Chapter 5: The Forgotten Unforgetten

The Perfect Humanoid [Hiatus]

No one’s Pov

 

The brunette ran as fast as he could out of the throne room and up 3 flights for stairs before finally reaching the room that laid the so called ‘perfect’ humanoid. His black long coat flowed swiftly behind. Jaejoong stayed where he was and proceeded to throw away the corpse that messed up the floor. Yunho arrived at the room with great speed. Now he stood, heavily breathing, outside the door. He didn’t what to make of it. He was excited but at the same time afraid that the humanoid might turn out to be another disappointment. He didn’t know what he would do if it turned put that way. Probably throw Kyuhyun aside. He already had Jaejoong. Another useless humanoid wasn’t needed.

 It wasn’t the first time someone had come to the university claiming they had created a perfect humanoid. However, it was the first time the university put on a show just for one humanoid. From Yunho’s personal sources, Kyuhyun didn’t even go through the testing requirements before the announcement was released. Yunho knew he had to get him hands on it. Once he had him, he would begin his own set of tests on the young one.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Yunho took one last deep breath before opening the door. There sat the humanoid who was dressed in nothing but a white long dress shirt that reached just above his thighs. The duvet covered his lower half, making sure no skin was exposed. His hair was tousled naturally and moved in the direction if the wind. From where he was standing, Yunho could see Kyuhyun was looking at the painting from the ceiling that mimicked the one from the throne room as this use to be his mother’s room for when she stayed over. He was sure that he told the others to put Kyuhyun in the guest room as he didn’t like being in his mothers room. Instead, they completely ignored his orders and put him in the room Yunho hated the most. However, seeing Kyuhyun like this, maybe it wasn’t such a bad idea after all. The room complimented him well.

His eyes followed the figures of each angel that was there, lightly glazing over their bodies. Brown doe eyes twinkled in the warm light that shone through the semi-transparent curtains. They had left the balcony door open, hoping that his mother board didn’t over heat during his sleep. Thanks to that, Yunho got to see the most beautiful view of the boy. It was like an angel had just fallen down from the heavens.

 

 

 

“Who are you?” The brunette jumped when he heard a voice emit from the other. He had been staring too long and found himself lost between a daydream and reality. He had to admit, it was the first time he had acted like that. Jumping from mere sound wasn’t something he did, ever. But when he was in front of Kyuhyun, the protective walls he built from a young age seemed to open up to the humanoid. Yunho looked away to clear his throat before turning back around to face the humanoid. He walked closer, his heels making small clanging sounds as he did so. Once he was right next to the boy, he stopped and stared.

 

 

 

 “I am your master.” He lied. Whispering, his leaned down closer to Kyuhyun and bought his hand up to caress the boy’s face. So warm, he thought. A smile grew on his lips as he continued to look at Kyuhyun’s every feature. His doe brown eyes, his pump red lips, and soft brown hair, everything about him felt human. More beautiful, more pure compared to anyone.

 

 

 

“My master?” Kyuhyun replied. Even his voice was that of an angel. So smooth and sultry, Yunho felt himself melt in the presence of the humanoid. They don’t even compare. He sat down on the bed, taking Kyuhyun’s left hand into his own. The other was half unsure that the man in front of him was his master. The feeling felt, foreign. However, he couldn’t say anything. Accepting him was better than being abandoned. Maybe that man in front of him was indeed his master. Maybe his memory accidentally deleted itself. Too many questions plagued him.

 

 

 

“Do you not remember me?” Yunho asked with a fake saddened voice. His eyes twinkled, pretending to be on the verge of tears as the boy looked on, clueless. Kyuhyun seemed to buy it as the small boy lifted his hand up and gently brushed the brunette’s cheek. The gesture made the other’s heart run wild. Yunho wondered if Kyuhyun could feel it.

 

 

 

“I’m sorry...Master.” With that, Yunho knew he had Kyuhyun wrapped around his little finger. A hidden smirk was concealed behind his princely smile.

 

 

 

“It’s alright my dear Kyuhyun. As long as one of us remembers, it’s fine.” Kyuhyun’s expression remained unchanged. The eyes that looked back at him where nowhere stored in his memory chip. However hard he dug, no ounce of memory was there but he couldn’t look away. There was something there that called put for him, which needed him. Maybe it was curiosity but whatever it was, he accepted it.

 

 

 

“I promise I won’t forget.”

 

 

 

“I know you won’t, my dearest Kyuhyun.” The smile never left his lips as he leaned in to capture the other’s.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Yoochun looked around to make sure there was no one following him. It was late and cold. The air ripped through his throat with every breath he took. Though it had been spring for some time, the cold was still very much present. Yoochun couldn’t wait for summer. He stuffed his hands into his pockets, trying to keep himself warm. His car keys were in his left pocket and the black card in his right. Making sure no one found the place, Yoochun had to park a little further away than he like. He fiddled around with the card, his fingers continuously feeling over the risen numbers that mimicked that of a bank card. It became a habit that calms his nerves throughout the years.

He stopped outside the black door located deep into the alleyway that no one dared to go. It was the last black door before the third passing to the right. Not many people went there, purely because they didn’t know of its existence. Even if they did, they wouldn’t be allowed in without proper permission. Yoochun knocked on the door, exactly three times, no more no less. It took about 30 seconds before the door creaked open. A tall, built man was seen peering through the small opening.

 

 

 

“Who are you and what do you want?” The voice was low, matching his figure. Their hair was dyed bleach blond and could be seen a mile away in the dark. Yoochun bought the card out from his pocket and lifted it up for the other to see. As soon as the bleach blond saw the card, his eyes shot open.

“I-I’m so sorry Park-ssi! I didn’t know you were coming.” The man panicked.

 

 

 

“It’s alright. I didn’t tell anyone I was coming anyway. Let me in would you? It’s freezing out here.” He said, putting the black card back into his pocket.

 

 

 

“Yes Park-ssi!” The man opened the door and bowed at the other.  Yoochun stepped inside the dark corridor, happy to be out of the cold. The blond walked on ahead, guiding Yoochun to where he was meant to go. As he walked, he looked down at his Rolex. 00:45 am, it read. Junsu wasn’t going to be happy after knowing he had been out at this time, not that he planned to tell him. He knew the younger would wait until he got home before hopping into bed. Just in case, he took out his phone to text his lover that he was going to stay at Changmin’s for the day. As long as Changmin doesn’t say anything, he was safe from Junsu wrath.

 

 

 

“I said this before, just call me Yoochun.” The blond opened the large red double doors and guided Yoochun in.

 

 

 

“I wouldn’t dare.” The blonde quickly said before Yoochun stepped inside the large room. He let out a small smile, trying to lessen the other’s burden.

 

 

 

“I wasn’t expecting you.” He heard a voice say. Yoochun looked forward to see someone sitting on a white couch, his arms spread out on the top. Like the guard, the man that sat on the sofa also had bleached blond hair. It was something everyone who was associated with this place had. It was their thing. Like the sun, they were, they shined through the night.

 

 

 

“Long time no see Himchan.” He greeted the raven. Yoochun turned to the first blond.

“You can wait outside for us, Yongguk.”

 

 

 

“Yes, Yoochun-ssi.” Yongguk bowed again before closing the door behind him. The room went quiet for a while as the two stared at each other in the eyes. Himchan stood up and walked over to the other until he was an inch away. A smile grew on his face instantly that almost out shone his hair as he grabbed the elder and engulfed him into a hug. Yoochun let out a gentle chuckle while returning the other’s hug.

 

 

 

“How have you been Hyung? I haven’t seen you in like what, two years? How are Junsu and the other one?” The two of them walked over to the white sofa and sat down. They sat next to each other, turning they body to face the other. Himchan was wearing a white shirt, the first two buttons opened with black slacks, a little more formal compared to a Yoochun who donned a mint green shirt and black skinny jeans.  

 

 

 

“You mean Changmin?” He asked, almost not sure if Himchan was joking or not. Even though they had never met, Yoochun was sure he could at least remember Changmin’s names. After all, other than Junsu, Changmin was the only person he ever talked about to Himchan.

 

 

 

“Yeah! Changmin! Still a brat?” Himchan laughed. 

 

 

 

“Junsu’s good. He’s still at the hospital working as a brain specialist. Changmin in the other hand, not so good.” He could see Himchan eyes soften. The other knew how important Changmin was to Yoochun, therefore despite only knowing him through Yoochun‘s stories, he felt bad for the other. Himchan and Yoochun were like brothers without the blood relation. Secrets weren’t hidden between them but Himchan knew there were certain things Yoochun couldn’t say out loud. The difficulties, sadness and insecurities he faces were just a few he could list. Who knew how much the other hid. But it was understandable. Everyone has their secrets. Himchan was no exception.

 

 

 

“What happened?”

 

 

 

“I’m sure you’ve heard about the missing Humanoid for the past month.” The news had blown up the story by ten folds. Anyone who didn’t know of the so called ‘Perfect Humanoid’ must have had to live under a rock to not know the name ‘Cho Kyuhyun’. For security purposes, they had to keep up with the outside world in case anything was to happen that meant they had to evacuate.

 

 

 

“’The Perfect Humanoid’, sure.” He said, clearly uninterested.

 

 

 

“He’s Changmin’s latest creation.” It only took him the sentence for Himchan to understand why Yoochun was here. It was obvious that they the elder wasn’t here to catch up in his usual life as he would never come here unannounced. Furthermore, frequenting from home to the area meant more chances of them being found out. If possible, Yoochun would love to avoid that.

Himchan’s eyes grew hard and guarded. Yoochun noticed the quick change. He let out a sigh before running his hand through his hair.

 

 

 

“You want Zelo, right?” His voice was no longer the softly spoken man Yoochun was talking to a second ago. As soon as the boy’s name came up, a cold air washed over the whole room. Yoochun felt as though he was outside again but refused to let out a shiver.

 

 

 

“You know I would never-“ It was a favour he would never ask of the other unless  he was absolutely out of options. Yoochun took days weighing everything to see if there was anything he could do from the very day Kyuhyun’s capture was announced by the inventor himself.

 

 

 

“I know. I know. It’s just that if possible, I would like for him to not be in the face of danger. He’s been through a lot and he’s still a kid. It’s only been a year since that happened.”

 

 

 

“I’m so sorry.” Yoochun felt bad. They both knew what had happened to the younger. In fact, it was because of him that it happened to the poor boy.

 

 

 

“Don’t be. If it wasn’t for you, Zelo wouldn’t be here. Heck, none of us would. If there’s anything you need, of course we’ll help.” The mood began to lighten up and the spark was back in Himchan’s eyes. Making Zelo leave the place was incredibly dangerous. He really appreciated everything they did.

 

 

 

“Thank you so much. “

 

 

 

“But on one condition. You have to bring Yongguk.”