’re right; it would save a lot of time running about once the search actually starts. I’ll have to go back and grab some stuff though.” A smile grew on Yoochun’s face since he didn’t expect Changmin to actually agree to this. The boy was a mess and staying with him at least allowed Yoochun to keep a close eye on him. Yoochun lifted his hand and patted the younger on the shoulder. Changmin smiled at the move and reassured his hyung by looking into his eyes. The confidence the younger showed was one that Yoochun had been missing. Ever since Kyuhyun’s disappearance, there was none of that left in the boy and the elder had a hard time wondering when it would ever come back.

 

 

 

“I’ll drive you.” Yoochun said as he stood up and grabbed his car keys. He threw it up and caught it again, feeling the cold metal on his fingers before pulling the other up. Changmin wanted to say it’s alright but Yoochun was too fast and was already out the door by the time Changmin could get a word in. He chuckled at the elder, knowing it was impossible to change his mind as he exited the door and made his way to Yoochun’s car.

 

The duo came back in record time as all Changmin needed was some clean clothes (to which he had none and was forced to grab some clothes from the cleaning basket and wash it over at Yoochun’s place) and toiletries. He filled up a small suitcase, adding some files of his work and documentation of Kyuhyun before leaving the house with that an a small backpack. Yoochun put the suitcase in the back of the car before making it back to his house. By the time they arrived, it was about half three.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

The perfect humanoid watches from the window as he sits on the ledge, his legs straightened and resting on top of it. The semi-transparent curtains are drawn back and his head rests on side of the large Victorian style frame. People are running below, making haste in their footsteps as they try to get whatever job they were given, done. He watches with curiosity as his head moves slowly back and forth in time with the movement of people. The light gently casts an ethereal glow around him. Despite the angelic aura, his features remain blank with zero emotions. Still, the man in black watches on from the single sofa located a few metres away unable to take his eyes off the boy. He has a coffee in hand, sipping away before putting it down on the dark chocolate coloured coffee table. Unable to contain himself, he walked towards the humanoid in a steady manor. The heavy footsteps don’t break the boy from his viewing until a hand rests on his shoulder.

 

 

 

“Kyuhyun.” The man calls with as much affection any voice can harbour. The boy looks up and meets the other’s eyes in an act of innocence and the man does everything he can to stop his heart from exploding. The picture in front of him is perfection and he can’t help but praise the maker for having a good eye in picking the features that are present on the boy.

 

 

 

“Yes Master?” His voice is soft like his hair and music to Yunho’s ears. Kyuhyun bats his eyes in confusion and Yunho in a breath. This is what he was missing in Jaejoong, this was what he was looking for all this time.

 

 

 

“It is time for lunch. Are you not hungry?” The brunette looks up to the large clock in the room and seeing the time of 2:23pm, he abruptly stands up.

 

 

 

“Master must not miss his meal. We must make haste!” He scurries out the door. It isn’t when a cough is sounded by the Master does Kyuhyun stop what he’s doing and looks back. Yunho stands where he stood before whereas Kyuhyun is by the door. They lock eyes and Kyuhyun for a moment, shies away. The unfamiliar feeling renders him restless and part of his fears the eyes that meet his but the man is his Master and he must not disobey.

 

 

 

“Are you leaving without your Master?” The elder asks in an almost teasing tone. One brow is up with question as he looks at the smaller humanoid. Kyuhyun looks away, not daring to continue the gaze any longer and Yunho bits back a grin. Cute.

 

 

 

“No Master. Never.” He replies, walking slowly back to Yunho and waits next to him. The raven takes Kyuhyun’s hand to his own, not before ruffling the other’s hair as a sort of ‘reward’ for his reply.

 

 

 

“Good boy.” Yunho says as they make their way out of the room and down to the large dining room of the mansion. It’s big, like everything in the mansion and Kyuhyun still can’t get used to it.

 

The servants are called away as the Master enters with the humanoid closely behind. Only two stay behind, Jaejoong who takes his meals with them and Siwon, the head butler who is in charge of setting the table as the others were sent away. Kyuhyun sticks close to his Master and sits by his right while Jaejoong takes the seat directly opposite him.  As they take their seats, their plates are set in front of them one by one followed by a bowl of streaming white rice. A rang of dishes are laid out in front of them; bringing the delicious aroma with it. They eat in moderate silence with the Yunho doting on the humanoid constantly by picking up side dishes and setting it on his plate. Kyuhyun takes them without any rejection.

 

 

 

“Thank you, Master.” He thanks once the meal is done. As they make their way back to the room, Jaejoong is left alone, helping the servants tidy up. Kyuhyun doesn’t forget to thank the elder humanoid and bows just before leaving. The master takes his hand in his again as they make their way back to Kyuhyun’s room. The humanoid looks around, taking in the Mansion as they continue working.

 

 

 

“Are you curious about the Mansion?” Yunho doesn’t miss the glances Kyuhyun takes at the interior and questions the young one. Part of him was happy that Kyuhyun was as curious as he was since it led to him growing but another part wanted to keep the humanoid the way he is. The less interaction with others the more chance of the humanoid becoming on the Master’s.

 

 

 

“Yes Master.” The humanoid answers truthfully.

 

 

 

“Would you like to have a look around?” His eyes look as though they are glowing at the mention of a possible tour. He nods once, his hair bobbing with the action, making him look like a small puppy. A smile comes to the elder’s lips.

 

 

 

“I’ll take you around if you give me a kiss.” He said without batting an eyelid. Kyuhyun leans his head to one side, unable to understand the new word as it was not listed in his memory.

 

 

 

“A kiss? What is a ‘kiss’ Master?” The brunette asks curiously. Yunho reaches out and caresses the boy’s cheek with a gentle touch causing the younger to lean into the warmth. He eyes look on fondly at the shorter, once against questioning his perfect existence.

 

 

 

“I’ll only teach you once so remember it well. You cannot do this with anyone other than me, understand?”

 

 

 

“I understand Master.” With that, Yunho leans in; their eyes stay connected as Kyuhyun’s body freezes. Their lips touch lightly, almost like a feather and Yunho feels, knows this is in fact everything he was looking for. They part ways but their gazes stay connected for a few seconds before Yunho decide to continue walking to their room. His back is facing towards Kyuhyun and the humanoid looks down at their joined hands.

 

 

 

“A kiss.” Kyuhyun mutters, ghosting a hand on his pink lips.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Hello my loves~ How is everyone?

From now on I'll be trying to update every Friday. As my last post, I'll be updating both 'Perfect Humanoid' and 'Patient 403' at the same time which means the updates between the two will alternate. They most likely won't be one after the other as I tend to write one fic more than the other so there is a chance I'll end up updating one fic for two weeks. Also I might end up posting a chapter too early since now I'm trying to write chapters further than my postings. (I'm actually writing chapter 9 of this fic as we speak!)

Thank you so much for your patience and I'm so happy there are still people commenting! Keep them comnig, I love reading them~ :D

 

LOVE YOU ALL!

 

Avie